• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Angelrose's Journey

I was excited to see what you were asking Santa for...... until I saw his answer! I was thinking I may have to go get in line to see that Santa too!

It's just not in the cards Grumpy's Gal. Every time I think about it I get a giggle. Just that deadpan look on his face when he answered me. I just hope I'm not on his naughty list now. LOL

Angelrose, I have been following your thread since you first lost your husband,Ron. I have shed many a tear with you, and have been in awe of your humor and strength. I don't post much , mostly a lurker, but you and your family have been a source of inspiration for years. I mention you so much that my DH asks about you by name!

My DH and I are going back to WDW, after a 15 year absence, with our adult DD who will be attending a medical conference. We have never been in Dec. so we are looking forward to the holiday atmosphere. Your trip report was very enjoyable and it made me even more excited and more inpatient for our trip in 10 months. Thank you.

Thank you so much for reading dazedx3. I'm flattered by your kind compliments. I found through the years that you do what you must to survive and gradually the pain fades and all you remember is the good times. Ron was my soulmate and I miss him terribly. But I just look at my son and especially my grandson and see Ron so much in their faces.

I know you will love Disney at Christmas time. The first two weeks are the best. After that the crowds are unbelievable.

Please tell your husband I said HI. LOL

Today I got the results of my MRI. It was pretty much what I expected. I need both hips replaced. The left side is worse with bone on bone and part of the bone has died. Same with the right but not as much. I made an appointment with the surgeon for the end of March and Karen will go with me. The surgeon is backed up three months for the surgery so I probably won't be able to get it done before the end of June. But we will see what he says.

I have been going to a PA for my shots and everything else with my hips. I had no idea that a Physician's Assistant isn't a doctor at all. I dare not tell Karen or she will cut him a new one. I thought I was going to a doctor who knew what he was doing. Dumb me. He should have referred me to the doctor in charge instead of just guessing . OK I'm done grumbling.

I know after the surgery the healing time is just two weeks. Then I can swim or do anything. It takes about a month before you're back to normal. I wish I could get it done tomorrow.

Wow! Two weeks? That's amazing! I'm sorry you have to get that done but I'm glad it is something that is fixable! And you love to swim so that should help a lot with the recovery!

That's two weeks to heal the incision. I will be walking with a crutch and then a cane for a couple of weeks also. But I can swim after two weeks. Exercising without pain! YAYYYYY

Mary, my oldest sister had a hip replacement (followed by the opposite knee replacement) and for her, the hip was an easier recovery. Rehab was just walking, and not crossing her legs at all, even at her ankles. I hope yours will be a smooth operation & recovery.

I survived my solo trip to NY just fine. I flew SF to JFK, then took the Long Island RR out to Southampton. I had to wait quite a while for the train. Then my return flight got cancelled. Thankfully, I was able to get on an earlier flight & got home at a decent time. I had a wonderful visit with my son and his family. They have since moved to North Carolina so we're trying to find a time to go visit them.

Thanks minniecarousel. I have heard that there is no rehab except for walking. I hadn't heard about not crossing my legs though. Thanks for the warning.

Glad you enjoyed your trip to NY.

Hello everyone! Long time since I posted on the Dis. Mary, I loved your trip report!!! Dh and I are going the beginning of May, can't wait!!!

Hi again snappyd. Thanks for reading my trip report. I want to hear all about your trip.

I had my appointment with the surgeon. I was lucky and got a date for my surgery for April 10. There had been a cancellation. So two weeks after that I get the staples out and two weeks after that I get an xray to make sure everything is where it should be.

Then I get the other hip replaced 6 weeks after the first one. I should be done everything by the middle of July.

I will be staying with Chuck and Karen for the 5 days after the surgery. Then I can go home and even drive. No restrictions. I can cross my legs and bend down. No PT, just walking. After the right hip surgery, I won't be able to drive for a month.

I will be glad when this is all over.

Wow, sending prayers and good thoughts! You will be running circles around the grandkids!

Last week we saw Beauty and the Beast in 3D - it was awesome, have you seen it? Tomorrow night we are going to a concert in New Brunswick - Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes. It was a long winter, now trying to do a few things! Do you know the Surflight Theater on LBI? They went bankrupt two years ago, but now they are reopening. We plan on seeing a few plays there this summer. The ice cream parlor will also reopen, can't wait for summer!

Thank you snappyd and rndmr2. I appreciate the good thoughts and prayers. I will certainly be glad when this is all over.

I did see Beauty and the Beast but not in 3D. I loved it and so did Karen and Zoey. It was such a beautiful movie. I am definitely going to buy it when it comes out.

We went to see Beauty and the Beast today. I really liked it. My DH even stayed awake through most of it, LOL. We didn't see it in 3D, though. I don't know why everything has to be in 3D, I don't think it adds anything most of the time, for most movies.

I feel the same way. The only movie I saw in 3D was Avatar and that really was beautiful that way.

It's great that you got your hip surgeries scheduled! I'm sure you'll feel so much better once it's all behind you!

Thanks minniecarousel. I want it done and over with. At least I know by the fall I will be back to normal. I guess I'm a little bit nervous about it, but I guess that's not unusual.

I just wanted to update you. After talking to the doctor, Chuck and Karen want me to stay with them permanently after my surgeries. I will be staying in my home only long enough to get rid of so much stuff. That's what hurts the most. Leaving this home that Ron built for us and all the memories, the massive amount of decorations and "stuff". Eventually after I sell this house, they will either build on to their house or sell their house and buy a home with a mother in law suite.

The doctor said he didn't want me living alone in case I fall and no one would be here.

Karen told the kids I would be staying with them after my surgery. Jesse said that was awesome and that I was the best Captain Hook and could I run around and chase them after my surgery. LOL She explained to him that it was just like when she was hurt. He said he got it. "Grandmom is like glass and we might break her." Isn't that cute? She hasn't told them that I will be living with them as soon as I can sell this house. I think it will take about a year before I can get rid of things and maybe sell some things. Heaven knows how long it will be before I can sell this house. It's 43 years old. Built in the 70's. So who knows what will happen.

It's just very traumatic for me right now and I have been very weepy. I just don't like changes.

Oh Mary- that is a big change! You are so blessed to have family that adores you and wants you in their home. I can only imagine the difficulty that awaits you in paring down. Living with them is the wise choice and you all know it. (Doesn't make it any easier, I'm sure!) Sending good thoughts your way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter