Ample Hills Files For Bankruptcy

I was bummed to hear this as we just discovered them on our last trip in June. It sounds like it's more a restricting now, vs a closure of locations ( except LA ).

This is heartbreaking as a native Brooklynite who’s been patronizing them locally since they had their original store here (my sister’s old apartment was right around the corner). I loved seeing locals done good and Disney folks discover them. When they opened that location on the Boardwalk I was so proud...this is truly a family business.

I have a couple pints in my freezer right now, and whenever it’s safe to reopen and be about town, I’ll be sure to support their stores here at home. I really hope they’re okay.

OH NO - I sure hope they can work it out and stay afloat. Love their ice cream - best around. And I don't think they're overpriced - just "Disney" priced. And based on the lines at the Boardwalk location during warmer weather, I can see how popular they are!

Their ice cream is amazing!!! In terms of Disney prices, they are one of the better deals with free toppings. The quality is amazing! I hope they can pull through!

No need to eat anything but Bluebell.

Bluebell is air, sugar, water, and a little milk. Even HEB's Creamy Creations is a better quality ice cream than Bluebell. Bluebell's butter fat percentage is incredibly low. I would rather eat sherbet or sorbet, which are supposed to eat least have very little to no dairy. And yes, I am an ice cream expert :rotfl2: Worked several summers during high school in an ice cream store where I had to make the ice cream. We have been making it at home for years, and my husband even won 3rd place in a contest.

Bluebell is air, sugar, water, and a little milk. Even HEB's Creamy Creations is a better quality ice cream than Bluebell. Bluebell's butter fat percentage is incredibly low. I would rather eat sherbet or sorbet, which are supposed to eat least have very little to no dairy. And yes, I am an ice cream expert :rotfl2: Worked several summers during high school in an ice cream store where I had to make the ice cream. We have been making it at home for years, and my husband even won 3rd place in a contest.

Not even sugar- high fructose corn syrup. :)
We used to live in Texas during the winters, and everyone raved about Blue Bell. So we got some. It was like Kemps ice cream. Just not very good. Not terrible, just not more than “meh”. I never got the huge following that Texans have for this brand.

I have decided that gelato in Florence is my favorite indulgence, after spending a month in Tuscany last May. I’d love to find that in the US!

Not even sugar- high fructose corn syrup. :)
We used to live in Texas during the winters, and everyone raved about Blue Bell. So we got some. It was like Kemps ice cream. Just not very good. Not terrible, just not more than “meh”. I never got the huge following that Texans have for this brand.

I have decided that gelato in Florence is my favorite indulgence, after spending a month in Tuscany last May. I’d love to find that in the US!

The gelato and semi-freddo in Florence are amazing! We have a really good gelato place in Austin called Teo. The owners lived in Italy, particularly Florence, to learn how to make gelato. If you are ever in Texas or Oklahoma and looking for some good, regular ice cream try Braum’s.

While WDW needs a better ice cream option than Edy’s, I never found Ample Hills to be that great. Every time we’ve gone there the ice cream has been really soft, as if the freezer cases weren’t turned up cold enough. We were disappointed.

While WDW needs a better ice cream option than Edy’s, I never found Ample Hills to be that great. Every time we’ve gone there the ice cream has been really soft, as if the freezer cases weren’t turned up cold enough. We were disappointed.
We've been to Ample Hills several times and never found the ice cream to be soft. We were there mid evening when it wan't super crowded, maybe that makes a difference?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter