Another Airline Spinoff

I loved PSA. I read that SW followed PSAs way of working (the stewards attitudes, etc).

Only Northwest. Did it back in the late 90s on a visit to Chicago. Weird too as we got a good fare, but the return flight to San Francisco was through Detroit.

I guess the other defunct airlines I've traveled on were Pacific Southwest Airlines, CAAC Airlines, and Reno Air.

PSA (bought by US Airways):

800px-Pacific_Southwest_Airlines_L-1011_N1079.jpg

800px-CAAC_Boeing_747SP_B-2444_CDG_1981-10-26.png

800px-Reno_Air_N823RA.jpg

I never was that elite at Continental, but I made it to Gold one year. The thing is, I didn't earn the necessary miles. I was upgraded from Silver because apparently I was one of the top 5% of Continental's passengers out of Philadelphia. I also got an upgrade from bronze to silver one year for the same reason.

The last year I did a lot of travelling, I didn't make it close to the miles necessary for Platinum, but they gave me one extra year. I think they just thought it was an anomaly and I'd earn it the following year, but at that point of my career, I was pretty much done travelling for work. I enjoyed the one last year as elite, however. ;)

Yes, AirTran was purchased by Southwest, primarily to get access to gates in Atlanta. AirTran had a small hub there.

I never was that elite at Continental, but I made it to Gold one year. The thing is, I didn't earn the necessary miles. I was upgraded from Silver because apparently I was one of the top 5% of Continental's passengers out of Philadelphia. I also got an upgrade from bronze to silver one year for the same reason.

Were such ticket books good on any PSA flight, or only those between the city pairs purchased? For example, could you also use them to fly to/from San Diego instead of Los Angeles?

ffd1e0b7bb9c75d3a87f57a2527cd020.jpg

I like Continental's globe livery better than anything United ever had.

Or maybe United should have used Continental's old logo.

united%20airlines%20livery%20shading%20jpg2.jpg

Those are fighting words to some people!!!!

There are whole facebook groups dedicated to the "United Tulip"
In the merger, they kept the United name, but pretty much everything else - the globe, the CEO, the reservations system, came from Continental.

Another defunct airline that I flew was Republic. I remember flying from Indy to Portland, Oregon, in I believe 1986. This airline was in operation from 1979 to 1986. There is now a regional Republic Airline located in Indy, but different from the earlier Republic.

My first flight was on Continental. I was 19 and traveling by myself from Omaha to El Paso. Northwest was my favorite for several years. I remember one trip I think was with them. I went from Omaha to Buffalo. After my visit in Buffalo was over I was going to Midland, Texas for a few days. That day I had 5 take offs and landings to get to Midland. I think I actually changed planes twice. Needless to say it wasn't a common route!

US Air
Continental
TWA
PanAm
Eastern - Was in Jamaica when they went bankrupt. We were stuck there and had to find our own way back home!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter