Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

^^Micca: It's early, and I've not had my 2nd 'cuppa yet so.. I missed that that's exactly(?) what you already said in your post!!

.....and the captain?? :love:

Welcome back!!! :sail:

No Jack sparrow look alike, sadly :sad: Actually, there wasn't a single man who I thought was hot onboard which is rare for me. I usually find at least one attractive man to use as eye candy.

My nearest costco is a few hours away, although I think one might have opened up an hour and a half away come to think of it. Might google. Nope, set to open early 2018.

How long do I have left to do this trip report before you lot destroy all my hopes and dreams?

No Jack sparrow look alike, sadly :sad: Actually, there wasn't a single man who I thought was hot onboard which is rare for me. I usually find at least one attractive man to use as eye candy.

My nearest costco is a few hours away, although I think one might have opened up an hour and a half away come to think of it. Might google. Nope, set to open early 2018.

How long do I have left to do this trip report before you lot destroy all my hopes and dreams?
Which ones exactly (hopes and dreams, I mean)? Depending on what they are, we'll take them out in order of importance. We might let you cling to a couple of the trifling ones for a while...:rotfl2:

Yikes! This morning I could not get the temperature in the shower with the usual setting. DH said it has something to do with the sudden drop in the outside temperature over night, and that our Thermal (pond) System had to work too hard. It was fine later in the day.. :thumbsup2 But, then our Smart TV (which I referred to on many occasions as the Stupid/Smart TV much to dgs's laughter) would not turn on. We trouble shot but to no avail shoot!... sigh. I wonder if I may expect a third happening today!? :sad2:

Yikes! This morning I could not get the temperature in the shower with the usual setting. DH said it has something to do with the sudden drop in the outside temperature over night, and that our Thermal (pond) System had to work too hard. It was fine later in the day.. :thumbsup2 But, then our Smart TV (which I referred to on many occasions as the Stupid/Smart TV much to dgs's laughter) would not turn on. We trouble shot but to no avail shoot!... sigh. I wonder if I may expect a third happening today!? :sad2:
Did you try unplugging the tv from the outlet for a minute or two? Might be worth a try. Any reason to think your tv would be on the blink?(Could have been damaged in a power surge, or maybe it's just old & worn out?)

Did you try unplugging the tv from the outlet for a minute or two? Might be worth a try. Any reason to think your tv would be on the blink?(Could have been damaged in a power surge, or maybe it's just old & worn out?)

We performed all 4 trouble shooting suggestions. It is only about 1 1/2 years old. I personally think it's the brand but, don't tell DH that!

We performed all 4 trouble shooting suggestions. It is only about 1 1/2 years old. I personally think it's the brand but, don't tell DH that!

Well I hope you have a backup set. No fun being without tv on a cold weather weekend!

Well I hope you have a backup set. No fun being without tv on a cold weather weekend!

The original is back on the wall the Stupid/Smart TV is stored away until next week when we have time, and can scrutinize the receipt, and paper work for warranty ie. But I bet the part that went is no longer under any warranty.

I'd say it's pretty industrious of you to replace your old set on the wall. I'd have probably drug out an old coffee table to set it on until we figured out what to do with the broken set. :)

Looks like I'm due for a new tv, my 10 yr. old set has a fatal issue. It functions but everything is really green:tilt:

Last edited:
I'd say it's pretty industrious of you to replace your old set on the wall. I'd have probably drug out an old coffee table to set it on until we figured out what to do with the broken set. :)

Looks like I'm due for a new tv, m7 10 yr. old set has a fatal issue. It functions but everything is really green:tilt:

We had to 'cause our beloved Toronto Maple Leafs were playing last night! IMG_00000370.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_00000370.jpg
    IMG_00000370.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 0
Update: Although we are still in the warranty time frame. In the very small print the Smart TV had to have been bought in the USA. We bought it here in Canada. Probably will not matter but, DH is going to talk to the retailer tomorrow... sigh. :headache:

Last edited:
Carrying on from my previous post. We arrived at Brisbane safe and sound, most boring two hours of my life as I forgot to put new music on both my phone and mp3 player and couldn't be bothered to read. Jetstar is the second from bottom airline of choice as they offer no bags, snacks, drinks, entertainment unless you pay for it. I much prefer Southwest. They also randomly weight carry on luggage and are pretty strict, one gram over the 7kg limit and yep, pay for it to be checked. Asses.

Checked into the hotel, which is a dump. I wish I'd taken some photos of the black mold in the bathroom and paint peeling off the walls. However, as I was on a budget and it was less than 5km to the airport and about 600 metres to the cruise terminal, I sucked it up. The rate was with continental breakfast, basic cereals and toast with either jam or vegemite (spew) spreads. And coffee and tea. There was a pool though, which was handy later on. For dinner that night we wandered off to Portside and grabbed fish and chips for dinner, I pay around $25-35 for the four of us in town - this very special fish and chips came to $62. SMH.

Went to bed. Slept zzzzz. Woke up just in time to see the Dawn arrive at the terminal, that was pretty cool. Photo is dire as I was standing in the car park and had to enlarge it.
23517728_1739849986034909_4299601154863185539_n.jpg

Strolled down to the terminal, we had early boarding at 1030am. Boarding was super smooth, much easier and quicker than we had on Princess. They were also very strict with boarding times and were refusing people if they had a different time slot. Sailed through customs and all that, nothing to say here. then we went straight to the Waterfront restaurant to book an early dinner slot, apparently these go very quickly and can't be done beforehand for some unknown reason, anyway we got 6pm which was perfect. From here we split up and found our rooms, my mum and sister were on deck 6 midship. We were on 9, and the fourth cabin from the front eek. Our room was a standard quad room, there were plenty of drawers, and a reasonable amount of hanging space - light on hangers though.

From here we went and had lunch in The Pantry. P&O Oz have removed buffets and replaced them with mini food courts. I actually really like it. There was plenty of variety from Asian, Mexican, Mediterranean, Sandwich and salad bar, Indian, Fish bar, Roast bar, and Dessert bar. Some things remained the same, but a lot of things changed daily. the sandwich bar changed at night keeping the salads, removing the sandwiches and replacing them with cheeses and soup. I was quite impressed, the only negative was it closed at 9pm, and sometimes earlier. So no late night snacking unless you bought something from the grill (ugh).

I then registered all the kids into kids club and raced to the bar.

Sorry, I was thirsty.
23519347_1739857756034132_8854527692482627700_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter