And I am here for the Food...A Disney SOMETIME (AUG '20 mini trip) Report (9/10 update)

I KNEW you would chime in @CruellaNY as I know you love Il Mulino. I figure I'll save this for our big trip when we can all go and eat at the signature restaurants we had planned back in March.
LOL. Just be sure you get there at some point!
Interesting that you enjoyed Pecos Bill. That's one we haven't eaten in a lot. With lines being what they are we may just head to a resort on the monorail line and eat at a quick service there and then come back.
We hadn't eaten there in years but you know, nachos 🌮 (closest emoji option lol) I will say that with mobile ordering the line wasn't long at all! On our way there we passed Pinocchio's and the line was ridiculous so we were happy to see like 3 people in line at Pecos. I would have loved to go over to Capt. Cooks for the pulled pork nachos but sadly they didn't get put back on the menu until like 2 days later. They are on the list for next month!

As for posting about your trip; you have to do what you're comfortable with obviously. In my....line of work :) if I seem afraid to travel it isn't good. Unless I was...........so I posted when we were there on business and personal pages. I thought about what I posted on my personal page more than I normally would but still posted and got nothing negative but I've seen horribly negative and judgmental stuff out there. I will post again when we go in Sept! My mom stayed away for 14 days after we returned even though we both took tests and were negative but that what she was comfortable with being 73. My 2 best friends didn't care and we were out together 3 days after I returned; we returned on a Wed and on Sunday granddaughter and her parents were here as usual. I posted pics of my granddaughter being here too so people would have been able to put together 1. in Florida 4 days ago 2. 2 year old DGD today. Again nothing negative at least on FB but the thoughts may have been there lol.

Yay and hello! I agree that we'll feel totally safe within the Disney bubble...it's the getting there and back where we feel we are most at risk.

I find it very sad that Disney is probably the safest place in the USA right now lol!! Disney can make people do whatever they want to go to their parks. It shows that people can comply if it's important to them. It's really sad for the rest of the country!! I wish you safest possible travels!!

It's pretty sad that I feel the need to NOT mention this to anybody. I swear it's like I'm heading into the land of the plague!

Totally understand this. I got flamed on social media for even saying I "wished" I was at Disney!!

Some people have too much to say for themselves! Unless you’re asking them to pay for your trip I wouldn’t give them a second thought! I love how much pleasure your trip brought you :goodvibes

@kittylady1972 I’m so excited for you and think you’ll have a brilliant time just strolling through your happy place. Enjoy ( and share all the details with us sss of course🤣).

Thank you so much. I agree that it's a bit hypocritical of me to worry about what other people think/say especially when I just told my husband "who cares what other people think about XXX...all that matters is if it makes you happy". Crazy. Of course you'll get all the details for sure!

LOL. Just be sure you get there at some point!

We hadn't eaten there in years but you know, nachos 🌮 (closest emoji option lol) I will say that with mobile ordering the line wasn't long at all! On our way there we passed Pinocchio's and the line was ridiculous so we were happy to see like 3 people in line at Pecos. I would have loved to go over to Capt. Cooks for the pulled pork nachos but sadly they didn't get put back on the menu until like 2 days later. They are on the list for next month!

As for posting about your trip; you have to do what you're comfortable with obviously. In my....line of work :) if I seem afraid to travel it isn't good. Unless I was...........so I posted when we were there on business and personal pages. I thought about what I posted on my personal page more than I normally would but still posted and got nothing negative but I've seen horribly negative and judgmental stuff out there. I will post again when we go in Sept! My mom stayed away for 14 days after we returned even though we both took tests and were negative but that what she was comfortable with being 73. My 2 best friends didn't care and we were out together 3 days after I returned; we returned on a Wed and on Sunday granddaughter and her parents were here as usual. I posted pics of my granddaughter being here too so people would have been able to put together 1. in Florida 4 days ago 2. 2 year old DGD today. Again nothing negative at least on FB but the thoughts may have been there lol.

Yes I know you and your nacho love. Oh my last experience at Pinocchio's was horrible...the flatbread (something I enjoy) was just so bad. I really should have taken it back. With regards to posting...totally makes sense for you. I'll give my 78yo FIL the same option and won't be hurt if he also chooses to distance from us initially. I'm not sure how friends or coworkers would react so that's why they may not find out until well after. There is so much negativity already on FB it is so disheartening at times. I have to stop myself from commenting many times on so many other topics.

I find it very sad that Disney is probably the safest place in the USA right now lol!! Disney can make people do whatever they want to go to their parks. It shows that people can comply if it's important to them. It's really sad for the rest of the country!! I wish you safest possible travels!!

Totally understand this. I got flamed on social media for even saying I "wished" I was at Disney!!

It is a bit sad...but on the other hand they are certainly setting the bar high for others. I'm really looking forward to this trip and not feeling the least bit unsafe about it. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not but it's true. I can't believe you got flamed just for "wishing" you were there...so rude.

Ok people...today is THE BIG DAY!

My daughter asked earlier if I was excited...I'm not there yet.

You may wonder if I'm packed...the answer is the same as above. :P

I'm somewhat kinda packed...and we leave in about 3.5 hours. Today I've managed to:

• Play tennis with my oldest son (mostly hit and chase balls)
  • Wash AND wax my car...a necessity because DH had to use some heavy duty cleaner last night on a part of it which appeared to have some kind of tar like substance which was likely put there over the weekend when we had to have my windshield replaced...yes on my NEW car...I was not happy and needless to say last night was also when I chose to take the survey the company sent me...if you are wondering if it went well for them...it did not
  • Clean and shock the dog's pool...yeah really the dog is the only one using it...and she hasn't in a while because I have been bad about keeping it up as we attempted to find the leak...and that hasn't happened
  • Took a NICE LONG soak in my tub which I NEVER use but my neck muscles have been so tight that I thought laying in the tub with the jets on it might be good...it was...AH
I'm in the process of making a t-shirt right now that I will wear to the park one day. I'll share it with you when I'm done. So I have to finish that and then pack it.

I know I've overpacked...as usual...but it is what it is and right now I need to finish up.

DH checked in for our flights last night...so we are all set.

I'll try to do some live updates later!

OMG...I just had this feeling the person I talked to last week about my park tickets wasn't too familiar with the system...and I was correct. Thankfully I just called the SOG front desk to learn the tickets I was supposed to have waiting for me...were not there. Then I spoke to somebody at the ticket office and I must have had that panic in my voice as I explained what happened last week but as I was talking...she found my ticket order...and offered to send me a scan of my tickets. THANK YOU! The person who I spoke to last week seemed unfamiliar with that process though I know others have mentioned they will do that. I just didn't have the patience to deal with it.

Bottom line...hopefully my email will have some scanned tickets very very soon...and the hard tickets will be waiting at the front desk for me after I arrive tonight. SO SO glad I called ahead and I feel so much better know about that at least.

Ok...really need to pack...and maybe have some lunch?

No worries...flight wasn't too late leaving and arrived on time. By 10pm we were at our room and had to have a snack..so off to Geyser Point for some adulting.

Now relaxing in our room and ready for our first day tomorrow. Now to study up on the RotR challenge...the one thing stressing me out about this whole trip.

We had a very successful day one. Weather was perfect, overcast and not too hot, no FLA showers. Enjoyed a great breakfast at GF Cafe and a lovely early dinner at Geyser Point. That charcuterie plate shown previously that we had last night made another appearance...and I've found that the duck pate that comes with it is pretty good.

Stressed out when we missed getting a RotR boarding group at 10am. Felt somewhat optimistic when we got backup boarding group 89 at 2pm. It meant cancelling Sanaa as we guesstimated the approximate time we would be able to ride and that call came at 6:40pm. DH was just in heaven as a SW fan.

All in all a great day. Felt safe, spoke to several CMs and though it is sad to see so many empty and closed places in the parks and having it seem so quiet we are still glad we are here.

EPCOT tomorrow and Food and Wine!

I'll leave you with a few pics some today including our amazing score on TSM today...how about that?

Geyser Point

So we were in no hurry to get out early today as EPCOTdoesn't open until 11am. We decided to have breakfast at WCC since it's here...and it was nice. We then had time to kill so we decided we would hop a boat over to MK then monorail to TTC to EPCOT. As it turns out...that plan would fail.

The boat ride was nice, then we stopped in the Contemporary to do some shopping/browsing...may have to go back. We love the shops there and with Mousegear so sad right now...it might be the best place to go other than World of Disney and really don't want to do Disney Springs.

We then saw the sign that the monorail to EPCOT was not operating and we'd have to take a bus. That didn't appeal to us so we just monorailed back to MK, boat back to WL, and then took the car to EPCOT arriving around 11am.

Test Track was down, so we managed to do Soarin, Land, and then Nemo before going into the very sad current Mousegear...and then time for some Food and Wine Festival stuff.

Honestly after a few stops of F&W, a few drinks, some good food...it was getting HOT...and also some storms were approaching. Our plan was to return to our resort for a few hours and do the pool....but instead it's been hanging in the room, relaxing, waiting out the rain...whicih looks like it will be done somewhat soon. We were lucky to have escaped Florida rain yesterday...and heat...and today we got both.

Oh and also we have changed up our plans for dessert tonight, cancelling Beaches and Cream in favor of something more interesting...just for dessert. Stay tuned to how that turns out.

This orange wine slushy drink was DELICIOUS!

We had to have the Filet and the cheese soup...it was a good portion and pretty good though I know it can vary. The soup seemed too...I don't know something a bit off...and the pretzel stick was not great. The pretzel at HS Baseline Taphouse and the cheese there is so much better...had that yesterday.

I will see the best thing today so far was the seafood shepherd's pie...inside the Festival House which I don't think I've ever been in before. That was a lovely place. The dessert this year...swtiching from the NItro chocolate to the nitro chocolate cake pops...disappointing. Very little cream delicious Nitro ice cream to enjoy.

We are going to head back out soon. Hoping to at least try Test Track, a few more F&W booths, and DEFINITELY stopping at La Cava!

Stay tuned!

We decided to have breakfast at WCC since it's here...and it was nice.
Glad it was good, we plan on eating breakfast there next month since we're at BRV
We then had time to kill so we decided we would hop a boat over to MK then monorail to TTC to EPCOT. As it turns out...that plan would fail
LOL yup no Epcot monorail right now! I don't think they'll run it again until GF and Poly are open..........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter