Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

I'm feeling rather melancholy as it was a year ago this Friday we flew to Oklahoma to see our granddaughter. Seen a lot of her since in pics but not to hold her and love her.

Aw man, I'm sorry. Any chance you could make another trip? Far as I know Oklahoma isn't in the no-fly zone:crazy: Besides you could go check on King Schultz. I think that's tax deductible.:flower1: Hope you get to see her soon:hug: You FaceTime don't you? The only reason we get to see our DGDs so much is that we were getting ready to make a move for DW's job and when DDs location was mentioned as a possible place to relocate there was no looking back. Well I still look back to Central Florida as a place to live, but we sure enjoy being in our DGDs lives.

Aw man, I'm sorry. Any chance you could make another trip? Far as I know Oklahoma isn't in the no-fly zone:crazy: Besides you could go check on King Schultz. I think that's tax deductible.:flower1: Hope you get to see her soon:hug: You FaceTime don't you? The only reason we get to see our DGDs so much is that we were getting ready to make a move for DW's job and when DDs location was mentioned as a possible place to relocate there was no looking back. Well I still look back to Central Florida as a place to live, but we sure enjoy being in our DGDs lives.

Our dgs in the post above, has been seen by his mother's family only twice in his young almost 11 year life. They live in Germany, and will see him for the 3rd time in Sept. at his Uncle's wedding. Bittersweet... sigh.

Last edited:

You're a sweetie, Ron, you really are. :hug: I would go visit him and family and look for our thread starter again in a heartbeat but he's waiting to get out of the Air Force and move into a job with the FAA.........so we have no clue when and where that will be. Hopefully in the next couple of months. You know I'll keep you ALDIOs all informed. :)

Cont'd...

After dinner it was back in the pool then, we joined my db, dsil, and gnephew in their room for the Fireworks display over the Falls 'cause remember... THEY had a room with a view! pixiedust:

AND, the best for last, on our last day because it was my very favourite activity! The Skylon Tower for Dinner. :)
IMG0523A.jpg IMG0522A.jpgIMG0524A.jpg

American Falls!

IMG0525A.jpg

Canadian Falls :)

Last edited:

Jane, thanks for sharing the pics. If we ever get to see the falls, I'm coming to you for all the must-do tips.

You are very welcome! I'm always concerned that I may share too much information here, and bore Disers.

On an important note:. Do not place your wallet on the stationary shelf near your table in the Skylon. It may be a horrible lesson to learn. Our server told us the story after I'd asked, of a newly wed couple; whom placed their guest gift money envelope down, and all $7,000. was then gone! :( when the rotation went through the 1 1/2ish hr run!

Btw, I do not carry a wallet, :duck: and Dh caught or rather our dgs reached back beside him, and retrieved it. My Dh had placed it there when the bill arrived, and he was not thinking about the rotation while reading the bill. :)

Last edited:
Cute story, that Dgs thought was, in his words, too funny!

We'll call it "Elevator Man."

To start it off, those whom have gotten to know me here will agree, as will my Dh confirm, I'm never at a loss for words! :rotfl:

On our recent Niagara Falls trip as "Tourists" when in fact we live 45 minutes from NF; had we three share an elevator with just one man (I love it when that happens!) on arrival. He was dressed immaculately, all suited up. I simply said Hello, he nodded. Then, he got off apparently on the wrong floor because our door opened again, and there he was albeit, now a tad embarrassed. We all said nothing well, at first 'cause I. Can. Not... I said something about hoping we all didn't end up riding elevators all the days long until it would be time to go home, and we'd then have our bearings. Something like that, he agreed with a smile, and a nod.

A few hours later on entering the elevator again, yup there he was only now in casual attire, more relaxed, and spoke the usual pleasantries. However, this bumping into him when using the elevator kept occurring. So... on what would turn out to be our last ride together and, after the doors opened, he did a side step while in the elevator laughing while pointing (You three... again!) at us. So... I said once we were on, OK! So... NOW, we HAVE to introduce ourselves! He had regained his composure, and introductions were made, hands shaken. Our dgs (10) may well had just experienced his first!

We shared the usual where we are from, he from California to NF on a business trip but, bringing his family next trip; As he was enjoying the sight seeing so very much. I explained that we were locals well, 45 minutes from the Falls, and brought ___ to be "Tourists" once a year for a couple of nights. He then said to ___ you're a lucky young man. We (Dh, Dgs, & I) exited the elevator, he wished us a continued fun trip, and told Dgs to take care of his Mom! I said: Oh, Heavens NO! You're too kind, I'm his grandmother, and that we leave HIS PARENTS at home each visit! I gave a thumbs up, he gave a thumbs up, and once again was laughing as the elevator door closed.

That was the last time we were to see "Elevator Man" as our Dgs referred to him during the rest of our stay. pixiedust:

Last edited:
I was probably under the weather AGAIN... sigh; And didn't see you! :umbrella: = under the weather :teeth:

Okay, so we got back a week ago, but I honestly didn't have the energy to wave on our flight back. I think I may have seen you, but I'm not sure. :yay:We were up at 2:30 am and flew all day in order to get back around supper/dinner time.

We spent about 2-1/2 weeks back home, visiting with both sides of the family and hitting a four day family reunion over the long weekend. It was so wonderful to be back on the prairies, seeing everybody, and going shopping for some of the things we can't get in the States. Superstore had some great-looking reusable shopping bags that I just had to pick up and I brought some back for my daughter as well. I also re-discovered Moritz Icy Squares at Bulk Barn. I had forgotten all about them as I hadn't eaten them in years. Shopping at Bulk Barn I was like a kid in a candy store! They had all of the candies from my childhood and I just had to grab a few of each. I managed to fit some Goodhost and Hickory Sticks into my luggage, but we didn't have room this trip for anything large, so the Shreddies, Old Dutch chips and other bulky items had to stay behind. We keep saying that we are going to plan a run to Montreal or somewhere at some point mainly to grocery shop for all of the larger boxes of stuff that it doesn't make sense to fly back with...we just need to head north, fill the trunk, and then keep ourselves in cereal, chocolate bars, and snack foods for the rest of the year.

Of course that is the good part of our trip. On the downside, a few days after we left, the internet went down at our house, which meant that I couldn't receive any of my forwarded emails for two weeks and then after we got back, we were without use of any of our devices that required wi-fi as well as our TV, since we rely on Netflix for all of our viewing needs. It took several days before we could have the technician out to fix things. Trust me when I say that the withdrawal was terrible, but I survived and we are finally settling back in to our routines again.

I hope you are feeling better by now and are enjoying what is left of summer.

Okay, so we got back a week ago, but I honestly didn't have the energy to wave on our flight back. I think I may have seen you, but I'm not sure. :yay:We were up at 2:30 am and flew all day in order to get back around supper/dinner time.

We spent about 2-1/2 weeks back home, visiting with both sides of the family and hitting a four day family reunion over the long weekend. It was so wonderful to be back on the prairies, seeing everybody, and going shopping for some of the things we can't get in the States. Superstore had some great-looking reusable shopping bags that I just had to pick up and I brought some back for my daughter as well. I also re-discovered Moritz Icy Squares at Bulk Barn. I had forgotten all about them as I hadn't eaten them in years. Shopping at Bulk Barn I was like a kid in a candy store! They had all of the candies from my childhood and I just had to grab a few of each. I managed to fit some Goodhost and Hickory Sticks into my luggage, but we didn't have room this trip for anything large, so the Shreddies, Old Dutch chips and other bulky items had to stay behind. We keep saying that we are going to plan a run to Montreal or somewhere at some point mainly to grocery shop for all of the larger boxes of stuff that it doesn't make sense to fly back with...we just need to head north, fill the trunk, and then keep ourselves in cereal, chocolate bars, and snack foods for the rest of the year.

Of course that is the good part of our trip. On the downside, a few days after we left, the internet went down at our house, which meant that I couldn't receive any of my forwarded emails for two weeks and then after we got back, we were without use of any of our devices that required wi-fi as well as our TV, since we rely on Netflix for all of our viewing needs. It took several days before we could have the technician out to fix things. Trust me when I say that the withdrawal was terrible, but I survived and we are finally settling back in to our routines again.

I hope you are feeling better by now and are enjoying what is left of summer.

It rained here today but, that's not new as it rained here yesterday too! It has rained all summer, a lot! :umbrella:

Your vacation sounded wonderful! Glad you're connected again! Talk, L8R.

Last edited:

Oh, I believe you!! We're heavily reliant on our gadgets here too!

Just wanted to pass on that I sent Willy an e-card for his birthday earlier in the month, still not picked up. Sure hoping and praying all is well with Willy.

That was very thoughtful of you. I realized a few days ago that we are coming up on a year of him being off the boards. I am also hoping that he is doing okay and that he will find his way back here someday. His presence is definitely missed.

Going to a funeral this afternoon (Dh) of one of my friends; Her husband passed on Monday, he was only 60 years young... sigh. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter