Angelrose's Journey

Sunday Family Dinner Day sounds good! You have a coupla gems there in your son and daughter-in-law.

It sounds like you're getting a good day in once in a while.

Hang in there.

I do love cats. Unfortunately I am EXTREMELY allergic to them. One time I was at my hairdressers and her cat had kittens. I just had to look and pet them. OMG my eyes were so swollen that the eyeball was over the bottom eyelid. I could hardly see to drive home. Oh that was an adventure, I can tell you. So, I have to remain petless.

I have been getting my hair the same basic color for at least 30 years now. It's the lightest blond. Clarol Nice N Easy Ultra Light Natural Blond. Funny thing, Karen thought this was my natural color! Well, it was about 50 years ago. LOL My hair was strawberry blond until my late teens. Then it got so dark that it depressed me. Finally after I had been married a couple of years, I couldn't stand it anymore and started coloring it. Been doing it ever since.

I asked Karen if she was planning that, but it's hard to tell if he will need another haircut after Thanksgiving. That's when he will get his haircut for the Christmas pictures. I will get my hair cut a week before we go so it will look nice there. So the barbershop will have to do without me. Hopefully Jesse will need it by the time we get there.

Ron and I only went to DW never Disneyland, but Chuck and Karen did on their honeymoon.

You could get a hairless cat. :cat: Hey, I've got to keep trying to find you some way to keep from being lonely.

At the barbershop you could just get some pixie-dust with your grandson. I think that is all I'm going to do with my nephews. :thumbsup2

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."
- Rocky Balboa

Stay strong, you have my condolences. :hug:

Today I had to go to the Social Security office to show them my marriage certificate so that I can get survivor benefits. Karen had us on a conference call, this morning, so she could help me. Now the man was very nice and asked me some questions. Pretty routine stuff. But then he asked me if I had worked in a foreign country. I haven't even visited a foreign country. Then he asked if I worked for the railroad. :confused3 I'm sorry but I had to laugh. All I could picture was me and John Henry driving in those spikes with a 16 lb. sledge. I'm afraid the man didn't see the humor in it. We have to ask these questions Mrs. Bown. Sorry about that. So I did get a laugh today. I had a relatively short wait in the ss office. Only about an hour and a half. My number was 60 and when I sat down they started to call 34. ACKKKKKKKK Just kill me now. But a lot of people must have left. I was so thrilled when my number was finally called and I was done in a few minutes. Chuck had driven me there and left me his phone. He showed me how to use it. When I was done, I pressed the right thingy and got the numbers up and pressed the right ones for his office and nothing happened. I asked some young men if they knew what I was doing wrong. LOL DUHHHHHHHH I forgot to press call! Chuck picked me up and took me home. I was glad to get home and relax for the rest of the afternoon.

Chuck and Karen are taking me to see the new Harry Potter movie this weekend. We are going to the late show. I will have to take a nap or two for that. It's at 10:30 pm and I probably won't get to bed before one or so. That will be different. I'm usually in bed by 11:30 at the latest. I'm up at 6 or 6:30am. I have a feeling that Sunday I'll be sleeping in a bit more. But it will be fun.

chell, you are so funny. I really can't afford any pets at all right now. But I enjoy your efforts.

That's an interesting quote TheAmazingSpidey. I hope I can live up to that.

You can't blame me for trying. ;) As I was trying to type that my cat was nudging my hand. He is sending you some love. :hug:

Glad to hear you weren't stuck at the office all day. Around here it is about a half day ordeal. The guy on the phone should have had some sense of humor. At least you did!

Oh, Angelrose..... it's so great to see a little of your awesome personality coming out. Glad you had a giggle at the ss office. I can just picture you working on the railroad. :confused3:)

Keep moving forward... and another idea for a pet is a bird! We just lost our cockatiel after 17 years. She loved to have her neck scratched just like a dog! She sang the Andy Griffith theme and whistled the cat call. I wish we would have had more time to teach her to talk, but we got her when the kids were very young and we were very busy.

Anyhow.... something to consider maybe!
Take care!

I'm so sorry to read this. I am very impressed with your bravery, Angelrose. You are amazing.

My condolences and best wishes to you and your family.

Are you okay? I see that you haven't posted in a few days and I just want to make sure you are okay. Guess by now you see that I like to worry.

Hi again. Today it has been one month since my darling Ron left me. It was a very hard day. I tried to keep busy, but I just cried all day. I can't believe it's been a month and yet it seems like he has been gone for such a long time. I miss him so much.

Tuesday I went over to my cousins pool and we had a nice swim. I can talk to her about Ron and most of the time I don't cry. She is helping to keep me sane this summer.

Sometimes I have a good day and I get along pretty well. Not today. I still have my temper tantrums and yell that it wasn't supposed to be like this. He was supposed to be here for me for a lot more years. I want him back here. I want to go back in time and change things. He was so handsome and strong. It's not fair that he is gone. He was such a good man, so sweet and funny. It's just NOT FAIR.

I did receive a wonderful PM from someone whose family went through the same thing. Only the wife couldn't let her husband go. He woke from his coma but with a lot of brain damage. Now the poor woman has to care for him 24/7. It is very sad for both of them. So I know I did the right thing for my Ron. He wouldn't have wanted that. It did give me some peace of mind. So THANK YOU again for that PM.

:hug: Thank you for updating us. I'm sorry, I didn't realize today was a month since his passing. :hug: You have every right to scream and still be angry. Go through any emotion you feel, don't hold them back. I'm just glad to know you are safe and sound.

I was wondering how you were too...getting used to the nightly 'check-ins'..

Goodness, a month already. Early days in the grieving process still...
We're all keeping you in our hearts and thoughts as you make the journey from here. Tears are expected...keep one foot in front of the other and know Ron is still with you, always.

:grouphug:

...one day at a time....

Sorry today was rough. I'm so glad you have your cousin, and your DS, DDIL & DGS.

Hang in there.

I am one who started reading your story early on. It seemed things were going to end differently than they did. I caught back up tonight. I would like to thank you. You came in search of support, but instead you are a source of inspiration. You have always spoken so sweetly of you dear Ron. I am posting to tonight to say Thank You. You are an amazing woman and teacher. LOL, Ron knew it the whole time. If you don't see him in your dreams, it is because he is in your heart. He never truly left you. Take care and God Bless You.

Hi again. Today it has been one month since my darling Ron left me. It was a very hard day. I tried to keep busy, but I just cried all day. I can't believe it's been a month and yet it seems like he has been gone for such a long time. I miss him so much.

Tuesday I went over to my cousins pool and we had a nice swim. I can talk to her about Ron and most of the time I don't cry. She is helping to keep me sane this summer.

Sometimes I have a good day and I get along pretty well. Not today. I still have my temper tantrums and yell that it wasn't supposed to be like this. He was supposed to be here for me for a lot more years. I want him back here. I want to go back in time and change things. He was so handsome and strong. It's not fair that he is gone. He was such a good man, so sweet and funny. It's just NOT FAIR.

I did receive a wonderful PM from someone whose family went through the same thing. Only the wife couldn't let her husband go. He woke from his coma but with a lot of brain damage. Now the poor woman has to care for him 24/7. It is very sad for both of them. So I know I did the right thing for my Ron. He wouldn't have wanted that. It did give me some peace of mind. So THANK YOU again for that PM.

Angelrose,
My heart aches for you over your loss. You're in my prayers for Peace and Comfort.

It is the first milestone, next as the seasons turn there will be more. But he is in your heart & in the leaves & the wind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter