• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

:sad2: Oh good gravy...would you even believe me if I told you it was snowing here?!? Cold, drizzly rain started late last evening and just now it's big, wet glops of sleet. Geeze. Good thing nobody was planning a big Labour Day picnic anyway... :mad:

View attachment 524483

Ronandannette, didn't I say something last year about this time about not mentioning the "s" word until at least 2 to 3 weeks into October!!! :teeth:

Our weather on the other hand is sunny and 75.......so if the borders were open I'd say c'mon down to Michigan!!! :sunny:

I swear, if it snowed here on Labor Day, I'd just be completely done!

No testing results back yet, but we are "sprung" from quarantine. I went into work today, albeit a holiday, to get stuff done that I needed to do last week. Yes, we are teaching remotely but there are still experiments to be run so we have a data bank so we can send kids "experimental results" so they can get some idea of how the labs should have turned out. I wanted this all finished by now, so I could stay home and off campus when the students are there, but sometimes things don't work out the way one plans, hahaha!

We used quarantine to our advantage. I ordered some gardening stuff at Lowe's and thanks to a good friend who did the pick up for us, we now have a new garden. DH cut down a huge old overgrown evergreen bush last year but we never got to planting it. This weekend we pulled roots, worked good soil into the existing dirt, edged, put in 4 azaleas and 6 mums, and a whole bunch of bulbs. I also weeded and cut back the other two gardens. We are looking pretty respectable, and I have high hopes for the new garden!

DH cut down a huge old overgrown evergreen bush last year but we never got to planting it. This weekend we pulled roots, worked good soil into the existing dirt, edged, put in 4 azaleas and 6 mums, and a whole bunch of bulbs. I also weeded and cut back the other two gardens.
Wow! Good for you doing something constructive during your quarantine. I'm proud of myself when I make a pot of coffee.:surfweb:

Wow! Good for you doing something constructive during your quarantine. I'm proud of myself when I make a pot of coffee.:surfweb:
We were on full lock-down for two weeks early on. We immediately had grandiose ideas of all the household projects we’d accomplish. Turned out that working from home was more work than working at work and we actually did less around the house than we normally would have. It took me a couple of months to get things back to the shape in which they started. :laughing:

Jane, they look like pretty chill dogs. How old are they? I like big dogs when they get a little older and laid back.

Humour me, if that's even an expression.

So... we were at the Golden arches this am getting our *usual, we are drinking our coffee while listening to the radio. The topic comes up that today is the first day of Fall... sigh.

My dh turns to me and says Summer's ending? What time does it end? I said it ends at 9:30, he leaned in to read the time on our vehicle clock and sadly announced it's 9:32 I missed it! Then realizing our time is set 5 mins ahead exclaimed NO I HAVEN'T!

So... I told him to lean into the sunbeam coming in his window, and enjoy it! Yeah this is why he keeps ME around.

*The Spring and Summer had us going through the drive through many, many times. We were getting to know one employee so well that one morning I told dh to ask for our USUAL!

Stay safe all.20200922_101710.jpg20200922_101428.jpg

Last edited:
Whew, close call Jane;) Glad you were able to make the most of those last 3 minutes. :sunny: But about that clock being set to the incorrect time...what's up with that? DW does this with her car clock too. It's not a simple 5 minutes though, it's like 6, 7, or 8 minutes. Sometimes when we're in her car she asks me what time it really is. :confused3 She's a very punctual person (we both are) the clocks in the house are set to the correct time, we're never late to anything, I don't understand what this accomplishes.

Last question: So what's "The Usual" at Mickey D's?

Whew, close call Jane;) Glad you were able to make the most of those last 3 minutes. :sunny: But about that clock being set to the incorrect time...what's up with that? DW does this with her car clock too. It's not a simple 5 minutes though, it's like 6, 7, or 8 minutes. Sometimes when we're in her car she asks me what time it really is. :confused3 She's a very punctual person (we both are) the clocks in the house are set to the correct time, we're never late to anything, I don't understand what this accomplishes.

Last question: So what's "The Usual" at Mickey D's?

The usual is just 2 seniors coffees... lol.

The 5 minutes for us always while still at home allowed for a child's bathroom need just before going out the door. Now as seniors it allows for forgetting to bring ie our phone. The car clock hmm... I'm not sure, probably just an extra 5 minutes to get inside for an appointment. :teeth:

I had a difficult time convincing Mickey to go out this morning...
20200924_110216.jpg

Yes ronandannette I needed a hoodie... sheesh! :earseek:

Last edited:
Turns out we do have a senior discount at McDonald's--varies between 64 and 87 cents. It's up to the individual franchisees if they want to participate and what the discount will be. Also seems to be some question whether the age eligibility is 55 or 60.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter