• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazing Adventures of the 2014 Disney Parks Moms Panel Search

Which specialty did you apply for?

• Walt Disney World

• Disneyland

• runDisney

• Disney Vacation Club

• Disney Cruise Line

• ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've been reminded of Anton Ego, from time to time, during this process.

While we all offered ourselves up to criticism and judgment in both rounds, much like any budding chef must do to the food critic who may make or break his/her restaurant, remember that what you do by providing advice to others and enjoying and sharing your love of Disney, is more meaningful than someone telling you that it's meaningful. You already love it - and you help people. Knowing how few can really move forward in this next round means that many of us will have a bit of heartache tomorrow. So, perspective...the job of the panel isn't easy and the odds are long.

Not everyone can be a Disney Parks Mom's Panel Member, but that member can come from anywhere -- so be proud of what you do, keep doing it, and after tomorrow remember that the dream may end for now but not forever. I know I will be returning to Disney soon, either way, hungry to learn more.

While we all offered ourselves up to criticism and judgment in both rounds, much like any budding chef must do to the food critic who may make or break his/her restaurant, remember that what you do by providing advice to others and enjoying and sharing your love of Disney, is more meaningful than someone telling you that it's meaningful. You already love it - and you help people. Knowing how few can really move forward in this next round means that many of us will have a bit of heartache tomorrow. So, perspective...the job of the panel isn't easy and the odds are long.

Not everyone can be a Disney Parks Mom's Panel Member, but that member can come from anywhere -- so be proud of what you do, keep doing it, and after tomorrow remember that the dream may end for now but not forever. I know I will be returning to Disney soon, either way, hungry to learn more.

PERFECTLY SAID. Just remind me to read it again tomorrow after my Dr. John letter.

Love this heather!!! So very true. Hugs!!!

I wonder if Gary will give us an exact time for the emails again. I sure hope so. I'm driving about 2 1/2 hours tomorrow morning to spend the day with my best friend and her new baby. I'm worried I won't have the self control to not look at my phone every 5 minutes all day! I'm hoping the emails go out early because I don't want to feel anxious during my visit. If I get bad news, at least I'll be able to cuddle a sweet baby girl all day! princess:

I've been reminded of Anton Ego, from time to time, during this process. While we all offered ourselves up to criticism and judgment in both rounds, much like any budding chef must do to the food critic who may make or break his/her restaurant, remember that what you do by providing advice to others and enjoying and sharing your love of Disney, is more meaningful than someone telling you that it's meaningful. You already love it - and you help people. Knowing how few can really move forward in this next round means that many of us will have a bit of heartache tomorrow. So, perspective...the job of the panel isn't easy and the odds are long. Not everyone can be a Disney Parks Mom's Panel Member, but that member can come from anywhere -- so be proud of what you do, keep doing it, and after tomorrow remember that the dream may end for now but not forever. I know I will be returning to Disney soon, either way, hungry to learn more.
I love this!
We all need to be reminded occasionally that our worth does not come from others or their opinions of us.
Thank you.

Update to yesterday's post I made.

We shall now know our fate in 13 hours 20 mins up to 37 hours 20 mins.

I still have ants in my pants, but it helps to know that we will know FOR SURE in the hours/mins specified above. :thumbsup2

The prospect of becoming a Disney Mom is thrilling. The process has been exciting. The anticipation of tomorrow is exhilarating. But meeting all of you and sharing this experience has been the best part yet. Thank you one and all. No matter what tomorrow's email brings, we will always have our journey. For that I am grateful. Prayers and Pixie Dust to us all, no matter what tomorrow, and the days after that, may bring us.

The prospect of becoming a Disney Mom is thrilling. The process has been exciting. The anticipation of tomorrow is exhilarating. But meeting all of you and sharing this experience has been the best part yet. Thank you one and all. No matter what tomorrow's email brings, we will always have our journey. For that I am grateful. Prayers and Pixie Dust to us all, no matter what tomorrow, and the days after that, may bring us.

Agreed! :)

It's so hard in some ways. I wish we all could make it!

It is just WAY too quiet on here. You guys all keeping yourselves busy? Hiding?

Trying to clean!!! We leave 3:45am on Monday for WDW! One of my OCD traits is that I HAVE to come home to a clean house. Next I need to make lists and start packing.

What are you up too?

It is just WAY too quiet on here. You guys all keeping yourselves busy? Hiding?

I think it's the calm before the storm… Doing laundry here. Doesn't distract me from checking my email, twitter, FB even though I know we won't hear until tomorrow. :confused3

Trying to clean!!! We leave 3:45am on Monday for WDW! One of my OCD traits is that I HAVE to come home to a clean house. Next I need to make lists and start packing.

What are you up too?

House is (fairly) clean. At work right now, waiting for access to a file so I can finish a project. Feeling antsy over tomorrow.

Hope you have a great trip to WDW. I love it there this time of year.

Just was looking at the Dis thread from 2 years ago and saw there was a tweet from Laura implying there were 20 people on the Judging Committee. Never thought the committee would be that large. Wonder if it's the same this year. To be a fly on THAT wall!!

Such a strange mixture of excitement, anticipation, fear, and sadness. Wanting desperately for it to be over, but not OVER. The odds are indeed long, but not nearly as long as the lottery or any sweepstakes. And, some of us have to get picked....right???

Anne

Gary just tweeted...oh so cleverly--

20h4o4m.jpg

"I visited #Tomorrowland today & went on Buzz Lightyear. I played both laser cannons & scored well. #DisneyMP pic.twitter.com/45fEDH3rfJ"

So looks like 3pm (or am! haha)

20h4o4m.jpg

"I visited #Tomorrowland today & went on Buzz Lightyear. I played both laser cannons & scored well. #DisneyMP pic.twitter.com/45fEDH3rfJ"

He must ride Buzz Lightyear a lot! :woohoo:

20h4o4m.jpg

Just like the 3:00 parade. I see a pattern here!

By this time tomorrow, 10% of us will be living the dream while the other 90% will inevitably be sad and depressed. I've really enjoyed being involved this year again. I feel like all the extra info Gary has given us has really helped with the process. Hopefully he will continue to include the applicants from this point on, because it was great! I know that if I don't make it tomorrow I'll be just as sad as everyone else who didn't, but it's totally okay to be sad for awhile. We've put a lot into this emotionally. I'm sure all of you poured your heart and soul into your submissions as I did. It's never easy to get the 'No' email, but remember that there's always next year!!! I'm preparing myself for the worst, so that it will soften the blow (I hope), or be a great surprise if it just happens to be a yes. Either way, I KNOW that I will keep planning, keep dreaming and keep applying!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter