• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another money grab...

Status
Not open for further replies.

captain america 2003

Always ready to see The World !
I guess it should come as no surprise at this point that Disney has added yet another lounge . This time at Restaurantasaurus at AK . It has become ridiculous how many places alcohol is available in the parks . This is a blatant attempt yet again by Disney to take advantage of almost any revenue generating stream regardless of its potential consequences . Look , I know the arguments on Disney's side , "they're a business , they need to keep profits up"..."alcohol isn't a problem at Disney"...why shouldn't I be able to enjoy an adult beverage if I want to as long as I'm responsible about it ?" These are all valid arguments to a point . There is a time and place for almost everything and I believe that EP is the perfect place for an abundance of bars,lounges,beer and wine stands . I also believe that HS is also another place this fits though on a much smaller scale . Hey,I even believe that AK & MK can and should serve alcohol at all of their TS restaurants . DS another perfect fit for as many bars ,lounges,and stands as they want . I just feel that as Disney continues to make alcohol more easily accessible in their parks more and more problems will inevitably follow and eventually make the parks less and less family friendly .

I guess it should come as no surprise at this point that Disney has added yet another lounge . This time at Restaurantasaurus at AK . It has become ridiculous how many places alcohol is available in the parks . This is a blatant attempt yet again by Disney to take advantage of almost any revenue generating stream regardless of its potential consequences . Look , I know the arguments on Disney's side , "they're a business , they need to keep profits up"..."alcohol isn't a problem at Disney"...why shouldn't I be able to enjoy an adult beverage if I want to as long as I'm responsible about it ?" These are all valid arguments to a point . There is a time and place for almost everything and I believe that EP is the perfect place for an abundance of bars,lounges,beer and wine stands . I also believe that HS is also another place this fits though on a much smaller scale . Hey,I even believe that AK & MK can and should serve alcohol at all of their TS restaurants . DS another perfect fit for as many bars ,lounges,and stands as they want . I just feel that as Disney continues to make alcohol more easily accessible in their parks more and more problems will inevitably follow and eventually make the parks less and less family friendly .
Alcoholic beverages are already available in AK.

I get what you are saying, but I would much rather they have a lounge than a beverage cart with alcohol (which they already have). Once they opened the box it definitely was something that was only going to grow and grow...as evidenced by this new lounge. I think everyone just has to kind of get used to it...

I was surprised they put a lounge here too since: (a) there's zero chance I'm going here instead of walking across the park to Nomad (seriously - I know it's a trial run, but the pictures of this new place aren't too impressive); and (b) they missed the perfect opportunity to play off Dino-Land and have a Martini-osaurus that you could order Dinosaur-style (shaken) or Primeval Whirl-style (stirred). Of course, maybe that's for the best since neither of those rides is really conducive to alcohol anyway.

As for only serving alcohol at TS places - I'm guessing you were already aware of things like Dawa Bar, and spiked Dole Whips at Tamu Tamu, and the mixed drinks at Drinkwalla, and the margaritas and beer at Pongu Pongu, and the daiquiris at Yak & Yeti Quality Beverages and ... let's just say this cow left the barn a long time ago.

I know,but they shouldn't expand its availability outside of TS restaurants

There's an outside bar near the safari that has been there for years. There's a margarita stand that's been there for years by the UP bird show like Epcot has near mexico. There's plenty of beer vendors and stands around the park. There's a beer vendor in the arena for River of Lights. Beer stand in Pandora and their own special green themed beer. That's just to name a few.

The lounge in Dinoland is just an extra addition and nice for those that want to swing by it.

Alcohol is already PLENTIFUL all over AK, and it certainly has not been relegated to the TS restaurants, have you never noticed all of the bars and such around AK serving alcohol? This is a non issue.
Well aware of all the places alcohol is being served and is now available . That is kind of the point . More places to buy alcohol is not better for any one .Having it available at select , limited locations is my point . Especially at, but not limited to, MK & AK .

There are always going to be those who want to drink and those who don’t want them to. So long as people behave themselves, I don’t mind if they have a drink in the parks. However, when they start staggering around and vomiting in the landscaping, I would prefer they leave. I have only seen that behavior at Epcot, but it’s not confined to food and wine. Some of the worst I have seen are the groups there specifically to drink (even going so far as having shirts advertising the fact). I very rarely stay late at Epcot these days because of negative experiences related to the drink around the world mentality. I can understand why some may have concerns that the other parks may follow suit, but I don’t think they have the same vibe as Epcot and don’t lend themselves as easily to a marathon drinking experience.

There's an outside bar near the safari that has been there for years. There's a margarita stand that's been there for years by the UP bird show like Epcot has near mexico. There's plenty of beer vendors and stands around the park. There's a beer vendor in the arena for River of Lights. Beer stand in Pandora and their own special green themed beer. That's just to name a few.

The lounge in Dinoland is just an extra addition and nice for those that want to swing by it.
Well aware of that but I don't believe they should be there . Should be limited to TS restaurants at AK & MK ...just my opinion .

Well aware of all the places alcohol is being served and is now available . That is kind of the point . More places to buy alcohol is not better for any one .Having it available at select , limited locations is my point . Especially at, but not limited to, MK & AK .

Why AK? What is so special and specific about AK that you think people should be restricted to purchasing alcoholic beverages at TS restaurants at this park in particular? Bars have been plentiful around AK since it opened, again not restricted to TS restaurants in the slightest.

I drink alcohol (but not very often) so I’m not coming at this from some anti alcohol standpoint but because I don’t tend to drink when I’m at wdw (too much other stuff to do) I’ve never noticed where it’s possible to buy alcoholic beverages.

Therefore my point is I don’t think the sale of alcohol is a problem - for me it’s fine if they do and fine if they don’t

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter