Annual Pass Price Increase Announced for Walt Disney World Starting 12/8 (NOT for Sale Yet!)

mrsap

DIS Veteran
Annual Pass Price Increase Announced at Walt Disney World

Disney World has announced that the price of an Annual Pass will be increasing. While most of the Annual Pass tier sales remain paused, there will be a price increase when sales resume. Note that the price changes will take effect December 8th, but Disney has not announced when they will begin selling Annual Passes again.

Here are the changes (via Scott Gustin):

• Incredi-Pass increasing from $1299 to $1399
  • Sorcerer Pass increasing from $899 to $969
  • Pirate Pass increasing from $699 to $749
  • Pixie Dust Pass remains $399

Again, sales of all Annual Passes except Pixie Dust Pass remain paused and a date has not been announced for the resumption of sales.

Seems like they making the same mistake that Disneyland made and not increasing the prices of the passes enough so demand and supply are in balance. The annual pass situation at Disneyland is a disaster.

Have they specifically said they will start new sales? This could just be the new price for those who already have annual passes.

It's really interesting that they have announced price increases to the passes - but still are only offering the renewals. They probably sold almost no passes at the prices listed above - because they weren't available! So does this mean perhaps there's a glimmer of hope they'll start reselling them again? Doesn't necessarily seem likely, but maybe! Just seems odd to make a big announcement for a ticket price increase - for a ticket they're not currently selling.

Have they specifically said they will start new sales? This could just be the new price for those who already have annual passes.
The prices they are quoting are the 'new' prices. For example, last year the full price of Sorcerer passes was listed at $899 plus tax, renewal was $764 plus tax. So these price increases are based on new purchases - which haven't happened for awhile now.

Annual Pass Price Increase Announced at Walt Disney World

Disney World has announced that the price of an Annual Pass will be increasing. While most of the Annual Pass tier sales remain paused, there will be a price increase when sales resume. Note that the price changes will take effect December 8th, but Disney has not announced when they will begin selling Annual Passes again.

Here are the changes (via Scott Gustin):

• Incredi-Pass increasing from $1299 to $1399
  • Sorcerer Pass increasing from $899 to $969
  • Pirate Pass increasing from $699 to $749
  • Pixie Dust Pass remains $399

Again, sales of all Annual Passes except Pixie Dust Pass remain paused and a date has not been announced for the resumption of sales.
So the renewals after Pearl Harbor day will be at the higher rate?

I perhaps there's a glimmer of hope they'll start reselling them again?
That is how I see this. They published the new prices so that they are ready when sales can begin. They want everyone to have these numbers in advance. I think this is the first step and sales will start soon. I really doubt Dec. 8th though, that's right for the busy holiday season. I would bet on Jan 10 (or somewhere around there) - after holidays and marathon weekend.

I have a current sorcerer pass (but of course have only paid the renewal rate). Nobody has paid this price in a while because they are only selling renewals.

I just renewed my incredipass, glad I made the cutoff before yet another price increase

What did you pay for your renewal? We have Incredipass as well and our renewal date is Jan. 12. We were going to renew when we are down at Christmas, but if the price for renewal is also going to jump $100, might try to do it early.

Based on current pricing, renewals were listed at 339, 594, 764, 1104 - plus tax. Not sure if new pricing will reflect a similar discount for renewals.

What did you pay for your renewal? We have Incredipass as well and our renewal date is Jan. 12. We were going to renew when we are down at Christmas, but if the price for renewal is also going to jump $100, might try to do it early.
Probably worth renewing earlier, since you're eligible. Likely to save you $85 or so per pass.

I thought this would have happened sooner (although glad it did not). I renewed my Pirate Pass in September and was looking at the ticket prices when walking into Animal Kingdom last week and saw a 4 day park hopper was more than my annual pass with the renewal discount.

Definitely renew now, looks like price increases doesn't take into effect until 12/8. With photo pass add on ($99) I paid $1265.22 total. So it was 15% off the $1299 plus photo pass.

IMO, Disney will start selling APs again soon because they want the huge boost in revenue. It'll be like printing money for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter