Amanda's Menu Planning Spectacular!

I'm sending a :hug: and some :sunny: thoughts your way, dear friend!
:flower:

Hi, Amanda! :wave2: How's the weekend going? I hope that you've had a chance for some R and R after your crazy week! Are you supposed to get this snow that we're going to get?

Hugs for your Sunday,
Erin

My weekend was CRAZY busy! Sunday we had a very filled day but it was also fun. We made it to the store where we bought a new digital camera whic we are very excited about and can't wait to use on the cruise!!!! We also went to the home store and picked up a new blanket that is so soft it makes you feel like you are sleeping on a cloud. I love 100% Egyptian Cotton! We also got some new sheets for the bed - 400 thread count - yummy! Now if the new mattress would just get here we would be sitting pretty!

I am glad that I am going to Curves because I really do see changes in my body and metabolism. I've been very bad food wise this entire weekend but I do not feel the bloat and fattness that normally accompanies the type of eating I've been doing. DH and I both have the day off today so we are going to relax most of the afternoon away (we already slept till 10a.m.!!) and I'm going to go to Curves about 5p.m. tonight I went on Saturday and did 3 rounds instead of the usual 2 and a quarter. I think I might do 3 rounds again today - made me feel like I was getting an extra good workout.

I think I am going to give myself a bit of a break on food for the moment. Low carb has become such a lifestyle that I'm really not worried about taking some time away from planning. I'm still going with the hardfast rule of no drinking or eating anything after 8p.m. (although I did let this slide a bit this weekend with some wine :drinking1

~Amanda

It sounds like your bedroom is coming together to become the safe haven that you and DH deserve - awesome!

Enjoy your day off and your workout this evening!! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Sounds like you are had a great time shopping!!!! It is nice to have nice soft bedroom things, isn't it?! :flower:

I know what you mean about the low carb thing... I decided today I am going tocut myself a break and focus on the Oprah boot camp.. My body is craving fruit.. I know that pasta, rice, or anything white and fluffy really deosn't tempt me much anymore... I will still eat my low carb bread if I want a piece of toast, but grapefruit is really tasting good right now!

Keep up the excellent work! :cheer2:

:flower: Hi, Amanda! It sounds like you had a nice weekend. I'll bet climbing into bed at night has taken on a whole new level of comfort! Enjoy!

You sound like you're having such a fun time at Curves--just what we want our workouts to be! If we hadn't gotten this home gym thingy that's coming next week, I'd be at Curves just from your tales of success.

Tomorrow you're back to work, right? You'll be in my thoughts, girlfriend. :goodvibes

Erin

Well I didn't make it to Curves yesterday - I ended up being completely lazy and sitting on my bum the enitre day. I have my gym bag in the car already and am ready to go tonight after work. I'm looking forward to the workout.

I'm drinking lots of water today because I really slacked on it this weekend. Otherwise I am just going to go through the day as I feel fit. I'm thinking I'll be pretty low carb for the most part, because as I said it has become a way of life now.

For now my focus needs to be on working out 3 to 4 times a week and making that a lifestyle. I hope the weather is nice this weekend so that I can go for a bit of a walk.

~Amanda

Amanda--

I think you're doing so well!! It's all about the attitude/mindset...you're in the right place there!!

BTW:
Sometimes we do just need to sit on our bums!!! I was in my bathrobe until 3:15pm yesterday, watching trashy t.v.!!! Gotta love those federal holidays!!

Have a good one!!

Amanda, I'm glad you took yesterday just to relax and bum around. It's important that we do that.

I have to tell you that I like reading your journal. You sound focused on just living in a healthy way--decent diet and exercise--and while you might still want to lose weight, you don't sound like it's the focus of your efforts. I know that you've still got tankini ambitions, but in the midst of all that you've got going on right now, you sound centered. You're giving off good :goodvibes .

Take care, friend.
Erin

I have to agree with Erin - you're giving off good vibes. You sound like you're doing your best to live healthy but you're not going to any extremes - a good attitude.

Curves tonight - WOO HOO!! Enjoy that workout. Enjoy the way your body moves, that feeling of working the muscles, of getting stronger and fitter. Our bodies are truly miraculous. ::yes::

:hug: for your day. :sunny:

Glad to know I was giving off such positive :goodvibes today when really all I wanted to do was go off on people. It was a stressful day to say the least, but I did manage my workout and I took a 45 minute bubble bath with a good book. Of course now it is 11:40p.m. and I can't sleep. Guess I relaxed a little to much. :)

~Amanda

Hi Amanda,

You are doing great! I'm sorry that the day was stressful, but you seemed to giveyourself some TLC at the end of the day. I hope you managed to get a decent night's sleep.

I hope today is stress free,
Beth

Sorry your day was stressful! It sounds like you did some great things for yourself though! Way to go! :flower:

I hope you managed to get a good night's sleep after all. I know that I cannot take a nap in the evening or I'm wired well into the wee hours of the morning. :p Didn't realize a bubble bath could have the same effect. At least you got some time all to yourself - sounds heavenly! I hope the book was a good one!

When things get stressful, take a few moments to breathe deeply and relax the tension in your muscles. If you can't do this at your desk, then go for a quick walk or, if all else fails, hide in the bathroom! :teeth: Hey, we gotta do what keeps us sane, right?? :p

Sending you a :hug: and hopes for a less stressful day!

septbride2002 said:
Glad to know I was giving off such positive :goodvibes today when really all I wanted to do was go off on people. It was a stressful day to say the least, but I did manage my workout and I took a 45 minute bubble bath with a good book. Of course now it is 11:40p.m. and I can't sleep. Guess I relaxed a little to much. :)

~Amanda

Glad you enjoyed your bubble bath & book...that sounds dreamy!!
A little bit of pampering is sooooo good for the soul!!

Hi, Amanda. C'mon, tell the truth. . .did you go off on anyone today? :teeth: Don't you love coming to your journal where you can be totally honest? :)
I hope your Wednesday is OK and you're able to float over any junk people try to dish your way.

Love ya,
Erin

Erin I was very nice to most of the people I talked to today ;) I did have one idiot on the phone with me for longer then I would have liked. I swear there are days I should screen all my calls. :rotfl:

I didn't do very well today food wise and splurged way to much on everything. B:Strawberry Yogurt, L: 3 chicken strips and 1 potatoe skin, S: Sherbert fruit smoothie D: Imo's Pizza and a lot of it.

But I did go to curves after work today and went 3 times around the circuit - so I got in a great workout.

I have to tell you after cutting sugar for so long when you eat something sweeten like the yogurt you feel your body go into sugar shock. That is the last time I do that! I miss yogurt but from now on I'll have to get the kind that isn't loaded with sugar! :crazy:

Our new mattress is in but I still haven't purchased a box spring for it. Looks like we will be going out tomorrow night to find one.

~Amanda

Great job on the work out! :cool1: As for the food, we all have days like that! Today is a new day so make the best of it! :flower:

Good luck in your box spring search!

You got to Curves - YAY!! :cheer2:

I don't get the sugar shock from sweetened yogurt. Hmmm, maybe that means I've been consuming too much sugar all along. Gives me something to think about.

I do hope you got to bed very soon after posting - you need your beauty sleep! I'll turn my Mom-mode off now. :teeth:

Have a great Thursday! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter