Americans and Canadians culture Q&A Thread.

The City doesn’t as a whole. The Oratory does, the Basilica, Mary Queen of the World Cathedral, etc. everything is open tomorrow but Sunday major stores are closed, grocery stores are closed, pharmacies are open, and small deps (corner stores). Nice 😊
I actually took tomorrow off, and am off to Magog for the long weekend with friends. My sister has Covid 🙄, so naturally she’s sicker and worse than anyone else.. ever 🙄🙄
I hope your sister gets well. I’ll pray for her. Have a safe holiday. 🤗

There are a few notable things with Clinton that I remember growing up (his scandal, his trade opening with China, etc) but one thing I always seem to think about Clinton was him playing his saxophone, he was for the most part one of our most chill presidents.

IDK how it is in Canada in terms of aging while serving but in the U.S. it's a good thing we have term limits on presidents. When is the last time y'all looked at how quickly the presidents age while in office? Poor Obama I feel aged so fast.

It has been something that has been talked about in recent years having an upper age limit, I think we're still maybe a generation or two from that happening though. The last election did really bring that to the forefront though given Choice A and Choice B were both of advanced enough age.

The aging doesn’t seem to be that bad, Trudeau was 43, so he’s only 51 now, he is in tip top shape, and looks younger IMHO.

Trudeau Sr. Was about 60 when he took his second go at it in 1980, had 2 terms, looked and seemed pretty spry.

Before that the only PM in his 70’s when he started was in 1896.

I do get and agree though, with what you are saying. I did find Obama aged a lot.

The City doesn’t as a whole. The Oratory does, the Basilica, Mary Queen of the World Cathedral, etc. everything is open tomorrow but Sunday major stores are closed, grocery stores are closed, pharmacies are open, and small deps (corner stores). Nice 😊
I actually took tomorrow off, and am off to Magog for the long weekend with friends. My sister has Covid 🙄, so naturally she’s sicker and worse than anyone else.. ever 🙄🙄
Here in Ontario today is the holiday and everything is closed . Looked it up and Quebec is the only one not to have it today but it said you get Easter Monday?

The Church events started last night with Holy Thursday.

Good Friday is a holiday here in Alberta. Christian churches of all denominations will be hosting public "Way of the Cross" walks; a solemn and beautiful procession that usually takes place in reflective silence even though there can be hundreds and hundreds of participants. Many, if not most, churches will hold solemn services tonight and joyful sunrise services on Resurrection Sunday. Catholic/Anglican/Orthodox mass tonight will include the Stations of the Cross and they also have services on Saturday.
:lovestruc He is risen indeed!!

Here in Ontario today is the holiday and everything is closed . Looked it up and Quebec is the only one not to have it today but it said you get Easter Monday?

The Church events started last night with Holy Thursday.

It’s a different holiday, some have today, some have Monday. Banks are closed today, open Monday. Stores closed Sunday
I work in a 24/7 operation, so if we are scheduled, we work it. Good pay, but I book most holidays off.

It’s a different holiday, some have today, some have Monday. Banks are closed today, open Monday. Stores closed Sunday
I work in a 24/7 operation, so if we are scheduled, we work it. Good pay, but I book most holidays off.
Our government offices are closed on Easter Monday, no mail that day either.

After today‘s closures everything will be open after that.

My husband worked in a 24/7 operation job too, he retired 2 years ago. Made it hard to do family celebrations but the money was too good your right.

Canadians, your turn to ask a question.

Just thought you guys wanted a turn.:confused3:scratchin
Okay, here is one that I don't think has been asked, but I'm not going to actually read through 105 pages to see if it has already been discussed...

How much of your country have you actually experienced? When I was living in California, I got talking to another mom at the park and she said that she had never, in her whole life, been outside of California; not for a funeral, not for a vacation, nothing at all. I don't even know if she had ventured outside of the bay area.

For myself, I have been as far west as the Kootenays, as far north as Flin Flon, and as far east as Ottawa. I have driven through a tiny piece of Quebec, but we didn't stop there, so I don't count it. Visiting the eastern provinces is definitely on my bucket list.

In the US, I have never experienced places like Texas or DC or NYC or areas like the Grand Canyon, Death Valley, or the Mississippi.

Okay, here is one that I don't think has been asked, but I'm not going to actually read through 105 pages to see if it has already been discussed...

How much of your country have you actually experienced? When I was living in California, I got talking to another mom at the park and she said that she had never, in her whole life, been outside of California; not for a funeral, not for a vacation, nothing at all. I don't even know if she had ventured outside of the bay area.

For myself, I have been as far west as the Kootenays, as far north as Flin Flon, and as far east as Ottawa. I have driven through a tiny piece of Quebec, but we didn't stop there, so I don't count it. Visiting the eastern provinces is definitely on my bucket list.

In the US, I have never experienced places like Texas or DC or NYC or areas like the Grand Canyon, Death Valley, or the Mississippi.
Coast to Coast - border to border (including Hawaii but not Alaska) - but in Canada only across the border in Michigan and Niagara Falls, and Toronto a few times.

States I’ve been to: Florida, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Vermont, NY, NJ, and CT. I wanted to go visit the Carolinas but the pandemic happened. Most Americans probably visit 3 states consistently (usually neighboring states). Richer people more so vs poorer people usually. It really comes down to having the means.

This is one thing I’ve noticed to. With only the dis as a sample size, it amazes me how so many Americans are quite happy never to leave the country.

This is one thing I’ve noticed to. With only the dis as a sample size, it amazes me how so many Americans are quite happy never to leave the country.
Several reasons without getting political. 1. The American passport isn’t welcomed as much as a Canadian passport in many places of the world (no explanation needed). 2. We have much more available to vacation within each of our residential states without a need to travel outside of it. 3. We work more hours per year without long vacations than many of our allied countries. 4. As I mentioned before, it is partly a money thing. We pay for a lot more in taxes than many of our counterparts and in turn have to pay for things out of pocket that many in those counterpart countries get automatically. 5. We kind of live within our communities and unless a reason to travel arises (Olympics/World Cup, we rarely do so. Our train systems need to be upgraded in order for travel to become cheaper instead of rising airfare. And number 6. Some choose not to travel to some places purely for political/cultural reasons.

I hope this helps.:-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter