• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

Just be aware that the terms and conditions state one year…so, i would not go in expecting to be able to activate beyond that year…
Where is everyone even seeing an exp date? I see one on my single tickets/old tickets when using the app but nothing on my AP. It doesn’t have any date on it.

Just be aware that the terms and conditions state one year…so, i would not go in expecting to be able to activate beyond that year…
What do you mean? I have to activate within the year or just not to expect the blackout dates to remain the same beyond the next 12 mths?

Disney should have built a smoothly operating ticket buying reservation system just like that for Taylor Swift concert tickets. 🥸
Yesterday Marriott tweeted an offer to book something like 23 special seats for the NFL draft. Their system crashed for 2-3 hours shortly after.

After 2 hours on hold, was finally able to upgrade 8 day PH tickets purchased from UT. Only took about 10 minutes or so once I was connected. The CM was great but could tell that he was already stressed. So excited to finally have an Annual Pass. Thanks to everyone on here who keep posting what to expect and how they made out. Kept me expectations for hold times and who to actually call in check.

What do you mean? I have to activate within the year or just not to expect the blackout dates to remain the same beyond the next 12 mths?
Yes…vouchers are only good for one year and must be activated within that time…once you get to the one year, then all you have is the value toward a new ticket.

You can get a new AP, at the new price, but they need to be on sale. If they are not, then you can only use the voucher toward a ticket.

And, block out calendars can change…but traditionally, they have been the same unless it’s a pass chanfe like they did when they went from Gold pass to Sorcerer pass

For Sorcerer's Pass, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like on Disney's site the only blackout dates are Thanksgiving time and the 2 weeks of Christmas and NY? I do not see MLK, President's Day, Easter, blacked out. Am I seeing this correctly? I am considering buying because we aren't going Christmas, Thanksgiving or NYE the next 2 years, but I would want to go President's day weekend and a week in summer which would save us about $2000 on tickets.
You are correct on the blackout dates.

Where is everyone even seeing an exp date? I see one on my single tickets/old tickets when using the app but nothing on my AP. It doesn’t have any date on it.

The date is underneath the bar code…if there is nothing there, it defaults to one year from date of purchase if it’s an unactivated AP…

Now, if you bought a renewal and haven’t started that yet, there might not be a date, but will kick in once you get to the new year.

For example, my renewal had no date, until we got to March 3rd, when it kicked in and now shows that day expiring in 2024.

I felt like my purchase was fairly easy. It didn't work at 6am so I took a screenshot and went back to sleep figuring if it sold out I would argue with them that I was on as soon as I could and hope for an exception if it was sold out. I then got back on at 930 and got in the queue and then spent too much money as is my Disney tradition.

Mostly posted just to note a reminder that park reservations are tied to a ticket now. Not sure if it was necessary, but I cancelled my future reservations that were under other tickets (an old non-expiring pass that has days left) and re-booked the park reservations with the annual pass voucher in case anyone is in the same boat.
My wife has 8 days and I have 6 on our NE also water fun and more.I bought 2 AP's today and think we'll just run out our park days this year on the NE's before activating the AP's.

Yes…vouchers are only good for one year and must be activated within that time…once you get to the one year, then all you have is the value toward a new ticket.

You can get a new AP, at the new price, but they need to be on sale. If they are not, then you can only use the voucher toward a ticket.

And, block out calendars can change…but traditionally, they have been the same unless it’s a pass chanfe like they did when they went from Gold pass to Sorcerer pass
Thanks. Okay, so let's just say theoretically, I don't make it down before 4/13/24, I just use the value towards regular tickets?

Thanks. Okay, so let's just say theoretically, I don't make it down before 4/13/24, I just use the value towards regular tickets?

Or an AP if they are selling them. Basically, you never lose what you have paid toward another ticket…it’s just that it only gets to be an AP if you turn it into one Within that year.

It’s why I am not buying a new voucher yet. I want to try and get my renewal date back to fall and not in March…so, my goal is to buy one in September or October…then I won’t renew in March

Or an AP if they are selling them. Basically, you never lose what you have paid toward another ticket…it’s just that it only gets to be an AP if you turn it into one Within that year.

It’s why I am not buying a new voucher yet. I want to try and get my renewal date back to fall and not in March…so, my goal is to buy one in September or October…then I won’t renew in March

Is that just so the cost hits a different time of the year for your family budget? Is there any advantage to renewing at a particular time of year?

Disney should have built a smoothly operating ticket buying reservation system just like that for Taylor Swift concert tickets. 🥸
I've learned that IT outside of big tech is not really all that great. Big Tech gets the top line recruits from the universities and is willing to pay for other top line talent. Everyone else gets the B and C list IT professionals. Not saying they are bad, but companies like Disney and others outside of the Big Tech world just can't attract the same IT talent. Every tech kids dream out of college is to go work for Alphabet (Google) or some snazzy startup. The Disney name only goes so far and it seems Disney isn't willing to pay the big bucks to attract top talent.

Is that just so the cost hits a different time of the year for your family budget? Is there any advantage to renewing at a particular time of year?

Our trips are usually from September to March…with a potential in the summer now, but not always….so, if I can get fall back, it just is cleaner for me…and, once I get a new pass renewal date, then it could get to a time where it makes more sense to do new, and not renew…assuming I can do that with new passes still selling.

It’s what we always did…and it allowed us to do 2 passes to cover three years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter