ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

I too was up before 6am and had no high hopes for the first hour and half and had to go to work. Spend $500 on a gift card to use. Ended up dumping it in my DVC dues. Tried again after 9 and went into the queue. So I bought another $500 gift card. Good thing I bought one because it looked like I could not add more.
I had some no Disney gift card get used before and they did nothing. I use gift cards ASAP when I buy them from Target.
Was nice to see that I could make park reservations too. I thought I had to go to will call and then make them. Even made a few more on my 2nd trip. So saved $400 when I did the math on my 2 trips. Plus $25 in the gift card. After 12 years and I finally bought one of these. We only do once a year and every 3rd we do a cruise. We will be going more now.

got to purchase screen but gave me no option to get credit for the pixie passes that I already had .. which I thougt would be the case since Disney is so horrible on the IT and customer service side. I will re-evaluate if I want to even be a passholder anymore ... not really seeing the benefit.
I don't think upgrading already activated tickets or passes has ever been supported online.

2 hours 45 minutes on hold so far with DVC; 1 hour 43 minutes with ticketing and still waiting...

This is my problem too….we are not all getting treated equally somehow.

I got through the phone lines TWICE and was not allowed to upgrade a single ticket that I had just bought for that specific purpose (because reports were coming through as that was the only way to get it if not through MS).

I had to give up my in-cart sorcerer pass to buy said ticket (couldn’t check out any other way) and then when everyone with passes in their cart started getting checked out, my pass was obviously gone.

Now people who sort in til noon will hop on to say they got theirs in 2 minutes. Lol

Meanwhile, I’ve got 8-10 hours of work to do on 4 hours sleep.

I was also treated very rudely by chat and on phone. I get they’re busy but some need empathy training or something.
I am not saying this is definitely going on - but I would not be surprised if they have some sort of computer program running that calc's if they lose money selling you an annual pass taking into consideration how many times you are likely to go based on past history, how much you will spend etc.. vs others.

Again .. I am NOT saying this is what is going on.. just that I would not be surprised if it was since Disney has been very open over the past few years that it does not make as much money with annual passholder visits.

I'm in! I'm glad I took the redundant route-
my first call, to the 7639 number transferred me at 1 hour 45 mins, and I hung up as of 3 hours 18 minutes because my second call was picked up at 1 hour 42 minutes.

Does anyone else remember the 'olden days' when we had to pay per minute at peak rates for weekday long distance calls? That's something I don't miss!
I don't think the hold waits would be as long if that was still the case.. 🤑

I am not saying this is definitely going on - but I would not be surprised if they have some sort of computer program running that calc's if they lose money selling you an annual pass taking into consideration how many times you are likely to go based on past history, how much you will spend etc.. vs others.

Again .. I am NOT saying this is what is going on.. just that I would not be surprised if it was since Disney has been very open over the past few years that it does not make as much money with annual passholder visits.
LOL if the Disney IT department attempted this code - I am 100% positive it would be a disaster - they can't even do the basic websites never mind algorithms.

The main issue here is Disney's unnecessary drama surrounding the threat that sales can be paused at any time. Otherwise we would all just buy the passes whenever we need them. This "run on the bank" is entirely unnecessary. As I said elsewhere in this thread, they could sell every eligible DVC member a pass and it wouldn't make a dent in the turnstiles at Magic Kingdom. Why the threat that they're limited and may be paused at any time? The false scarcity just doesn't make sense for the DVC members anyway. I understand that they may need to limit sales to the public at large.

I think there are a couple in this thread, there was also another thread earlier with a few.
I was lucky and got through on the phone to ticketing at about 7:15am ET (I'm in Chicago, so it was 6:15am CT) and was able to buy two new APs. Website never worked for me. Got the character trifecta - Woody, Stitch, and the Dwarves -- before I got through on the phone.

The main issue here is Disney's unnecessary drama surrounding the threat that sales can be paused at any time. Otherwise we would all just buy the passes whenever we need them. This "run on the bank" is entirely unnecessary. As I said elsewhere in this thread, they could sell every eligible DVC member a pass and it wouldn't make a dent in the turnstiles at Magic Kingdom. Why the threat that they're limited and may be paused at any time? The false scarcity just doesn't make sense for the DVC members anyway. I understand that they may need to limit sales to the public at large.
As a wise man once said:

"I call that getting swindled and p***d, s***
I call that getting tricked by business."

Was on hold for 2 hours and 46 minutes then transferred, current hold time is over 2 hours but I do like this music better than hearing about Genie+ and Lightening lanes over and over.

they could sell every eligible DVC member a pass and it wouldn't make a dent in the turnstiles at Magic Kingdom. Why the threat that they're limited and may be paused at any time? The false scarcity just doesn't make sense for the DVC members anyway. I understand that they may need to limit sales to the public at large.
You're missing the point. This isn't about capacity, it's about money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter