Animal Kingdom-does anyone else remember this show in Camp Minnie-Mickey?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I know some people don't even remember Camp Minnie Mickey, but if you do, there was a special Pocahauntas show once or twice a day where the animals were being trained. Perhaps they were just learning their parts, and the scene that they were in would be done over and over. Or some times there'd be an animal who hadn't performed well in a previous show and needed a little refresh. Some of the animals were newbies, getting used to the music, fellow actors, etc. Occasionally we would be asked to applaud at things, just so the animals got used to it. I really loved this training show. Does anyone else remember it?

I do.. I believe it was 2006.. I remember the ducks were not hitting their cues and such and so they had to stop the performance a little early. Still it was cute. I enjoyed the duck wandering through the audience during the show instead of being on the stage. grin.

Yes! I miss Camp Minnie Mickey. It was a great spot all in all -- first place our then 2-year-old daughter met Minnie :)

I believe the show was indeed called Pocahontas And Her Forest Friends and in the show Pocahontas would bring out forest animals such as hawks foxes raccoons and opossums and talk about them and it sounded like a nice show from what I've read about it. It's really a shame you don't see Pocahontas being promoted doing meet and greets much at Disney Parks and Animal Kingdom should do more promotion for Pocahontas and perhaps make a new Pocahontas show. Because I feel that Pocahontas is one of the underrated characters of Disney and she really needs another show

I saw the Pocahontas And Her Forest Friends show on Youtube and it was such a darling show and having the show start with Pocahontas singing Colors Of The Wind to start the show was so smart of Disney to do. I felt that her tree companion was cute but annoying and I think Kath Soucie did it's voice but it was wonderful to see Linda Hunt reprise her role as Grandmother Willow and she did it so well. Of course the real stars were the animals and they looked so cute and I adored Meeko as a real raccoon and he was adorable. Why Animal Kingdom got rid of this show is surprising because it was so cool and cute and as I mentioned in my other post Animal Kingdom should bring Pocahontas out more but it was such a nice show

....I definitely remember it! My middle DS was picked from the audience to play the drum to begin the show!
[I'm a baaaaaaad mommy though - I never even took one pic of it....:sad: ]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter