Annette's Diner - reviews

We eat here twice in summer of 2007 and were not disappointed.

On the first visit my brother went for The Incredible Burger. Four patties which if you clean your plate you get a free milkshake. The greedy brute was up to the challenge :rolleyes1 Our party was 4 adults and 3 children.
The rest of the orders were 2 child hot-dogs, child fish, Biggie Cobb Vegi-Vegi salad (mine and delicious although I couldn't finish it), The Euro Chick (chicken in a bun), The Green-Piece (Veggie pattie) plus non alcoholic drinks.
Total bill after shareholder 15% discount €119.62.

The next visit our party was 2 adults and 3 children.
Troops went for the same. I got the Double Rockabilly burger and Diane went yet again for Euro chick. Water and Fanta to drink.
We shared a Pam-Pam cake (pancakes and icecream) followed by coffee.
Total bill after the 20% AP discount coupon €75.32.

BTW I've added the child's menu to the front page :)

We went there on 15th Sept 2007 and didnt have to queue. The food was awesome and my two boys shared a meal. I was so full I didnt eat a dessert and after looking at some of the pics of desserts I regret it

Its definatley worth going

My brother in law thinks this he had the best burger ever & loved the restaurant. This is saying something as he is not a massive Disney fan.

I had been interested in eating there since our first trip, but was always a bit scared by the long lines. We (me, a friend and my sister, all mid-thirties) had planned to eat there on our first evening but eventually arrived too late to still be very hungry, so we mainly just had snacks.

We had nachos with melted cheese that came with guacamole and sour cream:

DSC01921.jpg

It looks quite greasy on the picture and it was, but then, melted cheese is greasy, so I really can't complain. The nachos were crunchy and tasty and the guacamole was good, too. It wasn't too sour like I find it often is in restaurants, so this was good!

We also had fried snacks. One type was brocolli, which strangely enough were not whole broccoli florets, but "shredded" broccoli in a white sauce shaped into little palm tree figures and th deep fried. The other thing was peppers filled with cream cheese. Those were quite nice, not hot at all!

DSC01923.jpg

We actually liked it, even though, to be honest, you might be able to buy this in a supermarket's frozen food section. But we were happy, for us it was a fun way to start our trip and we were not looking out for great cuisine!

The restaurant is really nicely themed and quite colorful:

DSC01920.jpg

We arrived at around 21:45 and there was still a line to get in. However, we did not wait too long. They also asked whether we wanted the full menu or just the dessert menu, so if you just want to have milk shake they won't throw you out!

Hi we ate here on 4 November and food was great! Recommend "Moms Chilli" although not served with rice! Shakes were very yummy too.

Nina

I am not a fan of 'American' food, so have always avoided this place. But the other night I decided to try a veggie burger via the takeaway.

I don't like doing hot takeaway food as it usually gets cold by the time I reach my room, but I am a VERY fast walker and got back to the Santa Fe very quickly.

The price was right - 10 Euros for a bottle of water, veggie burger and fries. The burger was 'okay', nothing special, and too much mayo to my taste. The fries had already gone cold, and were the thin type that I don't really like (I am not a french fry fan, but if I am going to have fries I prefer the Belgian style or 'steak cut' fries)

I doubt that I will be back - the sit down prices are quite high for food that I have to endure quite often when travelling in the United States, so I will in future choose some of the other restaurants more to my taste.

We ate here on our first night and loved it :thumbsup2 . We had standard meal vouchers and ordered from that menu which included a starter each, entree, dessert and fountain drink. They have a new simple burger which has avacado and bacon on this menu and we both ordered that plus onion rings and the nachos! We were to stuffed to order dessert and were given coffee instead which was nice after such a big meal.

Also I believe it was this past Saturday after Fantalusion Candlebration being quite tired we ordered from the take away menu then walked quickly back to our room a the Cheyenne. The food was just okay like Bavaria said. I was disappointed because there was no veg on the burger even though had I ordered the same in the restaurant I would have got it. However it filled a corner so to speak so that was good and it was nice having a meal in bed :goodvibes after such a long day!

IMG_3788.jpg

:thumbsup2 We ate here yesterday, didn't get any pictures though... We both had the Euro Chick bugger and i have to say it was the best meal we had eaten the whole trip! i would definitly recommend the milkshakes (the bannana one was the best!!!), our meal came to just under 40 euro which i thought was quite resonable and the service was excellent. Will def go back next trip... :thumbsup2

Thank you for the picture. Did you had to wait long to get a table?

Marcus it was our first night and we were tired after waking at 4:30am so we stood at the end (beginning?) of Main Street and left just before the end of Candlebration simply to avoid a long line. We were seated in a matter of minutes :).

Annettes gets a thumbs up from me too :thumbsup2 - we did have to wait around 15 minutes for a table (it was the busiest time of the evening though - just as the parks closed after Candleabration), but once seated, the service and food were great, very filling, and the kids menu has lots of choice.

Elaine

We ate at Annettes for lunch on our last day and it was really lovely. I had the onion burger and fries which was good although they did go overboard on the onions! DH had the cheeseburger and fries and it was wolfed down extremely quickly and DS has the childrens mini burger with fries. Included in the childrens price was a drink and a dessert too, he had the ice cream. DH also had a strawberry milkshake for dessert which he said was delicious!! Total bill with two cokes came to 51.95 euros. We went at about 12.15 and we were seated straight away and service was very quick. Definately worth a visit!

Tracy x

We ate here just the other day for lunch. Service & food were good, no singing or entertainment going on though.

My DD had the Cheeseburger -
2007-dlp2.jpg

I had the Avocado burger,
2007-dlp3.jpg

we also had some garlic bread

2007-dlp1.jpg

and for dessert we split a sundae with Carmel & chocolate sauce (delicious but I forgot to take a photo of it!) I also had a very tasty cappuccino.

We liked Annette's and would go back again.

We ate at Annette's Diner on our first evening. We left the park as soon as Candleabration ended and were expecting to find it difficult to get a table, as it seemed like half the park had the same idea. Having been up at 3am for an early flight, we were all extremely tired and hungry and didn't want to walk any further than the first place we came to. There were quite a few people in the restaurant but there were also a lot of empty tables - we were seated near the door immediately(a bit draughty and kind of on the edge of things).

A lot of people on this Board seem to rate Annette's highly and it was with their words in my head that I told the family to expect fast food but good quality. I don't know whether we were unlucky with our choices or just too tired to enjoy it, but none of us were overly impressed. I wouldn't say there was anything wrong with it, but our expectations were higher than the food we received. My sister had a chilli burger which was topped with a too generous portion of what looked like tinned chilli sauce (she scrapped it off and I have to admit I found it quite repulsive sitting there on the edge of the plate). The garlic bread was tasty but very hard. I had fish which was quite nice, but I tasted a piece of fish from someone else's plate during our last night at Cafe Mickey and there was just no comparison.

Having said all that, we did enjoy our evening, mainly because we were treated to several performances by the staff - some of them up on the bar. One waiter looked like he had been bullied into going up there and really didn't want to be there - but his awkwardness was entertaining too (shame on us). We also had a visit from a very pink Elvis - luckily he didn't stop at our table - we're much better at getting enjoyment from observation.

Overall, I would say that the food was tasty but not outstanding - if it was just a little bit cheaper and the same quality, or just a little bit better at the same price I would recommend it. Our other two evening meals were at Rainbow Cafe and Cafe Mickey, both of which I would rate higher, with Cafe Mickey getting the award for very good quality food and good value (if you include the character interaction).

Lucy

We ate here on Wednesday 24th October, when the Park was quite busy during Halloween season. We got in Annette's as the Parade was just starting in the Park, so there was no queue and we were seated straight away.

My daughter had toasted cheese sandwich and chips.

SSL13166.jpg

and a drink

SSL13164.jpg

I had a Eurochicken burger

SSL13167.jpg

and my husband had a bacon double cheese chilliburger

SSL13168.jpg

For dessert my daughter had waffle with chocolate sauce

SSL13172.jpg

and my husband and I had milkshakes, which were scrummy (mine was vanilla and caramel flavour, while his was vanilla and coffee).

SSL13173.jpg

The bill was 57.55 Euros after discount was applied.....and we were full to bursting. It was a very tasty meal and good value too.

The queue had really built up by the time we left as the parade had finished, so eat early would be my advice.

Been eating here since 1997 and never had a bad meal. I find the prices very reasonable and food plenty.

Highly reccomend the lemon coke it's coke with lots of real lemon in (so there are a few bits) but very tasty!

I only have a couple of pics so here goes:

Children get a souvenir cup for their drink, plus their menu folds into a little cadillace (hence the cardboard car on the table) and their meal arrives on an upturned frisbee for a plate so plenty of goodies to take home:

SUC53604.jpg

The Rock n Roll burger- a firm fave of mine

SUC53606.jpg

The double chillie cheese burger which my husband assured me was extremely tasty and confirmed it by the totally clean plate her left:

SUC53605.jpg

We ate here on the first night of our trip... We loved it!!

DLRP193.jpg

There was a small queue when we went in, but this was quickly cleared. We watched a roller-skating waiter while we waited! We were sat by a smiley server, and left to choose what we wanted:

DLRP194.jpg

Already having had a very large meal, we decided to just have mains. Another lovely server came across, and we ordered our meal.

Robert had Rock N Roll Burger, which he said was excellent:

DLRP198.jpg

And I had the Burrito Wraps:

DLRP199.jpg

These were gorgeous, but absolutely huge!

Just after our food arrived, one of the servers started shouting: "Is everybody ready to ROCK AND ROLL?!?!!!" and turned some music on- We were treated to a performance of Grease and Freedom!! I snuck down to the front for a quick photo of the dancing:

DLRP201.jpg

Sadly this picture doesn't catch the real energy of the performance... It was brilliant as the servers were all smiles and really enjoying themselves!!

When we'd finished our meal, we decided on something sweet as a nice finish to the day. We both had milkshakes:

DLRP203.jpg

Robert's was chocolate and Caramel, and mine was chocolate and vanilla. Both were really nice!

All in all, we loved Anettes!!

Bob xoxox

Great review and photos! I was disappointed nothing happened (entertainment wise) when we dined in December.

I love Annette's diner, we eat there usually the last night of each trip and it's so much fun and the food is always great quality. Son has gone from having burgers served to him on a frisbee to big grown up burgers and I always have the fish and chips which daughter usually shares with me while hubby tries a different burger each time. I love the whole theme of the place, the music, the roller skates and everything ... it's just so much fun :) When we were there in June when we came out we stood and watched Mickey and Minnie on the red carpet opening a new takeaway which looked like a retro caravan next door, it was so much fun watching them get out of their limo and do the whole red carpet with minders :banana: Can't wait to go back to Annette's for my fish and chips !

yum! we ate @ Annettes on Fri 8th Aug for lunch

very nice food and atmosphere

I had the avacado burger,very scrummy!
son # 1 had Eurochick burger meal
son#2 had the kids burger meal ,he loved the frisbee it was served in and the cup ,also the car / menu :)
hubby & our male friend had the ultimate burger ( i think its called ?) meal and the free milkshake lol ( loved the peanut butter one ! but dread to think how many calories!)
female friend had the chinese chicken salad,she said it was delish

we all enjoyed and i would eat there again :)

will add a few photos soon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter