An Alphabetical, (Flower and) Garden Variety TR- V is for: Vida la Tucson! TR COMPLETE! (3/14)

U is for: Up, Under, and Upside Down

Mom and Dad had an early flight, so took off and made it home safely. Marcia didn’t have any more park days on her ticket which left me to have one last MK Hurrah before our early evening flight to Tucson. Roll-E and I zoomed off and made it through the tapstiles sometime, but not too long after, park opening. I had one goal: Ride the People Mover on the day it opened back up. The line was already 30 minutes long, maybe more, but since I had at least 2-3 hours I hopped in it. Well, I didn’t hop; I gingerly hobbled my way there. While I did feel a lot better than when we’d arrived at WDW a week earlier, I was far from “better”.

It was so awesome being back on “the WEDWay” and I thoroughly enjoyed my ride. It’s so classically Walt and takes me back to the Good Old Disney Days.

Magic still happens:

With just enough time to take one last spin with the 999 Happy Haunts, I headed that way melancholy that my trip was basically over. I grinned with the ghosts and found a way out.

Afterwards, I consoled myself with one of the seasonal Kakamora Floats which, by the way, was AMAZING! The cake pop was predictably stale and flavorless, but the coconut soft-serve and pineapple juice was a perfectly delightful combo. With brain-freeze and a brave face and showed myself to the exit for the next leg of our trip.

Until next time, Monorail Yellow!

Back at the Coronado, I got off at the wrong bus stop and had to wind my way back to the right section. Which was fine because I got to see a section that I hadn't gotten to before. This was the section I wished we'd gotten:

Marcia and I wanted a cocktail before we left and found a gorgeous little courtyard just between the Barcelona Lounge and the Mercado. We were the only ones in there and it was nice to enjoy the green, shady area for a short time. It was extra short for me. :rolleyes2

I had gotten my Bloody Mary and was trying to get settled in and situated in our little oasis while juggling my hat, purse, and drink. Tragically, I wasn’t successful, and my entire drink landed square on my tennis shoe… upside down. Of course. Now, not only was I dirty, I reeked like a frat house in September. There was booze and tomato juice completely saturating Roll-E running down through every crevice.

Exasperated I made my way back into the bar to ask for some (ie. A LOT) of napkins and explained what happened. The hostess/bartender was super nice and said, “Oh dang! I’ll be right back!” She made me a new drink, smirked as she put a lid on it, and handed me about 4 inches of napkins. I’m sure the scooter company wondered what kind of sot had rented Roll-E when they picked him up that evening.

Suffice to say, we made it to our gate in plenty of time and landed in Tucson around 8:30 that night.

I’ll end this TR with one more update on the highlights of our 4 days in Tucson in the next chapter and call it quits. Hope your weekend is a wonderful one!

I really love how your renovations are turning the spaces into HOME! The tile is a beautiful choice, and definitely looks like the real deal instead of peel and stick!! And love the way you've changed the entire look of the bedroom wall like that. I just do not have an eye for this kind of thing, but you've made some incredible upgrades with some simple changes. Can't wait to see how the rest comes together!
It's getting there! :) I'm in the middle of painting the shower frame turning it from a shiny, ugly, gaudy gold into a hammered nickel look. I love it! Next, I will work on painting all the walls white. Bit by bit... :)

Hopefully yours actually had chocolate in it. I'm still bitter.

You could make your own.

No?

Shortest TR ever.

You do what you gotta do...:laughing:

That does sound like a really good treat! Julie would love that.
I think she would! It's the perfect pick-me-up with a jolt of caffeine AND a lot of sugar.

The trailer is looking really good! You've really classed up the place.

Bit by bit.... Next the walls get a coat of white.

:love:Just stunning! What a treat.

I adore the Grill. I wish they'd bring back Brunch. Not that I am going again anytime soon, but...

I hope you had a good time at the Rodeo, and that it wasn't too chilly.
Enjoy spring! We're still definitely in winter here...

I did!! I didn't stay for the whole event, but enough to get some fun photos. Hmmm, I'll post a couple here!

Definitely not too chilly! I had a long-sleeved shirt on and it was perfect!

I'm headed to Sedona on Friday, and I know AZ has been colder than usual. We discovered that unfortunately there's a Film Festival in Sedona this weekend. One of my friends was really hoping for a nice spa massage, and everything is all booked up. Luckily I was able to get a brunch reservation for Sunday. I'm hoping that we can find places to eat at dinner that aren't packed with film people!

How was Sedona?!!! Did you LOVE it?

How was brunch and was it as crowded as you'd feared?

And so nice to see the Water Pageant on your last night. I'm hoping that it works out we can see it one evening, but we don't have it in the plans right now.

I am not sure I"d go out of my way to see it, but it was charming and nice to run into when the circumstances line up. :)

It was so awesome being back on “the WEDWay” and I thoroughly enjoyed my ride. It’s so classically Walt and takes me back to the Good Old Disney Days.
We love the WEDway and hate when it isn't running. It is just a nice ride and a way to get a look at the Tron construction.
With just enough time to take one last spin with the 999 Happy Haunts
How did you get the picture of the floating staircases? I've never seen them like that.
This was the section I wished we'd gotten
We explored Coronado Springs during one of trips and we thought the Rancho section was the nicest. :)

U is for: Up, Under, and Upside Down
Understood.
I had one goal: Ride the People Mover on the day it opened back up.
Ahhhh... a very good choice. Not the best choice... but a very good one.
I hopped in it. Well, I didn’t hop; I gingerly hobbled my way there.
zombie walk.gif
While I did feel a lot better than when we’d arrived at WDW a week earlier, I was far from “better”.
Wait... I thought Disney made everything better???
IMG_8120%20%28Edited%29-L.jpg
Cool shadow art. I'm gonna guess... Roger Rabbit?
:thumbsup2
It must be done.
It was so awesome being back on “the WEDWay”
Thank you for referring to it by it's real name.
Getting there... I wonder how it looks now?
Magic still happens:

Awww...
With just enough time to take one last spin with the 999 Happy Haunts,
Not that is the best choice
Nice shot!
Funny... I don't remember those two. Huh. I may not have connected them but read them individually, which doesn't have the same impact, of course.
Nice shot. :)
coconut soft-serve
puke_zpsztsuuprc.gif

Back at the Coronado, I got off at the wrong bus stop and had to wind my way back to the right section. Which was fine because I got to see a section that I hadn't gotten to before.
You wouldn't have been so happy about that without Roll-E.
This was the section I wished we'd gotten:
I've seen a (very) few shots from that area before, but not many. Pretty.
It was extra short for me. :rolleyes2
:rolleyes1
I had gotten my Bloody Mary and was trying to get settled in and situated in our little oasis while juggling my hat, purse, and drink. Tragically, I wasn’t successful, and my entire drink landed square on my tennis shoe… upside down.
Oh, no!

And yet... :lmao:

Sorry!
There was booze and tomato juice completely saturating Roll-E running down through every crevice.
Yikes! Quick! Someone grab a straw, stat!
She made me a new drink, smirked as she put a lid on it,
:rotfl:
I’m sure the scooter company wondered what kind of sot had rented Roll-E when they picked him up that evening.
I'm guessing that's not the first time they've seen that.

Your RV is coming along nicely. I love the peel and stick tile, it looks really nice!
Do you stay in Tucson until May?
I’m glad you enjoyed your dinner, beautiful views at CG. I have heard less than stellar reviews now with the prixe fixed menu for the 50th Celebration
I love your pictures of the stairs in HM, very cool 😎
We got to ride the PM around that same time, must have missed you!
Bummer about your Bloody Mary spilling over, ugh! I’m glad she gave you another one with a lid. :lmao:

Love the proposal shot! Nice update as always! I was cracking up about getting the Roll-E good and smashed. Glad they did you a solid with a lid! :)

We love the WEDway and hate when it isn't running. It is just a nice ride and a way to get a look at the Tron construction.

Yes, a very nice breakaway from the crowds and running around for sure!
How did you get the picture of the floating staircases? I've never seen them like that.

I confess, I had forgotten to take my flash off, and while I felt kinda badly, as I don't like it when others do that, I was happy that this did turn out. I fixed my phone quickly so only got those. :/

We explored Coronado Springs during one of trips and we thought the Rancho section was the nicest.
I think it's the most themed of them all and when I stay at a Disney resort, I want heavily themed so I can live IN a story. I hate that Disney seems to be pulling away from that to a large degree.

Understood.

Well done.

Ahhhh... a very good choice. Not the best choice... but a very good one.

I'm getting to that! LOL!

Oh look, a true and accurate representation of me every Tuesday morning at 5:30AM.

Wait... I thought Disney made everything better???

Everything but ticket prices and surgery, although I will say my tude was maybe better than it might have been sitting in Oregon.

Cool shadow art. I'm gonna guess... Roger Rabbit?

Yes, that was exactly it.

Thank you for referring to it by it's real name.

I aim to please.

Getting there... I wonder how it looks now?

Good question!
Not that is the best choice

See!?!

Nice shot!

Thanks!

Although I'm a bit embarrassed by it. Flash was accidentally on. Sorry, Folks!

Funny... I don't remember those two. Huh. I may not have connected them but read them individually, which doesn't have the same impact, of course.

I think that was the first time I noticed them too. :)

You wouldn't have been so happy about that without Roll-E.

No, not even a little.

Which reminds me of a story I forgot to tell from a few days before this.

I needed to do some laundry and thought that the Cars Area pool wasn't that far away from our room. I also thought I was ready to wean off of the walker and so grabbed my small bag of laundry and headed that way.

My load proved to be NOT that light and the pool NOT that close. By the time I got there I was nearly in tears and was legit not sure if I could make it back to the room at all. I did though and you can be sure that I used that walker to go change the laundry over and to get it back to the room.

Oh, no!

And yet... :lmao:

I only write for the entertainment and edification of my readers, you know.
I'm guessing that's not the first time they've seen that.
I'm positive you are right.

Your RV is coming along nicely. I love the peel and stick tile, it looks really nice!

Thanks!! I LOVE how the walls are turning out painted white!
Do you stay in Tucson until May?

My contract ends the last week of April but I don't know my plans yet for when or how I'll get back to KY. I want to do some touring on the way though.
I’m glad you enjoyed your dinner, beautiful views at CG. I have heard less than stellar reviews now with the prixe fixed menu for the 50th Celebration

OH bummer!! That's really a shame. :( I wish they'd bring back the buffet though.

I love your pictures of the stairs in HM, very cool 😎

Thanks! Felt badly about the flash on though. I fixed it quickly, but it did make for a cool shot.

We got to ride the PM around that same time, must have missed you!

I think we'd crossed paths just as I was leaving! :)
Bummer about your Bloody Mary spilling over, ugh! I’m glad she gave you another one with a lid. :lmao:
You'd think I had the dexterity development of a 2 year old half the time.

Love the proposal shot! Nice update as always! I was cracking up about getting the Roll-E good and smashed. Glad they did you a solid with a lid! :)
I couldn't believe my $14 drink was a total waste, but the server did me right and fixed me up! Huzzah!

Oh look, a true and accurate representation of me every Tuesday morning at 5:30AM.
:laughing:
Everything but ticket prices and surgery
I stand corrected. Disney makes everything better except prices and surger.
although I will say my tude was maybe better than it might have been sitting in Oregon.
Then I amend my previous corrected stand. Disney makes everything better except prices.
Although I'm a bit embarrassed by it. Flash was accidentally on. Sorry, Folks!
Whoops!
I had guessed that maybe you'd been stopped there for a while.
I think that was the first time I noticed them too. :)
Maybe they're new?
I needed to do some laundry and thought that the Cars Area pool wasn't that far away from our room. I also thought I was ready to wean off of the walker and so grabbed my small bag of laundry and headed that way.
oh, no......
My load proved to be NOT that light and the pool NOT that close. By the time I got there I was nearly in tears and was legit not sure if I could make it back to the room at all
:scared:
I did though and you can be sure that I used that walker to go change the laundry over and to get it back to the room.
I'm shocked you didn't pay some kid to run it for you! (kidding... but only kinda)
I only write for the entertainment and edification of my readers, you know.
I know!

Marcia didn’t have any more park days on her ticket which left me to have one last MK Hurrah before our early evening flight to Tucson.

Glad you got one more chance!

While I did feel a lot better than when we’d arrived at WDW a week earlier, I was far from “better”.

:hug:

Magic still happens:

Aw, how sweet.

the coconut soft-serve and pineapple juice was a perfectly delightful combo.

You can have all of it.

This was the section I wished we'd gotten:

That's where we stayed the one night we were there.

I had gotten my Bloody Mary and was trying to get settled in and situated in our little oasis while juggling my hat, purse, and drink. Tragically, I wasn’t successful, and my entire drink landed square on my tennis shoe… upside down. Of course. Now, not only was I dirty, I reeked like a frat house in September. There was booze and tomato juice completely saturating Roll-E running down through every crevice.

Ugh. Why does this stuff happen to you?

She made me a new drink, smirked as she put a lid on it, and handed me about 4 inches of napkins.

See more magic!

I’m sure the scooter company wondered what kind of sot had rented Roll-E when they picked him up that evening.

:lmao:

I’ll end this TR with one more update on the highlights of our 4 days in Tucson in the next chapter and call it quits.

Cool, sounds interesting!

I stand corrected. Disney makes everything better except prices and surger.

Well....
Then I amend my previous corrected stand. Disney makes everything better except prices.

There ya go!

I had guessed that maybe you'd been stopped there for a while.

I've gotten some okay photos that way too. ::yes::

Maybe they're new?

I do have to wonder how often that happens. I think Disney adds stuff all the time and maybe we don't even notice except for a vague "awareness" that "something" is different.

I'm shocked you didn't pay some kid to run it for you! (kidding... but only kinda)

Hey, why didn't I think of that?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter