And here's your first ticket price increase . . .

As I've always said...Price increases are a non issue.. There is ALWAYS ways folks can offset an increase. Many many ways and not affecting their trip at all. I choose to work overtime to always cover any price increase. Nothing will keep us from going to WDW/ DLR Sure maybe i can goto Italy cheaper..dont really care. I want to goto Disney..so we do. no complaints. On a side note. Spent many months in Europe and England ( the English hate being call European) in the USAF loved it. But we'd rather goto Disney.
I just don't understand the issues with price increases...Thats life. We either pay it or do something else. No one will feel sorry for us.
I'll pay it. If someone can no longer afford it or doesn't want to pay more...someone else will.
Disney cost what it cost..
If i want cheap....I'll send the kids to the local fair.
For my family of 4 at value resorts and going in early May - We can easily do it on 5000 and that's flight/spending money included. We just don't do much sit down meals...or waste money. Not many major vacation destinations can compete with WDW prices. sure, i can goto say...Myrtle Beach for less...but why. The same 7 day trip to DLR is also around 4-5k We do stay off property in Cali though. DLR only has deluxe resorts on property.
If anyone has never been to Disneyland....Well, It the best Disney park..for sure. Do yourself a favor...go.

Last edited:
The sad thing about Disney prices these days, is that it is now cheaper for my family of 4 to go to Hawaii for a week from the Midwest.
Its not sad, It just means Disney is more popular than Hawaii.
We do goto DLR more often lately...simply due to west coast beaches being the best.
Couple that with 5 days at DLR great vacation. Planning on WDW in 2020. Star Wars fully up and done for a bit.

Last edited:
We have a trip coming up in July. That’s probably going to be it for us with how costly it is to do disney, at least for a few years. That makes me sad. :guilty:
But it is what it is. I know others will take our place, and that does not make me feel better, but worse. And jealous of those who can afford to go so often. I’m glad for them, sad for us.

We have a trip coming up in July. That’s probably going to be it for us with how costly it is to do disney, at least for a few years. That makes me sad. :guilty:
But it is what it is. I know others will take our place, and that does not make me feel better, but worse. And jealous of those who can afford to go so often. I’m glad for them, sad for us.

:sad1:

I'm sad for you too. I guess this is when being a FL resident is a real advantage. Still, even with that, my family doesn't visit very often. Since our son has been alive, we've been to Disney every 4 years...2011, 2015, and our next trip this year 2019 in June. I have seen an increase in the special tickets I buy. In 2011 those tickets I believe were $109 for 3 days. Those same tickets are now $175 for three days. I suppose though, if you look at that over 8 years, a $66 increase really isn't that bad in comparison to what non residents have seen. :rolleyes1 I hate to read so many DISers saying they are probably done with Disney altogether or for the next few years or so. Hopefully, Disney will get to a place where they realize they have to hold it steady to keep the guests coming and happy. :D I know businesses have to do what they have to do, but I think because Disney is one of THE most popular vacation destinations in not just the US but the world, they can continue to raise prices and have extra ticketed events knowing that people ARE going to still come. :rolleyes:

Just want to make sure things haven't changed - 3rd party tickets like from UT can be upgraded to an annual pass if not used up etc? Also, I read on Mousesavers that once you get the ticket linked in mydisneyexperience that you can even upgrade online or over the phone before you get to WDW (they said this was new). Anyone do this? I do want an annual pass but am trying to save a bit by bridging if still possible.

From mousesavers "
  • Most upgrades of current tickets can now be done online, using the Disney World app or over the phone. This is new; for a long time you had to upgrade in person. But now once you’ve linked your ticket to MyDisneyExperience, you should be able to change it yourself, whether you’ve purchased it directly from Disney or from a third-party retailer like Undercover Tourist. Odd situations (upgrading older tickets, upgrading to specialty annual passes, etc.) still need to be done by a Cast Member, but they may be able to do it on the phone. Try to do your upgrade in MyDisneyExperience first, and if you can’t get it to work, call Disney World ticketing directly at (407) 566-4985, during normal daytime hours in Florida. Don’t just call the main Disney number – you’re likely to get a Cast Member that only knows how to do the most basic upgrades.
has anyone been able to do this on the MDE? I do have 7 day hoppers linked on MDE purchased from UCT that I want to upgrade to AP's and I can't figure out how.. I see the tickets...

has anyone been able to do this on the MDE? I do have 7 day hoppers linked on MDE purchased from UCT that I want to upgrade to AP's and I can't figure out how.. I see the tickets...
Same here...... and this is new to me.... and I"m very interested in the answer! I have hoppers that I got last year, (before they became the ones that expire) but definitely plan to upgrade to AP. But I'd rather not have to wait to upgrade so that I can purchase event tickets at the AP rates. Anyone do this online yet??

I believe the option to upgrade to AP will appear once you are onsite, not pre-arrival.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter