Annual Pass Price Increase Announced for Walt Disney World Starting 12/8 (NOT for Sale Yet!)

Don’t yell at me, I don’t know the ins and outs,but I renewed gold/sorcerer pass back in May in the nick of time. Truly thinking think was our last trip and going for two weeks, it was worth It. Fast forward to trip. I thought since it was a renewal, the pass was active, I go to gate. Nope.I had to go to GS. Ok, GS says, we have an offer for you. For $150 more, they will activate the pass that day and the year starts then. Not back in April on the renewal date. I went for it.

sure feels like a new ap to me. This was on Nov. 28.

Wow, never heard anything like that at any time. That would be a completely new policy. And it isn't at all what it says when you renew.

I renewed a few days before the increase. I checked MDE. There is still an option to renew. An additional incred pass shows up without any date info. It looks like I bought a new unactivated pass.

My existing pass expires early February

I renewed a few days before the increase. I checked MDE. There is still an option to renew. An additional incred pass shows up without any date info. It looks like I bought a new unactivated pass.

my pass was considered inactivated, thats why I had to go to GS. If I didn’t take the offer, it would have been activated from back in Apri

Wow, never heard anything like that at any time. That would be a completely new policy. And it isn't at all what it says when you renew.
Yeah, not something I asked for or expected. At the time I renewed, the difference between 10 day ticket and AP was about $80, that's why I renewed. But it wasn't like I was hoping for some pixie dust. I just thought go to GS , fix ticket and go into park.

I renewed recently too and mine don’t show a date on MDE on my phone. But when I called the Passholder line, the cm say the date and it was a year from my last pass.

$150 more means they are effectively selling you a new AP at full price instead of the renewal price. In the old days, you could always do this because the AP's didn't sell out. So it sounds like this is basically just letting someone buy a new AP instead of renewing. Still nice that they did it though.

IMO, Disney will start selling APs again soon because they want the huge boost in revenue. It'll be like printing money for them.
Wishful thinking but not going to happen. The only way to get the passes if to first get pixie - Florida residents only and then after a year you can upgrade to any level … including the ones not on sale. This will decrease the chance of Disney opening up the annual passes to the everyone.

$150 more means they are effectively selling you a new AP at full price instead of the renewal price. In the old days, you could always do this because the AP's didn't sell out. So it sounds like this is basically just letting someone buy a new AP instead of renewing. Still nice that they did it though.
Yes but why? Haven’t heard of this with anyone else.

Yes but why? Haven’t heard of this with anyone else.
Yeah it’s strange. It’s a policy that would effectively insert some quick cash into Disney at the expense of long-term AP renewal profits. On the other hand, they could always just restart selling AP’s whenever they want to make up for it, so who knows.

Wishful thinking but not going to happen. The only way to get the passes if to first get pixie - Florida residents only and then after a year you can upgrade to any level … including the ones not on sale. This will decrease the chance of Disney opening up the annual passes to the everyone.
Source?

Correct - upgraded pass won’t be active till old expires
My expiration date passed on Dec 1. We haven’t been to a park since. And MDE still does not show a date. I’m going to stop at GS to get new cards for the discount before going into the park. I assume once I tap in, the date will show. Last year the date showed in MDE as soon as we renewed.

Is the DVC renewal price reflected in the app or will it be cheaper if I call in to renew it? We have the Incredipass expiring in February. Thanks!

Is the DVC renewal price reflected in the app or will it be cheaper if I call in to renew it? We have the Incredipass expiring in February. Thanks!
You have to call to renew the sorcerer pass as a dvc member.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter