Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Sounds like you're well organized and ready for a great trip. Being off the grid can be a good thing but if you get a chance we'd all love to hear from you. Any Halloween parties during the trip?
Apparently a halloween party on Tuesday I've only packed headbands, masks, and jewelry. They also have a Gatsby party (one of the formals) cocktail night, and white night. I've just packed semi formal stuff for dining room and cocktail dress.

I've been yp since the crack of dawn drove to Melbourne to have an early lunch at my parents. Collected mum and sister and are currently sitting at the terminal waiting to board.

Flying Jetstar which is a budget airline, a small step up from Tiger Airlines. I had to do all the bag chq in and bag tagging myself. I'm used to someone else doing it :D Thankfully the kids have flown with them loads of times.

I've been yp since the crack of dawn drove to Melbourne to have an early lunch at my parents. Collected mum and sister and are currently sitting at the terminal waiting to board.

Flying Jetstar which is a budget airline, a small step up from Tiger Airlines. I had to do all the bag chq in and bag tagging myself. I'm used to someone else doing it :D Thankfully the kids have flown with them loads of times.

Will you be flying the jet, too!?!:thumbsup2:wave:

Back online after most of the day with cable and internet down due to a storm. (At least the power wasn't out in general, thankfully.) It's amazing how clean my house gets when I can't DIS, though! I did both bathrooms, swept, and even changed sheets. But I'm out of ambition now to do any of the things I was supposed to do that involved the computer.

Back online after most of the day with cable and internet down due to a storm. (At least the power wasn't out in general, thankfully.) It's amazing how clean my house gets when I can't DIS, though! I did both bathrooms, swept, and even changed sheets. But I'm out of ambition now to do any of the things I was supposed to do that involved the computer.

Sorry you were without the DIS. I have a cleaning lady so when I don't have the DIS, I read more or talk on the phone more. :) Welcome back!

Here I am after almost a week in darkness. On Monday 9/30, we had a big rain and windstorm, and our power went out around 9am. We got it back at 7pm on Saturday night. We missed Trick-or-Treating on both Halloween AND on the alternate date of Friday night (towns were suggesting that kids wait until Friday as there were a lot of trees down, power off, lines down, no street lights, etc.). The frustrating part is that half our street, and all the downtown/MainSt. area surrounding us, had their power back by 5pm on Monday. The streetlight across from our drive shone into our front hallway all week, the neighbors 2 doors down had electricity, but we had NO POWER. I was lucky enough to be able to store most of our frozen meat with a friend, and we've had a bunch of dairy foods on ice in the coolers all week, but I've lost all our produce, condiments, dressings, frozen veggies, pastas, pizza, meals-in-a-bag, etc. We've been showering at the gym, and it was unseasonably warm during the days this week (but cold at night) so we could keep the house at a reasonable temp and still keep the ice-loaded coolers cold. HOWEVER... today I am doing laundry, cleaning the fridges out (couldn't do it in the dark with cold water), deciding what cooler foods need to be cooked/saved/pitched, etc. I know it could have been worse- anyone on a well had no pump, so no running water/toilets- and we are nowhere in the shape of Puerto Rico, but it's been a long, cold, dark week. Looking forward to the next few days and getting our lives back to NORMAL! (and we have all the Halloween candy as consolation...)

Last edited:
Here I am after almost a week in darkness. On Monday 9/30, we had a big rain and windstorm, and our power went out around 9am. We got it back at 7pm on Saturday night. We missed Trick-or-Treating on both Halloween AND on the alternate date of Friday night (towns were suggesting that kids wait until Friday as there were a lot of trees down, power off, lines down, no street lights, etc.). The frustrating part is that half our street, and all the downtown/MainSt. area surrounding us, had their power back by 5pm on Monday. The streetlight across from our drive shone into our front hallway all week, the neighbors 2 doors down had electricity, but we had NO POWER. I was lucky enough to be able to store most of our frozen meet with a friend, and we've had a bunch of dairy foods on ice in the coolers all week, but I've lost all our produce, condiments, dressings, frozen veggies, pastas, pizza, meals-in-a-bag, etc. We've been showering at the gym, and it was unseasonably warm during the days this week (but cold at night) so we could keep the house at a reasonable temp and still keep the ice-loaded coolers cold. HOWEVER... today I am doing laundry, cleaning the fridges out (couldn't do it in the dark with cold water), deciding what cooler foods need to be cooked/saved/pitched, etc. I know it could have been worse- anyone on a well had no pump, so no running water/toilets- and we are nowhere in the shape of Puerto Rico, but it's been a long, cold, dark week. Looking forward to the next few days and getting our lives back to NORMAL! (and we have all the Halloween candy as consolation...)

WOW! So very sorry you had that happen. We had our heating system go down for 3 days one winter but, a week would be really difficult to say the least.
I hope the candy is truly a consolation! :hug:

I'm back!!!
Welcome back!!

Here I am after almost a week in darkness. On Monday 9/30, we had a big rain and windstorm, and our power went out around 9am. We got it back at 7pm on Saturday night. We missed Trick-or-Treating on both Halloween AND on the alternate date of Friday night (towns were suggesting that kids wait until Friday as there were a lot of trees down, power off, lines down, no street lights, etc.). The frustrating part is that half our street, and all the downtown/MainSt. area surrounding us, had their power back by 5pm on Monday. The streetlight across from our drive shone into our front hallway all week, the neighbors 2 doors down had electricity, but we had NO POWER. I was lucky enough to be able to store most of our frozen meat with a friend, and we've had a bunch of dairy foods on ice in the coolers all week, but I've lost all our produce, condiments, dressings, frozen veggies, pastas, pizza, meals-in-a-bag, etc. We've been showering at the gym, and it was unseasonably warm during the days this week (but cold at night) so we could keep the house at a reasonable temp and still keep the ice-loaded coolers cold. HOWEVER... today I am doing laundry, cleaning the fridges out (couldn't do it in the dark with cold water), deciding what cooler foods need to be cooked/saved/pitched, etc. I know it could have been worse- anyone on a well had no pump, so no running water/toilets- and we are nowhere in the shape of Puerto Rico, but it's been a long, cold, dark week. Looking forward to the next few days and getting our lives back to NORMAL! (and we have all the Halloween candy as consolation...)
UGH!!! That's a long time. We had it once that long, not fun at all. Glad you are up and running again, leebee. :hug:'s

At least it was only a 10 minute drive rather than 25 to our original haunt.

Our Costco is about 25 minutes away too. It's strange how that seems so inconvenient, but we're spoiled here in our little 'burb. If it's more than 5 minutes away it's like some trek into the wilderness. Most people drive that or farther to/from work everyday.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter