Amy's Journal: Comments Welcome!

Amy&Dan

DIS Veteran
Okay, so I am a 40 year old mom who loves Disney and needs to lose at least 80 probably more in the neighborhood of 100 pounds. How depressing! I joined WW on Tuesday for like the 20th time at least. Up another 10 pounds since the last time I joined in the spring. Really, really frightened I might die of a heart attack before I'm 50 if I keep this up.

Since I joined WW earlier in the week and this is my first WISH journal entry I will give a brief recap of my first week on WW thus far. I have done pretty well. I actually went to the gym I have been paying $43 a month to NOT workout in once. Also, last night we watched home videos. I was about to blow it (did this Fri night too) and caught site of me waddling on a beach last January when I weighed probably 20 pounds less than I do now. Literally made me cry. Suddenly I jumped up and told everybody we were going for a walk. Took the kids, my dh and my 12 year old beagle for a 2 mile walk. My dog hasn't slept that well in years, thought I had killed him. The kids had so much fun they want to go again this afternoon. I also just sent my dh to the store to buy healthy sandwich and salad fixings for lunch. We always eat fast food on Sunday's, sometimes both meals if you can believe that.

From now on I will post shorter, daily notes on my progress. Just thought I'd write down my thoughts on the week thus far. I am pretty excited but have also failed so many times it almost hurts to hope!

Welcome to WISH, Amy!

I'm right there with you, only I'm 45. I've started & restarted WW at least 5 times since I first joined in 2003. Each time I'm down a little from where I originally started, but have gained. Never have made goal.

Good Luck on your journey! I'm still about 20 lbs above the weight that made me cry for 3 days straight in 1990 because I was so fat. I haven't been close to that weight since. I'll get there, tho, eventually, and so will you!

Thank you Julie! I just ordered $300 in new clothes in a bigger size on Landsend as part of my new "get real" attitude. With two upcoming trips, one to DL, one to WDW there is no way I can fit into most of my clothes. Really hard to order things in sizes I never dreamed I would be. On the bright side it is Sunday and I have not eaten fast food! Most people go to church on Sunday I go to Wendy's. But not today!

Amy, WELCOME!!!!!!!!! I am 48, a WW lifetime member (original WW join date back in 1972 while in high school) and now a DIS Wish member. We are a very unique group and have many things in common. First of all, the love of Disney AND the ongoing struggle of weight issues. I have been a DIS Wisher for a short time, but have already bonded with several people. This journal is a place where you can come and bare your soul with others that simply understand.

I am so glad you came and again...WELCOME! Please post often.

:wave2:

Well yesterday went really well until about 6:00 last night. I let myself get too hungry and a bunch of chips and two Coors Light's later I had pretty much blown it. Still went for a walk last evening with the family so that was good. I did manage to drink 12 glasses of water total so that made me feel good. I just need to really concentrate on eating frequently as when I get hungry, watch out! I can also see that weekends are going to be very challenging to say the least. I threw the rest of the chips away so as long as I don't buy any more danger foods there's nothing in my house right now that is too unhealthy. Started today off with a Slim Fast shake and a 24 oz bottle of water. Am planning on some vegetable soup for a snack and I am meeting my husband at a mall near where he works so we can buy my daughter's birthday presents. I told him no matter what I am craving we have to have Edo (11 pts for the whole meal) and I can only eat half the rice which would put me at closer to an 8 point lunch. Lets see what the day holds! I weigh in tomorrow.

Amy, I usually eat throughout the day on 0, 1 or 2 pt. foods. It helps me from going carb crazy. Plus I drink close to 100 oz. water daily at the office. Oh and I can't stop with 1 beer either. Thats why I imbibe my low-sodium Bloody mary's (low sodium V-8). You are doing great!

I LOVE EDO!!! But on Dotties they list the teriyaki chicken as 9 pts. Is that what you're having? Or are you counting drink? Just curious as it is my fav mall food.

Your weekend wasn't bad. Think Flex Points!

Have a great Monday!

Welcome to WISH! And thanks for stopping by my journal! I am with you, weekends are TORTURE! It seems that I am always trying to undo weekend damage during the week...

You have a beagle? DB and I were talking about getting one, they are so cute! But we don't know if we want the commitment of a dog (we travel a lot). I read that they shed a lot and they bark and howl. Is this true? Sorry, I digress...

You will find tons of support here, it has helped me a lot and I hope it helps you too! The key is to not get discouraged! If you have a bad day, just get back on track the next day. You can do it!!!!!

Beagles don't shed too bad. Compared to our dalmation, my beagle hardly sheds at all! Maybe it depends on what part of the country you live in? I did do Edo, and I did do the chicken bowl so I guess that does only have 9 points. I also didn't eat all the rice, they give you so much. I felt really upbeat today and got right back on track. Dinner was a salad with grilled chicken and some lowfat dressing. Now I am off to take above beagle for a walk! I weigh in tomorrow. Thanks for all the support everybody! I'll let you all know how my weight in goes (keeping fingers crossed)!

Hi and Welcome to WISH! You will find that this is a great place for support.

You have started off great. Keep up the good work

Suddenly I jumped up and told everybody we were going for a walk. Took the kids, my dh and my 12 year old beagle for a 2 mile walk. My dog hasn't slept that well in years, thought I had killed him.

Hysterical Amy!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I too have joined and rejoined and rejoined again at WW. I would estimate @20 times in 5 years. I should get a charm or award or something. The problem has never been the program, it has been my staying on track.

I really feel that I have reached a turning point since finding WISH and these journals a month ago. I believe they can help you too. Everyone is really supportive and they have helped keep me motivated.

Here's a toast "To a big loss for you tomorrow!" :drinking1

Welcome to WISH, Amy!!!

You're doing fabulously so far-keep up the great work!!!!

And a cheer!

:cheer2: Day by day!
:cheer2: Pound by pound!
:cheer2: Amy's just doin' it!
:cheer2: No messin' around!

Thank you so much for all the support and good thoughts everybody, I really need them! So today I was supposed to weigh in, work out and organize my closet. Instead I got a call at 7:30 this morning that my 80 year old stepdad was in severe head pain, hadn't been able to sleep, had been to the doctor yesterday and wasn't doing too well. This all from my 70 year old mom who has cancer and is most likely in the early stages of Alzheimers. So I hustle over there, can't convince my stepdad to call the doctor again, he wants to wait for the blood results. He looked terrible. My mother is really upset and making even less sense than usual. She keeps telling me I need to take her shopping for a new pillow as this will surely help. I end up taking them to lunch at Village Inn as he thinks eggs sounds good. Well, I end up eating the following. I got on Dottie's site and between the info they have on Village Inn and Denny's I have estimated my points today as follows:
1 slim fast for breakfast, 3 points
Around 2/3 of a Denver omlette, I am guessing around 11 points for that.
Hash browns, 6 points
Toast, 9 points (had butter and jelly on it, I was upset what can I say).
Around 4 bites of a piece of coconut cream pie. I am thinking what, maybe 5 points for that? So my total for the day is: 33

I am having a slim fast for dinner so I will be at 36. That is 8 points over my highest possible point total. Today was supposed to be weigh in day, day one of my new week. I guess I will still count it as that and take 8 points off my flex points. I am still going to weigh in tomorrow. Have absolutely no idea what is the deal with my stepdad. What I really feel like doing is calling out for pizza!

So that is my day for today, not at all the day I had in mind. I just keep thinking about how good that buttery toast tasted while my mom blabbered about some dumb pillow that would surely help anybody with head pain and my stepdad kept telling her to lay off. Really nice lunch! And so not worth 30 points. Except for that toast. Tomorrow is another day right? Thanks again everybody!

crusin'minnie said:
Hysterical Amy!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I too have joined and rejoined and rejoined again at WW. I would estimate @20 times in 5 years. I should get a charm or award or something. The problem has never been the program, it has been my staying on track.

I really feel that I have reached a turning point since finding WISH and these journals a month ago. I believe they can help you too. Everyone is really supportive and they have helped keep me motivated.

Here's a toast "To a big loss for you tomorrow!" :drinking1

Good to know I am not the only person that who enjoys paying the registration fee at WW on a quarterly basis! I think I should get some kind of frequent failure coupon at the very least. I think the WISH board will help me too. I didn't eat all that pie because I knew I had to come clean with all of you WISHER's! The first bite was the best anyway.

Thank you for visiting my journal yesterday! I am a chronic WW starter and stopper, also! I have just started doing it on my own with the books and calculator. My WISH journal really helps! The support here is amazing. WELCOME!!! :flower:

Amy&Dan said:
Good to know I am not the only person that who enjoys paying the registration fee at WW on a quarterly basis! I think I should get some kind of frequent failure coupon at the very least. I think the WISH board will help me too. I didn't eat all that pie because I knew I had to come clean with all of you WISHER's! The first bite was the best anyway.

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I haven't done WW but your frequent failure comment had me rolling! Somehow I don't think they'd want to include that on their promotional material...

Sorry to hear about your parent troubles! I know how frustrating it can be. Hang in there and get back on track, you can do it!

Hi, Amy!
First of all, welcome to WISH! You and I have a lot in common. I just turned 42 and have started WW so many times I can't even count (I think around 4 or 5!). This time I am doing it on line and using e-tools to keep track of my food. The support I have found here, and the accountability of knowing my WISH friends will want to know how I am doing has been enough to keep me on track much of the time. I think you will really like it here. Even if you haven't done great at a meal or for a day or two, the support you will find here will help you get back on track.

I am sorry your stepfather wasn't feeling well. I am a stress and emotional eater too and I probably would have overeaten in those circumstances too, but learning to take control in stressful situations is such a valuable skill and one that will come to you in time.

Good luck! I am looking forward to getting to know you here and to celebrating your progress and success!

As usual, thanks to everybody who has been visiting my journal and offering such great support. I think it is helping! My stepdad is no better but no worse, they are still running all kinds of tests to try to find out what is the matter with him. Very stressful. I did weigh in today and even with some slip ups on the weekend and my stressy, greasy lunch yesterday, I was down 4.4 pounds. Very happy about that. And got a fresh start with a new week at WW which is also nice. Today I have been pretty good with a slimfast for breakfast (3), wrap for lunch (8) a cupcake (4). I have been buying my kids individually wrapped treats. They can have one a day. I am trying to teach them moderation and also trying to give them some small amounts of junk food so that it doesn't become forbidden fruit they end up bingeing on! I haven't eaten any of their stuff in the longest time but today I had one and really tried to eat it slowly and enjoy it. It was okay but not worth 4 points. At least I just had one. Also had a glass of skim milk and a one point bar so thats another 3 points. So far today that puts me at 18. I have 10 points left for the day. I am planning on having a lean cuisine for dinner that has 5 points and maybe a salad. I feel very good, have been drinking all my water (and then some). I didn't work out today so hopefully I can get a walk in later. Knowing that I have to log in and journal kind of makes me think twice about eating. Also reading other people's is really making me feel like I'm not alone!

Congrats on the weight loss! I also hate writing in my slip-ups for everyone to see, but everyone makes me feel better about it and helps me get back on track right away. Journalling really does wonders!

Off topic - does your cutie little beagle howl/bark a lot? :paw: My DB is afraid of that, plus the wandering tendencies they have... :dog2: We are still trying to decide if we want to get a dog. :rolleyes:

Keep up the good work and I hope your stepfather starts feeling better soon.

What a day! Spent the whole day at the ER with my parents. Looks like my stepdad has a massive sinus infection and some jaw/bite problems. They gave him some drugs and hopefully he will feel better soon. Very scary anytime somebody who is 80 and has a stroke starts having severe head pain. So I had a slimfast at 7:00 a.m. and did not eat again until 4:00 p.m. I didn't want to run down to the cafeteria to get anything because the doctor kept coming in and I wanted to be there. We went to a Blackeyed Pea for a late lunch/early dinner. I was about ready to eat the table I was so starved. I didn't do so great but I could have done worse. Given the way my week has gone I am thankful to just have everybody healthy and not to have given in to an all out binge. Tomorrow I am hoping to get a walk in and eat on a more normal schedule.

Amy: Beagles are wonderful! Our little guy has just been so much fun for us all of these years. He does not howl but does bark some, mostly at us! When we are getting his food ready he lets us know how excited he is by barking at us. When we walk him he will bark at other dogs but stops when I tell him "no". Beagles are pigs, so he'll eat anything. His favorite delicacy is chapstick! He is smart enough to have learned that women's purses are goldmines for chapstick, lipgloss and gum so he learned years ago how to unzip them and help himself! They are very loyal dogs and love to walk so that is good for exercising owners too! He has never wandered much. I grew up with beagles and only one we had loved to wander. Benjamin never has any interest in getting out thank goodness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter