• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Well said leebee! I feel so sad for her ( @amberpi ) and her family and even though I never met her I enjoyed reading her stories and points of view. I remember her saying she was writing a book about her life. I wonder if she ever finished it. Yesterday on that other thread I saw that the moderators had to shut down / edit some negative comments????? Ok - what did I miss? How can people do this? So unacceptable. I hope King Schultz is doing well. Miss his posts.
Thanks again leebee:flower:

Brenda

I know, I was dumbfounded to read that posts had to be removed, but didn't see any of them as I didn't get online until later in the evening. I just don't understand some people. Life should be easier... play nice, be fair, don't be mean. Treat people how you want to be treated... or how you want them to treat your kids, maybe. It doesn't seem hard to me. I try to hold onto the notion that we are all more alike than we are different, but that's hard, some days. The old hippie in my always just wants to say "Peace." :hippie:

ETA: I cannot 100% attest that she was real, but she told me if I saw a family group in DHS wearing straw hats with gingham ribbons on a specific day in August 2018, that would be them... and I DID see them from across the courtyard area but we were going in different directions and it was too complicated to wade through the crowds and get over there, but... there WAS a family she described there, on the same day that we were. I guess that's as much evidence as one ever gets from an online posting board.

I know, I was dumbfounded to read that posts had to be removed, but didn't see any of them as I didn't get online until later in the evening. I just don't understand some people. Life should be easier... play nice, be fair, don't be mean. Treat people how you want to be treated... or how you want them to treat your kids, maybe. It doesn't seem hard to me. I try to hold onto the notion that we are all more alike than we are different, but that's hard, some days. The old hippie in my always just wants to say "Peace." :hippie:

ETA: I cannot 100% attest that she was real, but she told me if I saw a family group in DHS wearing straw hats with gingham ribbons on a specific day in August 2018, that would be them... and I DID see them from across the courtyard area but we were going in different directions and it was too complicated to wade through the crowds and get over there, but... there WAS a family she described there, on the same day that we were. I guess that's as much evidence as one ever gets from an online posting board.
Leebee - I like how you see the world!!!! I agree we should see the best in people - life is too short. I never got a vibe that @amberpi was disingenuous. Her posts seemed very heartfelt. Why “people” would go “there” is a reflection of them - not Amber. I’m so glad you were able to spot them- what a lovely story. :flower:
Brenda

Was there a second thread about amberpi? :littleangel: I only saw the one on the CB and there were a few unnecessarily derogatory posts (mostly related to her step-children).

Was there a second thread about amberpi? :littleangel: I only saw the one on the CB and there were a few unnecessarily derogatory posts (mostly related to her step-children).
I don’t think so- I was just replying to (and agreeing with) @leebees comments on this thread. @PollyannaMom also gave me some clarification as well. I couldn’t understand why that other post turned negative and a moderator had to step in. ? I always enjoyed reading about her (@amberpi) life’s story.

I don’t think so- I was just replying to (and agreeing with) @leebees comments on this thread. @PollyannaMom also gave me some clarification as well. I couldn’t understand why that other post turned negative and a moderator had to step in. ? I always enjoyed reading about her (@amberpi) life’s story.
@leebee mentioned reading a thread on Trip Planning but maybe I misunderstood.

Oh gosh, Jane... Summer is adorable! Good luck being puppy-parents. Our close friends have always had Goldens, so I remember

On the board last night I read about amberpi passing and am struggling. She and I shared some similar viewpoints, and we'd chatted a bit last summer as we were going to be at WDW during the same time period. We decided it was too complicated to try and meet up, and of course now I regret not taking the opportunity. For her to just be gone is... unsettling? As another poster said, how can you miss someone you don't know? And yet, we do get to "know" one another online, even though most of us have never met in real life. I don't know... I'm rambling here because even thought I'm not 'grieving' in the typical sense, I have an empty feeling, knowing I won't 'see' amberpi around the boards anymore.

Everyone have a good weekend, and appreciate what we all share. I know I do.

So tragic, so sad, (((HUG))) all.

Last edited:
Yes, ronandannette is correct. The negative posts were about mom/stepmom roles. I got the feeling some posters were bringing their own baggage on the issue into the conversation, and it was not the time or place for that. There were never any posts that doubted she was a real person. She will be missed on the Dis; that’s for sure. She touched a lot of people here.

I am so sad to hear about Amberpi. I had no idea. What happened? I haven't been on the boards as much lately - just keeping up with the few threads I regularly participate in. I always appreciated Amberpi's posts, though. I can't believe she's gone. I hate to hear that people are being not so nice. Hard to wrap my mind around that.

I just read through the thread about Amber. I'm so glad I missed the unkindness because Amber was the opposite of that. From what I saw from her, she was always kind and encouraging. We lost a good one. I'm glad someone at least posted to let us know.

I try not to worry about Willy, but this definitely brings forward the worry I keep pushed to the back of my mind. I hope he's still out there and doing okay.

Frost warnings for overnight this weekend. And so it begins...:cold:
a good frost will be the end of EEE worries!
but no hurry for frost.
It's going to be in the 70s here this weekend! We are SO looking forward to some warmer weather; it's been down in the upper 40s/low 50s in the mornings already.
EEE? Is that from the mosquito?

No frost wanted here either. Enough of that Dec-Mar.

We'll be in the 80's, with lots of Imelda rain, up to 4 inches today and tomorrow. Not the 40+ though, as in Texas. :(

Have a great weekend, everyone!! :sunny:

Couldn't decipher that one. Thinking "Extra Expedition Everest???":earboy2:
Good one - I was wondering myself. Sorry @PollyannaMom , you're going to have to help us out.

Frost will finish what's left of my rather dismal flower beds - it sure wasn't a good year for them. And my tomatoes would need another two weeks of hot days to ripen and I know that's not going to happen. Oh well, let's pull it all up, stuff it in the compost and start dreaming of next year...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter