Analysis Paralysis over Coronado v Caribbean v POR

Of the 3, I would rank them CSR, then CBR and then POR. You may also consider renting a DVC studio which will give you a little more room and Deluxe amenities. The cost of a DVC studio is pretty close to moderate resorts.

I have a first world problem and I could use some advice. I am planning a trip the last week of October. My wife and I will be traveling without kids. I am the WDW fan and she tolerates it. Rather than a commando march through parks everyday, I want to plan a more low key week to better accommodate my wife's preferences. I am thinking of only getting 3 days in the parks and having the other 3 days be resort/anything other than park days. For parks, our main focus would be Food and Wine, although we will get park hoppers to allow us to visit MK and AK. My wife isn't a big fan of HS so we probably won't go there.

I am no rookie to WDW but I don't go every year so I am sure I have much to learn. Right now I am considering CS, CB, and POR but it seems like a very close race between the three:

CS seems like there is more to do at the resort, and more dining options, for hang out at the pool/resort days. I have never stayed there.
CB has the Skyliner which would be handy for the Food and Wine days. I have only ever flown over the top of this resort.
POR is the only one of the three I have stayed at before. When we went with the kids hanging out at a quiet pool was nice. Having access to the boat to Disney Springs is nice to have on non-park days.

Is there something obvious that I am overlooking? Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.
Between these choices I would go with Coronado … with that being said have a look at Boardwalk/Beach/Yacht club, might be closer in price than you think, if you rent DVC points it will be cheaper… other option would be Swan/Dolphin, they run some great discounts for certain professions like teacher, nurse, LEO, Fire, etc Nothing like being able to walk to 2 parks

I guess I’m in the minority here but I say POR.

Love the expansiveness and theming of the resort. Grounds are stunning. Great food court. Access to two great bars in Scat Cat and Yeehah Bob. And the boat to Disney springs is ideal.

I like Caribbean beach too but prefer the look and feel of the POR better.

Wasn’t impressed during my one stay at CSR as it felt like a convention hotel and not a Disney resort.

Last edited:

Love the expansiveness and theming of the resort. Grounds are stunningly. Great food court. Access to two great bars in Scat Cat and Yeehah Bob. And the boat to Disney springs is ideal.

Wasn’t impressed during my one stay at CSR as it felt like a convention hotel and not a Disney resort.
Yeah we like POR (love POFQ) but for us traveling as a couple given the 3 choices Coronado has more bars and restaurants and a great pool. Stayed at CBR years ago and never went back

Love the expansiveness and theming of the resort. Grounds are stunningly. Great food court. Access to two great bars in Scat Cat and Yeehah Bob. And the boat to Disney springs is ideal.

“Expansiveness” is a nice way to say it. I think of it as “huge with twisty, turny paths”. I’m not a fan. It look me forever to get from my room to the food court and main pool. I would consider another stay there in the mansions but I’ll probably just stick with DVC resorts.

BTW, we do love to visit to see Bob!

Thanks everyone for the input. Writing my replies helped me realize that I keep coming back to CSR so that is where I am going to book. Going to go standard room, request Casitas 4 or 5 and hope for the best.

Of course depending on if any discounts come out for my travel period, maybe I will revisit my decision. Thanks again.
I've stayed at all 3 and CSR and CBR in the last few months (my son is working as a CM currently so I go to visit). CSR is the right choice. I haven't stayed in the tower but I'd like to try it - the regular rooms are nice. Food options are fantastic and the amenities at this hotel really make it feel like a deluxe. If your wife likes spas, I suggest the GF spa as a surprise - I love that place. And you can go to the Beauty and the Beast themed gorgeous bar there and get a drink - hop another monorail and have a dinner somewhere else.

I ended up disliking CBR. Thought it would be awesome to have the skyliner and the Riveria there but good golly that resort is SO spread out. Walking from the skyliner to the room and back was a hard nope. I use an ECV (my family had to do the walking) but we all agreed we wouldn't go back. Our room was near the main building and the rooms felt really run down and old compared to CSR or even the value resorts.

Coronado, hands down. Just got back from a trip, adults only, with my not-Disney-loving husband. He says he'd stay there again in a heartbeat.
I agree!! I spent my last WDW vaca 9/23 at Coronado and really enjoyed the entire atmosphere. You have many dining options, beautiful grounds , a rooftop bar and a very nice pool area!

What about POFQ? If I was going to stay at a moderate without my kids I would do POFQ over POR, personally. It is smaller, I like the theming better, and you can still go walk around POR if you want. Sounds like you are settled on CSR though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter