Animal TV and Movie Stars

Mr. Ed?

Untitled-design-18-770x405.jpg

I grew up with Lassie, Mr Ed and Flipper. I remember crying my eyes out when Lassie on some episode was lost and trying to get home.

Many years ago, a friend and I were seatfillers at the CBS 50th Anniversary special.

We got to meet Lassie!! Who has aged rather well. Yes, I know it was her great-great-great granddaughter, but it was fun to see her anyway.

Yes, I know it was her great-great-great granddaughter, but it was fun to see her anyway.

Grand-son actually...! "Lassie" were/are all males. (I had collies growing up and followed all things Lassie as a result... still have a history of Lassie book that was published around 1995).

I was also fascinated by Keiko the orca, "Willy", and his life story.

I was definitely more into animal-related movies than anything else growing up.... Homeward Bound, Free Willy, Lassie Come Home, The Magic of Lassie, Fluke, Andre....

I liked Skippy the bush kangaroo. Hardly anyone I know even remembers, but it was an Australian show that aired for a short time in the US. I still remember the theme song. Similar to Lassie- a boy and his kangaroo, LOL.

My younger brother used to watch Skippy, so I have that song with me for life too!

Grand-son actually...! "Lassie" were/are all males. (I had collies growing up and followed all things Lassie as a result... still have a history of Lassie book that was published around 1995).

I was also fascinated by Keiko the orca, "Willy", and his life story.

I was definitely more into animal-related movies than anything else growing up.... Homeward Bound, Free Willy, Lassie Come Home, The Magic of Lassie, Fluke, Andre....

I never knew that Lassie was a boy! I should have guessed -- a woman would have told Timmy "You fall in the well one more time, you're on your own!!"

Also, a shout out to Morris the Cat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter