Amazing Race

I pray weekly for the elimination of the Holderness couple. She’s okay, but the husband is like one of those little girls on a dance team who make those exaggerated facial expressions. He hams it up way too much.

Oh gosh, I’m rooting for them. I LOVE when a couple is kind to one another. He is so kind and encouraging to Kim that I give his over acting a full pass. When he cried over her bravery at the bungee jump. :lovestrucSuch pride in your partner and so much my DH. That probably plays into my support.

I was happy to see Akbar go because he was so mean to Sheri. It was gratifying to see them eliminated due to his failure. I felt sorry for Sheri and also sad for her that she’s married to such an unsupportive partner. I can’t imagine it.

According to what I’ve read, the heroes didn’t return because one had recently gotten his dream job and couldn’t take the time. https://screenrant.com/amazing-race-why-anthony-spencer-didnt-return-reasons/amp/

Last edited:
I love this show, watch past seasons just to get my "fix", however this season is so boring. I realize they had to make a lot of changes but man, is it boring. I used to get tired of all the arguing about cab rides or missed flights but now I miss it! Funny how Akbar was always berating Sherri about how slow she was or when she had trouble with a task but look who had trouble with the one thing he had to do on his own. I really wanted to like that team but not after listening to him talk to her like that.

I actually think they have been doing a really good job of keeping things relatively normal. I do wish the gaps to start each leg matched the time each time checked in the leg prior, not just 15 minute gaps but I understand the need to keep production staff close together

I’m glad that Akbar was the one doing the challenge that sent them home, so that he couldn’t blame Sherri for it. When I saw their intro, I thought they were going to be such a positive team, but he has been so negative.

I’m not a huge fan of the Holderness family, but they have been running a very positive race. I am rooting for them now.

I agree, it was nice for Akbar and Sherri to be eliminated because of his failure on the leg. I had a feeling too the guys would be able to climb out of their hole with another task ahead of them. I had to laugh when they took off their vests and the girls were like they want to show their muscles and were mimicking them taking their vests off, too funny.

Corsica was pretty. I am watching mostly for the destinations now. Would like to see one of the all-female teams win, probably won't happen. I am not rooting strongly for any of them.

I knew not to get too excited that the obnoxious guys were last after the first challenge had a feeling they would somehow finish the next one quickly and not get eliminated. I want them to go so bad they have such swelled heads so of course they will probably win the whole thing.
I’m the opposite. Lots of respect for Ryan and what he endured. I hope him and Dustin win.
ETA- anyone watch the new Netflix documentary on Ryan yet?
I might watch it this weekend. Saw the dateline and 48 hour specials years ago,

Last edited:

’m the opposite. Lots of respect for Ryan and what he endured. I hope him and Dustin win.
ETA- anyone watch the new Netflix documentary on Ryan yet?
I might watch it this weekend. Saw the dateline and 48 hour specials years ago,
What is the show called?

Just watched Dream/Killer and wow! I now want Ryan to win for his dad. His dad deserves to feel that parental pride and see his son get to do something really cool after enduring that terrible time.

I know! I think I’m crushing on Ryan’s dad!

Right!! To be clearer in my post, I want Ryan to win because after what he went through he deserves the joy, money, and whatever good things a win brings. After watching, I fell down a rabbit hole of articles and ugh! So much empathy for the PTSD and anxiety he’s had.

My initial reaction of wanting it for his dad was because, as a parent, I know that nothing makes a parent happier than seeing our kid’s successes. I know that his dad would burst with pride and feel some sense that some of Ryan’s lost experiences had been redeemed.

I never watched this before but follow the Holderness Family on Facebook. So, they are my favorite.

I want them to go so bad they have such swelled heads so of course they will probably win the whole thing.
Ryan and Dusty did get on my nerves this week.

That's for the info on Dream/Killer. Will have to watch.

Each Thursday, the Holderness Family do a recap and often have on others from the cast. It is interesting and answers some questions about challenges and behind scene things.

I watched the documentary too, I'm just confused why the eye witness didn't tell anyone it wasn't him. She said Crane intimidated her, but on the stand, eventhough she wasn't asked that direct question if Ryan was the man she saw, why not just blurt it out anyway. After he's convicted, how do you not scream from the rooftops he didn't do it. The whole thing was crazy. Obvious Erickson was spoon fed, no one asking the eye witness if Ryan was the man she saw, which I still cannot get over, that is just inexcusable, to his attorney just collecting a paycheck and not doing any leg work to help his client.

I was gagging watching them eat the maggot cheese! I could never have done that....I would have been throwing up!

I was gagging watching them eat the maggot cheese! I could never have done that....I would have been throwing up!
It wasn't so much that they had to eat it... it was the quantity that was spread on the bread. That was more cheese than I would ever eat on one cracker or piece of bread.

I'm game to try anything... once.

That was awful, I can't imagine eating maggots and then the guy tells LuLu and LaLa the worms will jump in their stomach lol, omg, I would have definitely tossed my cookies with that comment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter