And so the Netflix Emptying begins! BIG news re. DisneyPlus! SHAZAAM!

Disney better have a full offering on their service or you'll have people that just sub for the star wars show like people sign up for HBO go for game of thrones then cancel.

Any kind of cycling old movies in and out will turn people off. You either play like netflix or don't try to compete.

Disney better have a full offering on their service or you'll have people that just sub for the star wars show like people sign up for HBO go for game of thrones then cancel.

Any kind of cycling old movies in and out will turn people off. You either play like netflix or don't try to compete.

I'm pretty sure it will be a curated service for the old materials. Curating actually holds more customers than it loses, because there is always something else coming (or coming back) in the next month. Netflix constantly curates films in and out of rotation (the ever rotating catalog Disney classics are a great example of that), it's only their "originals" they keep up full-time now (but some of those will expire as well).

The big difference is Disney owns all of its content. But Disney doesn't own all of their content outright; Disney+ will have to pay equivalent licensing fees to Disney/ABC/Fox Studios to keep the books honest. While it may seem like taking cash out of one pocket and putting it in the other, it's not. Several people (Robert Downey Jr for instance) are contractually guaranteed percentages of the gross earnings for films, and Disney has to legally demonstrate to those stakeholders that they are getting the best return from Disney+ instead of any other avenue (or be willing to pay the differences out of pocket).

Last edited:
It’s not speed anymore so much as data caps

I can’t cut cable because my mother watches cable news all day, as it is right now between gaming and my sister and I streaming after our 9-5s we use roughly half of our 1TB data cap

If we added many hours of streaming live TV (which is a horrendous data sink) we’d easily go over the cap and get hit with an extra $50 a month, and be right back where we started cost wise

And there is no competition to Xfinity/Comcast in my area

Last edited:
It’s not speed anymore so much as data caps

I can’t cut cable because my mother watches cable news all day, as it is right now between gaming and my sister and I streaming after our 9-5s we use roughly half of our 1TB data cap

If we added many hours of streaming live TV (which is a horrendous data sink) we’d easily go over the cap and get hit with an extra $50 a month, and be right back where we started cost wise

And there is no competition to Xfinity/Comcast in my area
We have Uverse. With their 1000mbps plan OR if you have TV service with them you don't have a data cap. When Google Fiber came to our area it pushed the companies to adapt. That's when Uverse came out with their Gigapower speeds and we upgraded to that. I totally get you though with competition and also data caps it's a good point.

They even have a streaming service for dogs now. Call dog tv for 4.99 a month. No I’m not making this up. There’s lots of streaming services I can get just right through Comcast.
Hallmark movies now
Dove channel
Refinery 29
Blueprint
Brown sugar
Cheddar
Hopster
Oello
Outside tv
The great courses
Ride tv
D jazz
The reading corner
X I v e
Playkids
Daily burn
Magellan
Quark
Lion mountain tv
Pro guitar lessons
Sds
Touchfit.

There’s only 2 worth getting imo Netflix and prime. Than coming up Disney plus. I wouldn’t have prime if it wasn’t for the shipping. There was a long time I never watched prime until Comcast put it on with a app.

Hulu and HBO are absolutely worth getting imo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter