and we're back. [Walt, Wizards, and....Woolungasaurus?]

Ohhhhmmmmm. :)

Lunch, lists, finishing it up, chiro appt, go to hotel. Already finished E's swim lesson and some banking.

Yay Molly!! You can do it!! This is so great and I am so excited for you to have a great time!!

Thinking wonderful positive thoughts that everything is just great, and your plans turn out just right. Can't wait to hear all about it! Tracey

Have fun!! You have worked hard for this vacation enjoy it!!

We're here, it was exhausting, we are LOVING the way we planned this (with the stay out of the park days at the beginning. Did not have anywhere NEAR enough time at Caribbean Beach Resort, not by a long shot! OKW is lovely and our 2 bedroom is AWESOME.

We went to Hollywood Studios today, twice, for a very brief period of time, which was fabulous and amusing.

I'm waking up really early b/c I'm at Disney, and I'm staying up really late b/c part of me is still on Pacific time, but I should really really try to get to bed soon. More later!

Oh, and we reserved a mid-size car with National, using Robert's Emerald Club account, which meant we got to choose whatever we wanted from the Emerald Aisle...got a big ol' Dodge Nitro. NICE.

Sounds wonderful Molly and I am thrilled to hear it. I hope that you are feeling good.

A Nitro huh? A hot car!!

We're here, it was exhausting, we are LOVING the way we planned this (with the stay out of the park days at the beginning. Did not have anywhere NEAR enough time at Caribbean Beach Resort, not by a long shot! OKW is lovely and our 2 bedroom is AWESOME.

We went to Hollywood Studios today, twice, for a very brief period of time, which was fabulous and amusing.

I'm waking up really early b/c I'm at Disney, and I'm staying up really late b/c part of me is still on Pacific time, but I should really really try to get to bed soon. More later!

Oh, and we reserved a mid-size car with National, using Robert's Emerald Club account, which meant we got to choose whatever we wanted from the Emerald Aisle...got a big ol' Dodge Nitro. NICE.

Yay! I'm glad to hear that the plan is working out well so far!! Also, right off the bat I can tell that it sounds like the first two lodging choices were very successful (even though you didn't get enough time at Caribbean Beach Resort), and I wonder what you will think about the DLR hotels in comparison to the ones you stay in at WDW. You've been able to stay in each of the DLR hotels, so it will be interesting to hear your comparison of those 3 vs. the WDW hotels you stay in when you get back - and how all the hotels rank. I'm curious if it's just the grounds of the WDW hotels that surpass our DLR hotels (because of all the space they have to work with), or if the actual rooms are better too. Can't wait for your thoughts!!

Hotels...I can now see how people can do a resort-only vacation here. Seriously, they are incredible. Each resort has a list of things to do each day, just like the DLR resorts have their tours and whatnot. The DVC resorts have Community Halls; last night R and E played a game of pool at the OKW hall, then we rented a couple movies (free for members), wandered the giftshop and bought some items for breakfast, etc etc.

Dagnabit, I didn't realize that Dinosaur World was an hour away! Harumph! Maybe the dinos will have to wait. :headache:

Family has gone home, we're in a 1 bedroom, we all cried when they left. Successful visit, and any stress was simply b/c my aunt is my aunt and she cannot help but be a stressball. Snippet...at AK for just a few hours yesterday, happened to walk out from the Pangiani (??) Trail only to find the Jammin' Jungle Parade about to happen. Had the boys stand on benches (yes, I let E stand on a bench! shocking) from far back so they could see more...my aunt went way up somewhat close (at another bench not right up AT the parade) and was flipping out that we were hanging back. She just didn't seem to get that we could see MORE than she could, even if they saw things 3 benches-worth closer. She finally got the boys to come to her, but she kept flashing the disgusted "what are you DOING" looks back at the *grownups* who chose to do something else...seriously, we're between 41 and 34, we know what we want to do! But that's just her, and not some weird thing that just happened here. And we still love her dearly.

FYI, it's freezing here. OK not quite literally, stayed above 32 last night, but 36 isn't really what I was expecting LOL. I have a toe that is "bad", b/c I smashed the hades out of it years ago, and it's aching like crazy b/c of the cold. Ow. But we'll be more prepared for the weather today, unlike yesterday, where I turned my brain to sludge by wearing short sleeve shirt and shorts when it was 50 and 40s during the day. Whoops!

Wow talk about unseasonably cold weather. I think you must have brought it with you.

I am glad to hear the hotels are so nice. And only at the Disney hotels could I be content to stay there and not wander.

Oh fun! Glad to hear you taking dear aunty in stride. Honestly, I have to say family and friends on vacations are a big give and take. It is really wonderful in so many ways, and I wouldn't give it up, but I really love just being with my little core family too.

I know what you mean about the resorts. That's why I think we need a full two weeks if we ever make it, but that seems unfathomable to my husband, from his never having been perspective. But we did 9 days at DLR and had a wonderful time, so I don't think 14 at DW is too much.

Crazy weather! Stay warm and have fun!

Cold cold cold cold. NOT a good way to start the AKV Jambo part of our stay, but not just from the cold. We'll be moving to a different room tomorrow, to a NON accessible room, because if I cannot soak my feet and muscles in my epsom salts (bought at Publix), I *will* need wheels, and they *will* be paying for it. Because my feet are NOT happy right now. Augh. There was more to the story, and even a different story or two, but that will suffice for right now.

Adored Universal but not *every* aspect of it. E loved the Hippogriff coaster so much that this morning we rode it quite a few times. Then we closed out the day with the Woody's Nuthouse Coaster one MORE time than Hippogriff.

In between, lots of FREEZING.

Molly, I can hardly wait to hear the stories from your trip. Too bad about the cold.

I'm especially excited for your Universal review as I've never been there. Glad you are having a good time, despite the weather issues!

So excited, it's sunny today! Once we have lunch (frozen Amy's meals in the villa, gotta eat 'em up before we leave tomorrow!) and get changed, we're going swimming! Woo!

Oh, and there are zebras outside my window. No seriously. OK, one zebra by the time I got my camera, but still. It's the redeeming quality of the hot mess (can I bring back that phrase? I never used it a few years ago, but suddenly I want to) that IS the Animal Kingdom Lodge. :rolleyes1

Molly I can hardly wait to read your whole trip report.

So excited, it's sunny today! Once we have lunch (frozen Amy's meals in the villa, gotta eat 'em up before we leave tomorrow!) and get changed, we're going swimming! Woo!

Oh, and there are zebras outside my window. No seriously. OK, one zebra by the time I got my camera, but still. It's the redeeming quality of the hot mess (can I bring back that phrase? I never used it a few years ago, but suddenly I want to) that IS the Animal Kingdom Lodge. :rolleyes1

Oh yay for sunshine and Zebras!

Boo for 3 days of no voice, 2 days of a rotten cough, and just feeling cruddy AND being sad to not be there anymore....

Trying to gather my thoughts, gather my info, thinking of getting pictures together, and so on, to TRY to come up with some sort of trip report title! Also, a focus, a direction. Chronologically might not work well for such a long trip, especially since the start of it feels like it was 18 million days ago. Could compare-contrast DLR to WDW, but that would get booooooring doing page after page of it. Plus, we noticed that our feelings about things changed the next time or times we did or saw them, so even our feelings can't really be trusted. I'm leaning towards a conglomeration, with perhaps an overview to start.

But I will still need to come up with a title....

Currently in my living room with heater running, plush Snuggie on, with my big round soft plush Yeti stuffed animal sitting next to me. :3dglasses

Yay for people, er, person... waiting for my TR. :)

Better...I hope so too. I feel like I've been sick for a year. Whatever this is caused a rotten flight...it was just the voice when we woke up, but as the day went on the cough started, and I felt absolutely horrible for those around us. And then I felt bad for myself on descent, because I had ear pain that I haven't had since the 8th grade DC trip, when I thought my head was going to explode on the flight... That pain is just beyond words, isn't it?

eta to keep this code safe: SHIPDLPP

That sounds awful. And what a sad way to end a trip.

And I am sure there are other people that want to hear all about your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter