Angelrose's Journey

I finally had the time to read your entire TR! Great pix & narrative. Nothing like reliving Disneyworld through someone else's vacation! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

We had a scarey day yesterday. One of my brothers had a mini-stroke. He is a respiratory therapist and recognized the signs. He was at home, middle of the night & called 911. He woke up one of his kids and told him what was going on. His wife was in Detroit visiting family - she has never traveled without him!

The good news is that he has no lasting effects of a stroke. He needs one carotid artery cleaned out. Whew! He's 66 and has 18 year-old triplets! He's working mainly for the health insurance for the kids. Not sure what he'll do next. Our oldest brother had the same thing done at age 69. His surfaced after cataract surgery. Just glad they're both OK!

Ben and I are having so much giggly fun lately. His vocabulary is finally picking up. He hasn't decided what to call me yet. I'll answer to anything - just pick a name for me, kid!

Loved the trip report! We are going in 3 weeks and you got me so excited :yay::yay: Your pictures are wonderful!

Thanks for reading minniecarousel. I'm so sorry to hear about your brother having a mini stroke. Glad he is going to be OK.

Thanks snappyd. I want to hear all about your trip when you get back.

Minnie my sister had a mini stroke a few months after her husband passed away. She is fine, no after effects. That was 6 years ago. Hoping your brother has similar experience. Hugs!

Hello again. I've had some hip problems. I thought it was a pulled groin muscle but it's just arthritis. I was in a lot of pain and nothing seemed to help. I was finally able to get my shots, one in each hip. That did help, but I need to get a shot right into the joint. Now the strange thing is that there is absolutely no cartilage left in my right hip and the shots help and there is not much pain at all. Now on the left side there is just a teeny little spot of arthritis and I could hardly move my leg at all.

Now since I have a slight allergy to shellfish, I have to take Prednisone 13 hours before the procedure, 7 hours before and one hour before. I also have to take a Benedril 3 hours before and two Zantac one hour before. I will have to wake up twice in the middle of the night and after I take all those pills I think I will rattle when I walk.

Anyone have a shot in their hip joint? I want to know what to expect. I'm picture a very long needle and a very unpleasant experience.

Yeah - no idea. I agree, it sounds unpleasant. My oldest sister had a hip replacement before she could have a new knee - on the opposite side. Was there any talk of hip replacement? If the shots buy you time, that's great. But eventually, the time in between shots get shorter.

Hang in there.

Yes the doctor told me as long as my right side doesn't hurt, I don't have to replace it, but it for sure is in my future. I know the shots are supposed to last 3 months but by 2 months or a bit after, it starts hurting again.

I don't mind getting older, I just mind my body getting old. LOL

Hi Angelrose - sorry I've been MIA :guilty:. Our family had a wonderful Easter and we've been busy with family activities, but on sad end was losing my DH's sister, planning her funeral, and all the personal business that comes with loss :sad1:. She was 78yo, never married, had fun traveling the world, and thankfully had a long full active life. So glad we had a family get together for her 78th BD, as that was sadly to be her last :(. That leaves DH and his bro, now their 3 wonderful sisters in between are all gone. :sad:

Just read your wonderful trip report and can see what a royal blast family had :cloud9:! Oh my, how wonderful you will be having 3 family WDW trips this year! You are a hard act to follow ~ love you and your family's young at heart spirit :lovestruc! Enjoyed all the photos of your sweet family activities, specially the funny ones of you napping on bench n at show, and your expression in back seat of Zoey's car :teeth:! The Pirate League looked fun for Jesse & Daddy, and Zoey's BBB brought back many fond memories when my grands were younger and so enjoyed doing. My, Jesse and Zoey have gotten so big! Thank you, how nice we've watched them grow up on Dis puckerup:! Kudos and way to go Karen on that 5 and 10 K - you go girl! :thumbsup2

Really sorry to hear about your hip issues and pray the shot helps. Ditto, the health ailments our Golden Years bring are not fun. DH and my knee issues are steadily going down hill and it's harder to keep up w/all the activities now, but Lord willing, we grin and bear it. The Orthovisc no longer works, so unfortunately he is closer to knee replacement. Thus far he has bulked at, he never complains but being bone on bone I hate seeing him in pain and think he now realizes it's for his own benefit and well being.

BTW "Graham Cracker" :D, you look sexy w/that red hair :crazy:! Of 13 grands, we are blessed w/3redheads passed down fr their GGDad! :flower3:

Thank you 4nana, we did have a blast there. Looking at those pictures you can see how totally off the wall our whole family is. :jester:

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister in law. Losing family is always so hard.

We are very proud of our Karen finishing the 10K and the half marathon. She had a good finishing time too.

I got my shots this morning. It wasn't horrible but definitely unpleasant. First I got around 5 shots of lidocain in my groin and each one hit a nerve. Then I got some radioactive dye and an x ray to make sure the needle was in the right place and finally the shot itself. This better be magical because I don't want to do this again. Oh yes and it will take 7 to 10 days to take affect.

They asked me if I had someone to drive me home. I asked why would I need one. I'm fine. They made me sit up first to make sure I wasn't dizzy and then he rubbed both legs to make sure they weren't numb. That made me giggle so I guess I passed that test. They made me sit in another room for for a few minutes. I just read two pages of my Kindle when the nurse came and took my blood pressure again. It was higher than before the procedure but I was fine and I was allowed to go home.

I took my blood pressure meds when I got home, had some lunch and watched The Price is Right until I fell asleep. I woke up a little after noon and was panicking because I thought I had missed my appointment. LOL

I got the kids off the bus and then my hip REALLY started to hurt. Karen and I were talking and torturing each other, so she asked me to stay for Chinese for dinner and we could start planning our October trip. We got a lot done and then I came home. This Chinese restaurant makes any meal like Weight Watchers so it was really good and I have enough for two more meals.

I'm going to take another Advil before bed but the pain seems to have gone down to a manageable level right now.

Glad you got it over with Angelrose! I hope it helps. Gee, if they expected you to have a ride home, they should had told you before you arrived there. I hope you have a nice quiet day tomorrow & this kicks in quickly.

Thank you rndmr2 and minniecarousel. I had some pains last night and some this morning, but they stopped and I can move my hip a bit better, so I think it's working. I did take it easy today. I just did a load of wash and broiled up some grape tomatoes. The rest of the day I spent relaxing in my recliner. We had a thunderstorm come through and a real downpour. Karen called to tell me I didn't have to pick up the kids. She knows I hate to go out in the rain. She is so sweet to me.

We are making milkshakes for Mother's Day lunch. LOL It will be fun and something different. I guess we will go out to dinner somewhere.

Thanks rndmr2. Yesterday I was able to get in over 6,500 steps in. I have only been able to do 2 to 3,000 for two months, so this was a big improvement. I can move my hip much more easily now. It was totally worth it to get this shot.

Everyone have a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.:flower::butterfly

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day. I had a lot of fun. We opened cards and Karen opened her presents which were jammies, a pair of sneakers and a necklace. All with flamingoes on them. We went to Red Robin for lunch and we all had the Berserker burger. Then we went to see Captain America, Civil War. I have no idea what it was about, just lots of fighting and explosions. The only one I liked was the "bad guy". LOL We came home and Chuck made us all milk shakes. So YUMMY. By that time I was exhausted and went home. It was such a fun day.

Sounds like a great Mother's Day!

I Facetimed with my NY son, daughter-in-law & Jackson in the morning. It's always so nice to see their faces & hear their voices. My DDIL is good about sending Jackson videos. I show them to Ben & he loves it. He'll ask for "Jackson bubble" & that means he wants to see the video of Jackson & his bubble machine.

Older son took us to a very nice brunch buffet. They gave us a photo blanket of both Ben & Jackson.

DH & I are deep into the hockey play-offs. We had a half-season ticket so we get half of the play-off tix. Going to Thursday night's game. With A's weekend tix, we are very busy with sporting events.

We had Ben for the whole weekend (that's TWO nights!). It was tiring & Ben ran a low grade fever at first. But we all had a good time & we'd do it again!

Glad you had a great Mother’s day with your loved ones AR, you deserve to be spoiled :flower3:. Your hip shot procedure sounds painful, but happy to hear it's working and thankfully you're getting some relief. You’re hard to hold down!

It’s been busy here :-). Mother’s Day was really nice, our daughters n families took us to the local country club for a nice brunch and I had beautiful flower bouquet waiting at the table. Then we all back to DD’s 2 house to bask in the sun while watching cousins have fun playing games. Followed by opening of gifts and delicious Mother’s Day cake for dessert. Out of town kiddos calling was also a high light of day. I'm blessed! :teeth:

I spent few days at DD2 home watching 2 of our sweet grands, while they went to So Carl to move our Gson home for the summer. Am very greatful, our 3 college grands worked hard and all made honors!

DGD (16-a HS junior) went to prom with a group of her BFF’s. I enjoyed helping with alterations to her dress, and as I used to work in a florist yrs ago, made wristlet corsages for her and few of the girls, which was creative fun. It was neat all the hoop-de-laa of them getting their hair/nails done, all the beautiful gowns, then a limo took them to Harbor for a dinner/dance cruise. it’s things like this that keep our old spirits young at heart :D! They took hundreds of photos and hopefully if I can resize small will upload a few of our Redhead Princess. :goodvibes

Minnie, glad you had a nice Mother’s day too – the photo blanket of your sweet GS’s is such a touching gift that I know you treasure xo. Hope your DBro is doing well and recovered 100% from his mini-stroke.

Snapppyd, hope you n DH enjoyed your trip to the magic land, had some peaceful some R&R, and will share some pix! :smickey:

4 DGD and her BFF's (200x119) (2).jpg 1 DGD (133x200).jpg13174152_1144330215619282_5519018492100276331_n (2) (95x125).jpg 2 DGD (133x200).jpg 3 flowers (133x200) (84x125)..jpg

Last edited:
Glad you both had a wonderful Mother's Day. 4 nana your granddaughter is beautiful! Love the gown and the wristlets.

Last Saturday, I went to Cape May with my cousin Joan. They have lots of different shops that I love to browse through. We got there around 9 and Joan saw a little stand that sells homemade bread. Clay oven and wood fired. We saw a sign that said it opened at 10 but saw a line was already forming. So we parked and the people told us if we waited until 10, most of the bread would be gone! So we waited and I sat on one of the rocking chairs. They are two young girls, one who bakes the bread studied in Germany. They arrived around 10 of and we were the second people in line. Oh my goodness I could have bought one of everything, but I settled on one small everything bread, one sunflower and one smoked garlic. Joan and I both bought a multi grain chocolate chip, coconut muffin. We ate that as soon as we got in the car. HEAVEN.

We went into all the stores. I bought some amaretto coffee that is out of this world, a butterfly pendant that you can put DaVinci beads on and three DaVinci beads. We had a great lunch of cranberry chicken salad sandwich. We also indulged in some home made ice cream. It was called Uncle Charlie's. We had to stop there because my dad's name was Charlie and all the cousins called him Uncle Charlie. We both got Maine blueberries and cream. That was so good. We stopped at a Christmas store and I bought a little Christmas owl. I just love owls. Our last stop was an antique store and Joan pointed to just about everything and said she had it. It was her mother's stuff that she keeps in her garage. I made a huge purchase of a little troll doll with a whopping $1. She has rainbow hair, has one earring and is wearing a pink bikini. She just had to come home with me. She let me know her name is Tiffany. Yes I am certifiable. But I'm happy.

My little Zoey sprained her ankle badly and is wearing a cast and has to use crutches. Hopefully when the bruising is down a bit they can tell if there is anything broken by next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter