Annoying coworkers

CdnCarrie

DIS Veteran
Anyone else want to vent today?
I really like my coworkers! One I have been friends with for over 20 years.

However two of them (including the friend) have young grandchildren and I am so tired about hearing about their grandchildren. Yes they are cute and I want to see pictures but holy overload lately.

Said friend/coworker just has one grandchild who lives with her along with the child's daughter. Never back in the day did friend talked about her kids this much.
Friday morning meeting was solid 15-20 minutes chatter between these two ladies about the grandchildren's Halloween costumes/activities.
And again on Monday morning - at least 15 minutes complete with photos being shared.
And again this morning...

Now it should be our supervisor at the meetings kind of wrapping up that chatter and getting back on track but she doesn't. And these 2 just seem to think we want to hear everyday every little cute story.
I get it that my friend is happy to have a grandchild and is coparenting but everyday at work it gets so tiresome. She was never like that when her own 2 were younger.

Anyone else have coworkers that are driving you a bit crazy this week?

However two of them (including the friend) have young grandchildren and I am so tired about hearing about their grandchildren. Yes they are cute and I want to see pictures but holy overload lately.

Said friend/coworker just has one grandchild who lives with her along with the child's daughter. Never back in the day did friend talked about her kids this much.
Friday morning meeting was solid 15-20 minutes chatter between these two ladies about the grandchildren's Halloween costumes/activities.
And again on Monday morning - at least 15 minutes complete with photos being shared.

Now it should be our supervisor at the meetings kind of wrapping up that chatter and getting back on track but she doesn't. And these 2 just seem to think we want to hear everyday every little cute story.
I get it that my friend is happy to have a grandchild and is coparenting but everyday at work it gets so tiresome. She was never like that when her own 2 were younger.

Long retired, but this would have driven me crazy.

I, too, have been especially annoyed by a co-worker this week! There's a particular teacher at the school where I work who has literally the most annoying laugh I've ever heard. On top of that, she always laughs and talks at full volume. Like I can barely stand to sit in the staff room and eat lunch when she is in there.

This week she is on morning drop-off duty. All she has to do is make sure kids are getting our of cars safely and keep the traffic moving. That incessant laugh echoes through the entire school! She's greeting kids and talking to families as they pull up, which is fine. But geez does she really need to break the sound barrier while she's doing it? There's a family that always pulls up with a very friendly golden retriever in the car. Usually the principal is out front in the mornings and the dog gets excited when he sees him. The principal always goes over to the car window to talk to the dog and pet him. So yesterday, the car pulled up and only the loud-talker was out there. She yelled the dog's name and he started barking a very unhappy bark. He went to the other side of the backseat where she couldn't reach him. As the car pulled away, she was talking to anyone and everyone passing by (including me!). "Wow! I don't know why he barked at me! Dogs usually love me! I love dogs! I wonder why he didn't want me to pet him? That was weird! I don't know what happened!" She was obviously embarrassed that the dog rejected her attention right in front of the school. I wasn't going to tell her the reason. :rotfl:

I, too, have been especially annoyed by a co-worker this week! There's a particular teacher at the school where I work who has literally the most annoying laugh I've ever heard. On top of that, she always laughs and talks at full volume. Like I can barely stand to sit in the staff room and eat lunch when she is in there.

This week she is on morning drop-off duty. All she has to do is make sure kids are getting our of cars safely and keep the traffic moving. That incessant laugh echoes through the entire school! She's greeting kids and talking to families as they pull up, which is fine. But geez does she really need to break the sound barrier while she's doing it? There's a family that always pulls up with a very friendly golden retriever in the car. Usually the principal is out front in the mornings and the dog gets excited when he sees him. The principal always goes over to the car window to talk to the dog and pet him. So yesterday, the car pulled up and only the loud-talker was out there. She yelled the dog's name and he started barking a very unhappy bark. He went to the other side of the backseat where she couldn't reach him. As the car pulled away, she was talking to anyone and everyone passing by (including me!). "Wow! I don't know why he barked at me! Dogs usually love me! I love dogs! I wonder why he didn't want me to pet him? That was weird! I don't know what happened!" She was obviously embarrassed that the dog rejected her attention right in front of the school. I wasn't going to tell her the reason. :rotfl:
Do we work together? Because I swear I work with that same person!
I’ve complained about her on here before. Her laugh is like an assault. The volume, the scream that accompanies it, and the fact that it is constant! Her office is right across from my classroom and it takes an enormous amount of maturity to not throat-punch her. Nothing is that funny, ever!
On Monday she was dressed up like an old lady for Halloween, and her attention-seeking old lady voice was 10,000 times more annoying then her regular voice. She also thinks it’s adorable to use very, very loud baby talk. She’s a real treat.

I don't have any issues with my coworkers at my current job. They're all friendly - I love seeing their pets during video meetings. At my previous job the worst thing one of my coworkers did was regularly steal food from the break room. I had to hide my food because it was getting ridiculous. Management knew about it and didn't care.

I also get you about people talking about their kids too much. I'm a childfree woman so I'm not super interested in kid talk. Thankfully my coworkers don't bring them up but my neighbors do during cul de sac parties. I totally get that parents love sharing photos and stories about their kids but as someone without kids it's really boring

I have a friend who says the same things over and over about Covid. Like, I already know your opinion. All too well. Once the convo starts going that way I try to find a reason to leave the room.

Well, the annoying coworker was actually pleasant all week. No rant here on the coworkers. They are stressed, he's new to the job he is covering, quality, because the quality guy is taking over lead since the lead is out in surgery. They are already stressed from trying to figure out their roles being both new and no one one there to support them and recently the job changed and they dropped a 4 man crew to a 2 man crew with the excuse that "you won't have to do this or that any more..." But the people they have new to do the "this and that" that the operators don't have to do don't do a dang thing. They goof off all day long, tell people no and walk away when something needs done, it's really boggling my mind. So essentially the operator folk who were already overworked with a 4 man crew are now just impossibly overworked doing the same thing with just 2.

That's what this economy gets you. "Meh, we need the bodies..." because you can't get rid of them since there's no one behind them saying, "Hey, I'll do the job and do it right for you."

I always figure if I find someone annoying then I’m sure someone else probably finds me annoying too. One person may find it tiresome to hear about someone’s kids’ every accomplishment, where another co-worker may get sick of hearing about another’s pets’s every move So I just try to remember what is important to someone may be different then what matters to me and just have a little grace for others. We can all be a little annoying at times no matter what we think.

I am closer to some of my coworkers than others, but there is only one I find annoying, and she is not annoying all the time. She is a very nice person and really good at her job, but anytime we have a team (small) or department (larger) meeting, she will always ask at least one question and sometimes several that apply only to her and would be better dealt with in an email or one-on-one conversation. When were all remote, it was great as you could just sign off of the meetings, but we cannot do that when we are in person. When a meeting is wrapping up, you see people tense up a little just waiting for the questions!

Retired 16 months ago, but always worked in "rat race" jobs that also were at odd hours with minimum staffing. Not much time in the work day to chat with my co-workers and not many co-workers around..

The one I have in mind is very well intentioned but she often complains when we are busy....ummm....we work in a job where if we aren't consistently busy someone is going to be let go so please, let's stay busy. Plus the day drags if it is a slow work day.

I'm probably the annoying co-worker but I'll vent anyway. I rent a booth in a salon and the owner is one of those people that can't wait for you to shut up so that she can talk about herself so she just starts talking more loudly over you. I've found myself trying to share a story and join in a back and forth conversation with her only to be exasperated because after re-starting my story for the 3rd time after being cut off, I just have to take a deep breath and say to myself, "Stop trying, she just does NOT care what you have to say" and move on. I try to work on the days that she is not there. She's also the type that you see making snide comments about your hair or your clothes to the other stylists there when your back is turned. You know how you can tell when someone has just said something about you when you turn around? Yeah, that. She hasn't changed her style in the 8 years that I've been working there but she constantly has to give a side look at the other girl in the salon whenever I change my hairstyle. Um hello...it's what we DO! Who wants to go to a stylist that's afraid to cut their own hair?

I like all of my co-workers and we get along well. We kind of have some rivalries with other departments however.

To be honest, I would have gotten up from the morning meeting and said "call me back when you are ready to begin the meeting, I have things I could be doing" and walked out.

Do you have to be attached to their hips all day long? If you're tired of hearing about them don't be around them. Seems like an easy fix.

To be honest, I would have gotten up from the morning meeting and said "call me back when you are ready to begin the meeting, I have things I could be doing" and walked out.

Do you have to be attached to their hips all day long? If you're tired of hearing about them don't be around them. Seems like an easy fix.
We work in the same shared office.

I'm probably the annoying co-worker but I'll vent anyway. I rent a booth in a salon and the owner is one of those people that can't wait for you to shut up so that she can talk about herself so she just starts talking more loudly over you. I've found myself trying to share a story and join in a back and forth conversation with her only to be exasperated because after re-starting my story for the 3rd time after being cut off, I just have to take a deep breath and say to myself, "Stop trying, she just does NOT care what you have to say" and move on.
Aaaah, the interrupter. I have one of those too. It doesn't matter if it is chit chat time where we are talking about our weekends or work related stuff. She is always cutting people off and over talking them with her own stories. And, it is not even like her comments are germane to the conversation in progress. Someone will be talking about where they went over the weekend and she will interrupt to tell about a car she is thinking about buying. I have given up even speaking when she is around.

Aaaah, the interrupter. I have one of those too. It doesn't matter if it is chit chat time where we are talking about our weekends or work related stuff. She is always cutting people off and over talking them with her own stories. And, it is not even like her comments are germane to the conversation in progress. Someone will be talking about where they went over the weekend and she will interrupt to tell about a car she is thinking about buying. I have given up even speaking when she is around.
That is so annoying!

And yes we are all annoying in our ways. But when you spend 40 hours a week with people sometimes you have to vent a little even if you like them. :)

People who try to impress the boss by asking important sounding questions during a meeting are the ones I find most annoying. It gets to the point where we can already predict that certain people will ask a question since they do it in every meeting. Guess they think the boss will be impressed but seems they mostly find them annoying.

The other type is the social butterfly who always wants to share gossip or gather more from other sources. I usually just ignore them or go get a coffee until they disappear to chat with someone else.

I do laugh at the ones who always talk about how busy they are since typically they are the ones doing the least amount of work. Or they can't focus on what needs to be done until close to the deadline and then they are behind in getting their assignments finished............LOL.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter