And these are the {Resort} Changes of our Lives ~In Memory of JungleCruiser <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marie - as I posted on FB, my heart and prayers are with you, Al, and your family :grouphug: I cannot even imagine receiving that phone call :sad2: Try to keep us posted when you have time, but like others have said try not to forget to take care of yourself right now either. We are all here for you, whether you need to laugh or cry :flower3:

KOOK - take this as your sign to keep your trip booked. You NEVER know what tomorrow will bring and you need to live each day to the fullest ::yes::

I have been up with DD for a couple hours now, her tummy inst doing so well, looks like she will be home with me today.

Melissa

My friends ... A quick stop in to let you know my world came to a halt today. My husband is a Sheriff, and today the unthinkable happened when he was transporting prisoners to court. He was shot -- thank goodness it was in his hand, and while serious, he is alive. Here is an article on the incident -- http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2013/02/26/edmonton-whitecourt-court-shooting.html
His fourth finger, right hand had to be amputated tonight. On Thursday he has to have surgery to fix his shattered pinky... He may have more surgery needed in the future. I thank God I still have him by my side, loss of a finger we can get over -- loss of him, never!
Please pray for my family. Thank you my dear friends. Hopefully I can post and update you when I know more.
Marie

Oh Marie!! Thinking of your family, thank god it was not more serious! Sending many hugs to you all!!:grouphug:

Marie - as I posted on FB, my heart and prayers are with you, Al, and your family :grouphug: I cannot even imagine receiving that phone call :sad2: Try to keep us posted when you have time, but like others have said try not to forget to take care of yourself right now either. We are all here for you, whether you need to laugh or cry :flower3:

KOOK - take this as your sign to keep your trip booked. You NEVER know what tomorrow will bring and you need to live each day to the fullest ::yes::

I have been up with DD for a couple hours now, her tummy inst doing so well, looks like she will be home with me today.

Melissa

Marie - my hearts and prayers go out to you and your family. What has happened is truly a nightmare. I agree with Melissa - we should all remember how important our families and lives are to us and live each moment to the fullest because you never know the next day will bring.

We are all here for you Marie, if you need to vent or talk it through. You are a military wife though, so you are super tough and you are going to make it through all of this. :grouphug:

My friends ... A quick stop in to let you know my world came to a halt today. My husband is a Sheriff, and today the unthinkable happened when he was transporting prisoners to court. He was shot -- thank goodness it was in his hand, and while serious, he is alive. Here is an article on the incident -- http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2013/02/26/edmonton-whitecourt-court-shooting.html
His fourth finger, right hand had to be amputated tonight. On Thursday he has to have surgery to fix his shattered pinky... He may have more surgery needed in the future. I thank God I still have him by my side, loss of a finger we can get over -- loss of him, never!
Please pray for my family. Thank you my dear friends. Hopefully I can post and update you when I know more.
Marie

OMG Marie :hug: Sending prayers for your DH recovery and will be thinking of You and him, wishing the surgery on Thursday goes well.

Marie - I am so sorry to hear that!!! How scary that must have been. You just never know anymore. I'm glad to hear your DH was not injured more seriously!! I see it's in berta, I have an aunt in Alberta!!!

Kook - Definitely keep your spring trip!!! It's already booked, just go and enjoy the time, it might actually help to get away. I can't imagine being told my pay would be cut or I would lose my job. I guess the good thing is the pay cut is over a few months and not an entire year. I guess all you can do is try an stay positive about it.

Hi everyone else! My uncle has a follow up today from a biopsy from last week. I'm hoping and praying it's nothing malignant. I think what worries me more is my grandmother and mother both died of cancer but hopefully that is not his fate.

Sent from my GalaxyS II

Wookie - Your San Anontio trip sounds awesome. How cool that you are surprising the boys! :cool1:

Miss - Banter is good :hug: So, how did the book come out? popcorn::

Jenny - Yay for your APs! Did you pay with the AP site yet? :scratchin

Grumpy Grandma - Love your WDW stockpile idea! :thumbsup2 better get a bunch though, it seems you have acquired quite a few new DILs and GKids! :rotfl2:

Janet - Pilates with Sam sounds hilarious. It's great that you two can have fun being together doing things like that. My mom was amazing in many ways, but not so great as a mom of a teen. You must really know what you are doing to have such a great bond with her! :thumbsup2

babyberger - :hug: It must be both exciting and scary to put yourself out there like that. I know you'll get nothing but good feedback on the blog. ::yes::

sjs314 - I realized that my Poly/boat reply was less then helpful. :upsidedow :rotfl: You're right this thread moves like lightning so things get missed easily. I hope you get your question answered! :goodvibes

koh1977 - Welcome back! Good luck deciding. I know CBR can get a bad rep but that pool looks like it would be a good fit for a 2yo with the zero entry. :thumbsup2

chimo2u - :hug: Sending prayers for your family. :hug:

Marie - I am so sorry to hear that!!! How scary that must have been. You just never know anymore. I'm glad to hear your DH was not injured more seriously!! I see it's in berta, I have an aunt in Alberta!!!

Kook - Definitely keep your spring trip!!! It's already booked, just go and enjoy the time, it might actually help to get away. I can't imagine being told my pay would be cut or I would lose my job. I guess the good thing is the pay cut is over a few months and not an entire year. I guess all you can do is try an stay positive about it.

Hi everyone else! My uncle has a follow up today from a biopsy from last week. I'm hoping and praying it's nothing malignant. I think what worries me more is my grandmother and mother both died of cancer but hopefully that is not his fate.

Sent from my GalaxyS II

Hugs and prayers for your uncle :hug:

Wookie - Your San Anontio trip sounds awesome. How cool that you are surprising the boys! :cool1:

Miss - Banter is good :hug: So, how did the book come out? popcorn::

Jenny - Yay for your APs! Did you pay with the AP site yet? :scratchin

Grumpy Grandma - Love your WDW stockpile idea! :thumbsup2 better get a bunch though, it seems you have acquired quite a few new DILs and GKids! :rotfl2:

Janet - Pilates with Sam sounds hilarious. It's great that you two can have fun being together doing things like that. My mom was amazing in many ways, but not so great as a mom of a teen. You must really know what you are doing to have such a great bond with her! :thumbsup2

babyberger - :hug: It must be both exciting and scary to put yourself out there like that. I know you'll get nothing but good feedback on the blog. ::yes::

sjs314 - I realized that my Poly/boat reply was less then helpful. :upsidedow :rotfl: You're right this thread moves like lightning so things get missed easily. I hope you get your question answered! :goodvibes

koh1977 - Welcome back! Good luck deciding. I know CBR can get a bad rep but that pool looks like it would be a good fit for a 2yo with the zero entry. :thumbsup2

chimo2u - :hug: Sending prayers for your family. :hug:

I_Heart I appriciate your taking the time try and offer an answer :flower3:

Hello everyone! I haven't been here since our last WDW trip in September, but the beginnings of trip planning are happening as we speak and considering I've changed my mind about where to stay like 10 times already, I figured I'd better get back on this thread for support! Looking at the first week of August mot likely. Hoping for room discounts to come out soon for late summer? Planning on a moderate this time around (after Poly and BC stays). DH, DS(6) and DD(2). I've looked at POR, then CBR, and currently CSR. Obviously I can't decide.

I_Heart I appriciate your taking the time try and offer an answer :flower3:

Sheila, from what I remember, the boat from the Poly boat dock didn't seem to me to be able to take EVC's, we had to step down onto it or across to it, and had to have our stroller folded up. But don't quote me....I could be completely wrong!:confused3

Marie

Oh Marie :hug: what a nightmare, thank God that while still serious, it could of gone much differently...thinking of you and your family and sending prayers for DH's surgery tomorrow....please know we are all here for you 24/7 to talk, vent or cry :hug:

Hugs and prayers for great news today :hug:

Melissa, hoping DD's stomach issues will not be serious and you get to have some mommy and me cuddle time with her. :hug:

Stopping by to send hugs and prayers to Marie :grouphug: Lots of prayers for a speedy recovery. I can't imagine how scared you must have been :( Love you.

Quick hello to everyone!! :wave: I hate that I'm so busy here and never have time to keep up on the thread :(

We're booked for 4 nights at BCV in a studio for September. We have 18 friends including us staying at the same resort--so we're pretty much locked in. It'll be a blast :)

Miss you ladies!!

Stopping by to send hugs and prayers to Marie :grouphug: Lots of prayers for a speedy recovery. I can't imagine how scared you must have been :( Love you.

Quick hello to everyone!! :wave: I hate that I'm so busy here and never have time to keep up on the thread :(

We're booked for 4 nights at BCV in a studio for September. We have 18 friends including us staying at the same resort--so we're pretty much locked in. It'll be a blast :)

Miss you ladies!!

Deena Hope your feeling better. Sounds like quite a party at BCV in September. :cool1:

I guess I realized I can deal with short but I can't deal with waiting. I'm Veruca Salt. I want it NOW! <stomps foot and crosses arms> :rotfl:
:lmao: we are a Wonka thread...Oompa loompas and all :rotfl:

Miss M decided this morning that she would, in fact, go ahead and write a book for a Young Writer's contest she entered a month ago... stories are due tomorrow. :rolleyes: (Of course, I mentioned it multiple times in the last month but didn't want to push it because she showed little interest in this particular activity despite creating little books for fun every couple of days or so.) Now I'm busy sorting out templates so she can dictate the story to me when she gets home from school.
Go Miss M! Some of us do well under the pressure of a deadline...:confused3

How did it go:flower3:

Got a little delivery today

I caved and went ahead and ordered our AP's off the website, too jittery about possible price increase before our trip! Oh, and wanted to also order them before DH changed his mind!!
:cheer2:

Jen nice move on t
he APs! :thumbsup2 I still have one unactivated sitting in my safe! I'm thinking about ordering a couple of 10 day non expiring from UT before they are gone and just putting them back for a quick visit to WDW when I'm staying at Universal.
:thumbsup2 Safe trip today Mama!!!!!!!!!!

Sure but that would make your husband and Jeanette brother and sister! And then all your kids would be cousins! Sounds like a family compound in Florida is in order!!! Hey .... this just might work!!!
:grouphug: The more the merrier! Melissa can cook!!!

Pas, hoping that Brian gets the position, more $$ and the time off! Maybe he can bring up the vacation days when he is accepting the new job?? (Seems he is in a commanding position right now…). And my friend, sure you will rock this interview as usual :thumbsup2 Maybe this will be THE year for new adventures for your both! :cheer2: :hug:

Had our first pilates class last night…at one point I was staring at the clock willing the hands to move faster … had looked over to Sam (after I just fell out of a position) and she was giggling at me and struggling herself. Well that did it … focus was lost and I got an attack of the silent giggles too…. knew it would be tough with my lower back issues and the fact that my abs are not my strong point…well there is next week to look forward to :rolleyes: and Yoga fitness tomorrow night… Miss, is this anything life the torture sessions with Ron Weasley?.
Hope you're not too sore from Pilates :flower3:

Brian will do great! No interview for him...they just keep begging :rolleyes: As for me, we decided I am not starting a new endeavor. Between school and what I have now...it's enough. My kiddos still need me, they will always be first :goodvibes And this job is unknown...not secure enough for me

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Prayers for your unclr :hug:
Hello everyone! I haven't been here since our last WDW trip in September, but the beginnings of trip planning are happening as we speak and considering I've changed my mind about where to stay like 10 times already, I figured I'd better get back on this thread for support! Looking at the first week of August mot likely. Hoping for room discounts to come out soon for late summer? Planning on a moderate this time around (after Poly and BC stays). DH, DS(6) and DD(2). I've looked at POR, then CBR, and currently CSR. Obviously I can't decide.
Welcome back!!

Melissa

Melissa, wonderful blog :hug: Sarah reminds me of HRH it's uncanny!

DS12 is home today, poor guy :sad1: tummy bug

Marie:hug: Thank goodness he was struck in the hand ..... not downplaying it at all...but you know...not head or chest....That is every officer's wife's nightmare...getting that call :hug:You poor thing. Prayers for your DH for his recovery and rehabilitation. And we are here for you always!!!! :grouphug:

i_heart_the_mouse said:

I know! That's why I was thinking CBR, but then looking at the pics of the refurbished rooms and the pool and playground at CSR...I don't know which to choose!

Marie

Oh my goodness Marie, I am so sorry this happened to your dh. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am sending you hugs, know we are here for you! :hug:

:hug: I originally told her no because it was too late... but once I dropped her off at school, the guilt set in. :rotfl2: Got all my templates set up to take dictation. :rolleyes2

Yep, mommy guilt is strong :rolleyes: and so is mommy pride :thumbsup2 How did the book turn out??

I applaud you! Way to go, both of ya. And I'm cheering you on for next week. :cheer2: I would've done a prompt face-plant. :rotfl2: Really.::yes:: I'd need serious moral support to try out a class like that ... especially having zero coordination. (And a laughing partner for all the inevitable screw-ups, you two would be perfect-o!) :thumbsup2 Ol' Weasley ... he just makes me lift heavy things -- and comes up with various new, embarrassing maneuvers every week which help me realize that my core is pathetically weak. :rolleyes2 I'm always accusatory that he has a book which he consults before each session entitled "Sight Gags for Trainers: Exercises for the Physically Inept."

Thanks Miss! :hug: As usual you manage to crack me up with your posts! Of course, one of the veterans of the prior class (young and thin) was next to me so she seemingly did everything with ease...while I was lucky to minimize the face plants :lmao:...we managed to get there early for class (purely by accident, usually I’m running behind) so we got the back of the class :yay:...I'm so uncoordinated myself so wonder how the fitness yoga will go tonight... too bad we don't live in the same town...we can all hide in the back of class and afterwards go out for strawberry and peanut butter ice cream and forget about pilates classes or tortuous sessions with the evil Ron Weasleys and think about nice Ron, Harry & Hermione and the other magical castle... ahhhh :goodvibes

Good for you. I need to start walking to get ready for the SA trip. The Riverwalk is a lot of walking and a ton of stairs (when you want to get to the other side of the river). We haven't been to SA since our 6th wedding anniversary, which was about 12 years ago.

Thanks Wookie...it can be difficult to start but once you do, it gets easier to stick with it... make it a goal to start this very weekend :goodvibes will DH be your walking buddy? Or the boys? :)

You ALWAYS say just the right thing, Janet. Thank you for putting it all in perspective and making me smile.

Oh thanks Kook! :hug: it seems just right that you go… (and you know you have something to prove to Sarah :littleangel:) can’t wait to hear about your adventures … did you decide to rent the cart? Me, love the idea of cruising around the grounds!

You and Sam are making great memories and a stronger core::yes::
:hug: great memories and right now hurting core muscles!! :laughing: But do love the time with her… even these ones…:goodvibes

Thanks Iheart :hug: My mom was amazing too, but we never had talks like Sam and I do… maybe it’s the difference in generations… things are more open today? dunno… My mom and dad were great but not the real demonstrative kind… I tell my kids every day that I love them…:goodvibes

Jenny-Sending good very best good luck wishes with the possible job changes. And hooray for AP’s!! :dance3:

Wookie
-Your plans sound great, I hope the refund appears soon!::yes::

I heart-You had me smiling with your Veruca Salt mention. Too funny!:rotfl:

MM-You gotta promise to fill us in on your friend’s thoughts on Epcot when they return. I guess they are imagining it’s kinda like Mall of America or something? :laughing:

Pas-Trip Snack planning, now that’s fun! Sending best wishes, too as you both make decisions about possible job changes. :flower3:

Melissa-I am enjoying your blog! Thanks for your kind words, we all hope the sequester goes away soon!:thumbsup2

Kook, MM, Missout, and anyone else potentially affected by the annoying S word- I know we all have our fingers crossed the goofballs in Washington get their acts together quickly. We have vacations to plan!!:beach:

Missout- I’ll bet you will have lots of fun together as your dd is pondering what to say in her story. Treasured times!!
Just a thought-Have you seen copies of Ladybug (probably her age group?)and Cricket (when she’s a bit older?) magazines. They might be fun for your dd. princess:

Basketlacey-Planning a WDW vacation is fun, until you open their website. :laughing: It makes me crazy, too.
Thanks for your sweet words about the sequester. :goodvibes

Sjs314-This thread certainly does move fast! :)

DznyCrzy11-Hope your uncle gets good news. :thumbsup2

Janet-Attacks of silent giggles are fun!! :laughing:

Koh-Lots of good options. Actually I think it’s a great idea to have a couple in mind, especially if a discount comes out. Sometimes you have to make a fast decision on the phone, depending on dates and availability. :cool1:

Luv-18 friends? You guys are going to have such fun!!:cheer2:

GG-Have a fabulous trip!! pixiedust:

Wednesday means American Idol and Top Chef for us tonight. It's the Top chef finale, will be fun!! Have a good day RC friends! :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter