Annual Passes Resume April 13 (DVC) April 20 (General Public)

I have a 2 day ticket for September that I opted not to upgrade when I purchased my AP yesterday, as I don't want to activate that until December. Do I need to do anything special when I go in September so that they use the tickets and not the AP?
I'm in the same position, I have tickets for May and opted not to upgrade when I purchased my AP on Thursday. My tickets are linked to my park reservations. I thought you have to first activate your AP at guest services before you can actually tap into the park, is this correct?

Are there any hidden or not well known benefits of being an AP?
@PalmettoPath wait...whaaaatttt??? There is an AP line to get in to each park??? My mind is blown. I didn't know this. Are they typically shorter or typically longer?

Yes, the Passholder Entrance Line (aka the golden tapstile) is one of my favorite perks. It’s so helpful during peak times…and just fun to feel VIP :)

There have been VIPassholder exclusive perks through the years like specialty food and merchandise, ride previews, discounted experiences, concert seatings, VIPassholder Nights, and etc. However, these perks are not guaranteed every year.

One I wish they’d bring back is the AP MB sliders. I have an old one, but would have loved a 50th version to go with the 50th AP card.

Here’s a link to the current AP perks offerings.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/experiences-perks-and-discounts/

I can activate my AP at Typhoon Lagoon correct? We’ll be in Disney next week and want to add on Water Parks and then spend the afternoon there.

Yes, Guest Relations is available at all 4 Walt Disney World theme parks, both water parks, Disney Springs and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.

Last edited:
Haven't read all so apologize if duplicate ... but that 20% off shopping discounts also works on all bottled drinks sold inside the shops. We will get our drinks there instead of kiosks, and save.

wait...whaaaatttt??? There is an AP line to get in to each park??? My mind is blown. I didn't know this. Are they typically shorter or typically longer?
Well .... don't get too excited.

- Since COVID we have found at least a few times each trip there is no AP entrance at a park.
- LOTS have APs so consider there is usually just one line for them, and lots of lines for all else ... it is often just faster to go to the shortest line.
- There is the misconception that only AP use the line - unfortunately even if just one person has an AP they will usually let the entire party through.
- Another misconception is that AP holders know how to scan their fingers quickly and efficiently, nope.

We just look for the shortest line as most guests will usually just follow everyone else and not look for the shorter lines.

I'm in the same position, I have tickets for May and opted not to upgrade when I purchased my AP on Thursday. My tickets are linked to my park reservations. I thought you have to first activate your AP at guest services before you can actually tap into the park, is this correct?

NEW annual pass = ACTIVATE AT GUEST RELATIONS OR TICKET BOOTH AND TAP INTO A PARK.
It is a voucher and is good to convert to an Annual pass within 1 year of date of purchase.

I was under the impression that the (1) year use expiration did away with vouchers. Therefore, NEW General Public APs are treated similarly to ticket media; tap and activate. And the only reason to visit GR is to pickup your AP card.

If that’s the case, the tapstile can accidentally take the AP instead of the ticket. Especially after 2 pm with no park reservation attached.

I do know NEW DVC & FL Resident APs are still required to verify eligibility at GR/Will Call.

Edited to quote you as well @MKgrlBDE

Last edited:
Another fun thing about having an AP is that when you tap in at the tapstile, Mickey lights up purple for a moment before turning green. Love this!

And, yes, what @HopperFan said--many people in the AP entrance line are just as inept at tapping in as anyone else. And of course there can always be problems anyway, no matter how experienced someone is. I've had trips where they had to call over someone every single time I tapped into a park. I have no idea why. Same finger, same MB, same AP--but not working for me.

Anyway, everyone, enjoy your new APs! I'm so happy they made them available again.

I was under the impression that the (1) year use expiration did away with vouchers. Therefore, NEW General Public APs are treated similarly to ticket media; tap and activate. And the only reason to visit GR is to pickup your AP card.

If that’s the case, the tapstile can accidentally take the AP instead of the ticket. Especially after 2 pm with no park reservation attached.

I do know NEW DVC & FL Resident APs are still required to verify eligibility at GR/Will Call.

Edited to quote you as well @MKgrlBDE

NEW annual passes without a ticket or previous active annual pass upgrade/onversion and also NOT a renewal are still issued as vouchers and you have 1 year to activate that NEW purchase pass or it goes to a credit. NEW only! The 1 year use is one year from the time it becomes the current active pass until it expires. These are two different one year periods. NEW ones are still issued as a certificate/voucher. I just bought two incredi-passes as vouchers. I have two current pixies for DH and I that are still active. The NEW incredi-passes are vouchers and we will have to go to Guest Relations to get new cards and show our IDs and method of payment. It has nothing to do with Florida residency or DVC. NEW -- not a renewal or an upgrade -- is a voucher. When I was on the phone Thursday, the CM on the passholder line was fully aware of my current, active Pixie passes and reminded me that when I wanted to start the Incredi-passes I would have to go to GR for a new passholder card and to tap-in to start the incredi-passes with that new card. Other people may have requested something different -- like linking it in their MDE or whatever. I bought purely NEW APs that require a GR visit and a tap-in activation to start the use year. I can wait a year from 4/20/23 to do that and then use them for 1 year after first use.
I bought two brand new APs (incredi-passes) on Thursday and just received an email this morning saying I can go straight to the gate as long as I make a park reservation and have some form of media set up to scan my pass (MagicBand, MagicMobile, etc.).

This is the URL for the browser view of the email:
http://m.passholder.disneydestinati...mJ4i7Tts0jQ4RpI=&CMP=EMC-1765056443|365362159

NEW annual passes without a ticket or previous active annual pass upgrade/onversion and also NOT a renewal are still issued as vouchers and you have 1 year to activate that NEW purchase pass or it goes to a credit. NEW only! The 1 year use is one year from the time it becomes the current active pass until it expires. These are two different one year periods. NEW ones are still issued as a certificate/voucher. I just bought two incredi-passes as vouchers. I have two current pixies for DH and I that are still active. The NEW incredi-passes are vouchers and we will have to go to Guest Relations to get new cards and show our IDs and method of payment. It has nothing to do with Florida residency or DVC. NEW -- not a renewal or an upgrade -- is a voucher. When I was on the phone Thursday, the CM on the passholder line was fully aware of my current, active Pixie passes and reminded me that when I wanted to start the Incredi-passes I would have to go to GR for a new passholder card and to tap-in to start the incredi-passes with that new card. Other people may have requested something different -- like linking it in their MDE or whatever. I bought purely NEW APs that require a GR visit and a tap-in activation to start the use year. I can wait a year from 4/20/23 to do that and then use them for 1 year after first use.

Then there seems to be conflicting information being shared across the web regarding NEW General Public APs. Specifically, post-Covid with (1) year use dates.

In addition to my active Incredi-Pass, I have a pre-Covid voucher that expires 2099 (not 2030), so already know that one requires a visit to GR/Will Call.

Anyway, the context of the prior posts were ticket prioritization, and dummy names is the best way to keep media safe and separate.

I bought two brand new APs (incredi-passes) on Thursday and just received an email this morning saying I can go straight to the gate as long as I make a park reservation and have some form of media set up to scan my pass (MagicBand, MagicMobile, etc.).

This is the URL for the browser view of the email:
http://m.passholder.disneydestinations.com/nl/jsp/m.jsp?c=@QiFE+uciI6R9BcD3W3Nkap3NxAbOmJ4i7Tts0jQ4RpI=&CMP=EMC-1765056443|365362159

Thank you @beesly for sharing! :)

Last edited:
Curious, does anyone's Incredi-Pass purchased the 20th say the expiration date is December 31st 2024? Mine once said April 19th 2024, I think, but now today says December :confused3

Curious, does anyone's Incredi-Pass purchased the 20th say the expiration date is December 31st 2024? Mine once said April 19th 2024, I think, but now today says December :confused3
Where do you see this? I'm on the Disney World app (no longer MDE) and it doesn't show me an expiration date on my Tickets and Passes section. The fine print in email confirmation after purchase says you have 1 year from the date of purchase to activate.

We did not get an email confirmation but have always received one in the past. (This is not a renewal. We let last ones lapse, so this is new purchase.) The APs do show in MDE. Thanks!

Even on some of those passes, it just turns into a credit one year after purchase. Call (407) 939-7277 for the passholder line to clear up any questions.
On my receipt email, the fine print is pretty clear that if you don't activate within a year it's gone.

" A Pass will expire if it is not activated within one (1) year from the date of purchase, and upon expiration, such expired Pass may no longer be activated or have park reservations scheduled for it, and any existing park reservations for such Pass will be cancelled. No refunds will be given. The original Pass may not be transferred, and the amount paid for the original Pass may not be redeemed for cash or be used for any other purpose other than the purchase of another Pass or ticket."

On my receipt email, the fine print is pretty clear that if you don't activate within a year it's gone.

" A Pass will expire if it is not activated within one (1) year from the date of purchase, and upon expiration, such expired Pass may no longer be activated or have park reservations scheduled for it, and any existing park reservations for such Pass will be cancelled. No refunds will be given. The original Pass may not be transferred, and the amount paid for the original Pass may not be redeemed for cash or be used for any other purpose other than the purchase of another Pass or ticket."
That last part sure sounds like the amount paid can be used to purchase another pass or ticket - it specifically says that is the only thing you can do with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter