An Epic Girl's Trip With Some Joey on the Side...Updated 4/29-COMPLETE

Joining in! I think I saw you comment on one of my past TRs and I see you around so I thought why not? Also, the conglomeration of these Epic Girls Trip PTRs is just so fascinating to me, it looks like it will be such a blast.

Also, I'm actually going to be going down for my third DCP around the same time as your son. I'm doing the Fall Advantage program with the plan to transfer into the company full time after so might see one of y'all around in the near future.

Joining in! I think I saw you comment on one of my past TRs and I see you around so I thought why not? Also, the conglomeration of these Epic Girls Trip PTRs is just so fascinating to me, it looks like it will be such a blast.

Also, I'm actually going to be going down for my third DCP around the same time as your son. I'm doing the Fall Advantage program with the plan to transfer into the company full time after so might see one of y'all around in the near future.

OMG! I totally remember you!!! Didn't your mom and sister come down to visit you around Christmas (during your last program)???? It's so exciting to be going back! I hope you get a chance to meet my son, Tim.:D

OMG! I totally remember you!!! Didn't your mom and sister come down to visit you around Christmas (during your last program)???? It's so exciting to be going back! I hope you get a chance to meet my son, Tim.:D

OMG YES, my mom and sisters did visit me around Christmas on my first program! I also did a second program this past summer at Disneyland and loved it even more (currently writing about it on the Disneyland boards). I had hoped to go back there but financially WDW was a better choice. So excited to be going back either way! What role was Tim accepted for, out of curiosity?

OMG YES, my mom and sisters did visit me around Christmas on my first program! I also did a second program this past summer at Disneyland and loved it even more (currently writing about it on the Disneyland boards). I had hoped to go back there but financially WDW was a better choice. So excited to be going back either way! What role was Tim accepted for, out of curiosity?

Tim was accepted into Custodial during his Spring Advantage Program and LOVED it, which is a good thing because he's doing it again for the 12 week Summer program...And, he was in MK for the first program (not sure where he is going this time). Didn't you do custodial at MK too?????

Tim was accepted into Custodial during his Spring Advantage Program and LOVED it, which is a good thing because he's doing it again for the 12 week Summer program...And, he was in MK for the first program (not sure where he is going this time). Didn't you do custodial at MK too?????

Yes, I did! I was stationed in Tomorrowland but I also worked in Fantasyland quite a bit. It was truly a dream come true for me working there. Originally I was accepted as lifeguard but, long story short, transferred out of that. I also was put in the role again at Disney's California Adventure last summer so it seems like Tim and I are having a similar history with the company lol I'm going to be in Merch this time around, which I'm super excited about (Custodial really wasn't for me in the end, though I did love it and it's such an underrated role, but I needed a change of scenery)

(Custodial really wasn't for me in the end, though I did love it and it's such an underrated role, but I needed a change of scenery)

I totally get it. He really loved the group of kids he worked with as well as his supervisors. I think they are trying to get him back in MK...

I wish they had the DCP when I was a kid!!!!

comic-book-cover-def-leppard-t-shirt.master.png

Classis Def Leppard tee from The 80's Store. There's a story here...I have been a HUGE Def Leppard fan since I was in junior high. I saw them in concert too many times to count (Yes, I even camped out for tickets a couple times when things like that were cool, waaaaaay before the internet). Anyway, I REALLY wanted this tee after seeing the Hysteria tour 3 or 4 times but never got around to grabbing it. That is, until this morning. Now, I can relive my head banging, 80's youth and proudly flaunt my Def Leppard tee for all the world to see.:rotfl:

PLEASE PLEASE tell me that we have already had this discussion...because I am also a HUGE DL fan! I've seen them a few times in concert, most recently last summer where I bought tickets on the DAY OF THE CONCERT and then drove to Baltimore to see it from some AWESOME seats that I got VERY cheap! I have two DL shirts...but not this one. So awesome!

We loved it in January! I really kinda want to do this in May also but after MK DAH Thursday and what I know will be a late FUN night with everyone Friday :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:dancer:I don't think we could handle HS DAH unless we bailed on the cruise. And since we've never done an Illuminations cruise I do really want to do that..... I'm hoping they have some after hours when I'm there in Oct because by 9/10 pm we'll be on our own time and can book it if we want. I'll just have to convince my work wife lol.

I love those dresses from Old Navy but that style always makes me look pregnant! Plus I may or may not have ordered more than a few things from Her Universe and the Disney Store this weekend :rolleyes1

Oh my gosh you are going to love the Illuminations cruise. I've scheduled them twice...didn't get to go on the second one because of a sick kid but the rest of the family went. They are so fun!

Oh my gosh you are going to love the Illuminations cruise. I've scheduled them twice...didn't get to go on the second one because of a sick kid but the rest of the family went. They are so fun!

I've done the Wishes cruise twice, so I'm really interested in seeing how similar/different the Illuminations one is. We loved the Wishes cruise!

A Little Update...

We are upgrading to AP's when we arrive in May!!!!! We did the math, talked to a few CM's and @ariane37 (who was a lot more helpful):love:and decided with all the trips we have planned this year that we would actually save money by upgrading to AP's. So, pray the whole process goes quickly and smoothly...

As for our August trip, I have canceled Boma for breakfast on August 10th and instead booked Chef Mickey's which was originally scheduled for the 8th so Julie and Gia could join us. I figured my sister should have to share in my misery...:P

I am also planning on booking the Villians DAH event on August 8th for me and the boys. And, since I am planning on that, I booked The Plaza for dinner at 715 before the event "officially" starts...

I hope I'm not forgetting anything...

We are upgrading to AP's when we arrive in May!!!!! We did the math, talked to a few CM's and @ariane37 (who was a lot more helpful):love:and decided with all the trips we have planned this year that we would actually save money by upgrading to AP's. So, pray the whole process goes quickly and smoothly...
With all the ticket price increases, I don't think it hard right now to make the math work. The one thing that we REALLY enjoyed with having annual passes that I wasn't expecting or can you really put a price on, was the AP holder only entrances into the park. They saved us some time, especially one ond of the mornings!

I hope I'm not forgetting anything.
I almost always forget to meantion something in each of my posts!

With all the ticket price increases, I don't think it hard right now to make the math work. The one thing that we REALLY enjoyed with having annual passes that I wasn't expecting or can you really put a price on, was the AP holder only entrances into the park. They saved us some time, especially one ond of the mornings!

Yep, I totally thought of that!!!!

Yay for APs! I think you'll wonder why you didn't do it before once you upgrade! I am honestly kicking myself that I didn't get it over the last few years!

Another Update...Unrelated to Disney!!!

My sister called me earlier this week and told me I would be receiving something in the mail...The catch was I couldn't open it when it came because Joe had to do something first...It turns out the gift was a puzzle and Joe had to arrange all the pieces on our kitchen island so I could put it together because it contained a "secret" message...

A1C76E6F-BD06-4133-AF22-927A7647BF76.jpeg

As you all can see, I'm being taken away on a trip for my 50th Birthday, which is July 25th. A limo is picking me and my mom up and taking us to the airport (my mom knows all the deets). I have zero idea where we are going, but I do know that my sister will be there too...
I will be receiving a second clue next week. So, I hope you will follow along to see where I am going and what I will be doing there...

Oh, by the way...For those of you new to my TR's, the man in the picture is Andy Reed, coach of the KC Chiefs. I met him last March in Orlando. I'm a HUGE Chiefs fan and meeting him was very unexpected and special.

Last edited:
That is SUCH a fun surprise!!!! :) I can't wait to hear where you're going!

I didn't know you were a Chiefs fan, but how awesome you got to meet the coach. Our family are Bears fans, but believe me we were rooting HARD for your Chiefs at the end of the season!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter