Animal Kingdom

Ciorsdah

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone

Got a silly question, I'm starting to really panic about all my reservations, especially one which I have at Tusker House at 8:15am.

I've been reading some tales on here about the car park not opening until closer to the park opening time, and I'm doing breakfast after running the Jamming Jungle 5K.

My DBF will be driving up to meet me in time for our reservation, but I'll be at the park anyway due to the race, so was planning on hanging around for him.

Do you think that the car park will be open in enough time for him to park the car and get to Tusker?

it should be, especially since there is a race. But it also might not be ...

From what I get, the opening time for the parking lot is very hit or miss.

I'd probably ask when I'm there, but I'd also consider the early disney bus as an option
I don't think there is a way to know for sure in advance.
If you're running the 5k, do you have any documentation (website or other) you probably should look at the webiste or info for the race or call Disney regarding this event. They might know

Love the Tusker House. It is my favorite breakfast at WDW. I would wager that the parking lot will be open since there is a race. Taking a bus is another good option to help with the walking time from the parking lot.

Are you running in the Jingle Jungle 5K on Saturday, November 9, 2013? Your post says Jamming Jungle so I thought I'd check. If you are...we're running too, if it's a different race after the one in November, I'll probably be able to give you more information when I get back. :thumbsup2

The car park should be open if the restaurants are open - I've certainly parked up at AK for just after 7.30am for an 8.15am breakkie ressie at Tusker House.

Yeah it's the Jingle Jungle 5k. I always get the name wrong!!

I'm really concerned that he'll miss the ressie cause I'm not sure he will get up in time to get the bus :-(

It's on my birthday as well

I don't see why the car park wouldn't be open if Tusker House is open. It is my DW and I's first time running in a 5K, my DD ran in the Princess Kids Race last year. I'll be the unfit guy on the floor unable to breathe! :rotfl2:

Hahahaha I'm sure you will do just fine!! I'm doing it mainly for the experience, I do a number of running events throughout the year (tough Mudder in a month eeeeek) but I'm by no means super fit!

Glad to hear that the car park was open that early for your breakfast :) has given me a wee bit of confidence back about the plans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter