• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another money grab...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not my experience, just because yours is different, it doesn’t negate mine.
You saying "trust me on this one" gave the impression (whether intended or not) that you would think that all alcoholics and families are like yours. She, I, and others have shared the opposite experience. Not negating your experience, but providing you with the point of view that everyone has a different experience than you with it. I think the post above these 2 hits the nail on the head with it though.

You saying "trust me on this one" gave the impression (whether intended or not) that you would think that all alcoholics and families are like yours. She, I, and others have shared the opposite experience. Not negating your experience, but providing you with the point of view that everyone has a different experience than you with it. I think the post above these 2 hits the nail on the head with it though.

I will be more careful with my wording as you have extrapolated a lot from those 5 words. And I would suggest that two posts do not mean that everyone has a different experience with this than I have.

Last edited:
Not my experience, just because yours is different, it doesn’t negate mine.
Of course not. But I don't believe I said my experience negated yours :confused3

I said "Not all people with alcoholics feel this way". So with all due respect just because your experience is different doesn't negate mine.

You make some valid points...though I never said or implied that " the parent of a young child does not "deserve" to have an adult beverage while walking around a theme park on vacation , or is doing something not "family friendly" or wrong ."

One thing you have made clear is that you don't understand how to use quotation marks. ;)

I did not say that. And it ain’t going to make it any better either!

Man oh man, this is a divisive thread!
There's really no place you can vacation where alcoholl isn't served. It sucks for children of alcoholics or drug addicts, but I'm guessing life is stressful for these kids regardless of where they are.
It actually does enhance the vacation for many people. Who doesn't like a cold beer, or a frozen margarita on a hot day. A nice bottle of read wine with dinner. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with alcohol as a kid, but it's your experience.

Man this thread appears to be dissolving more and more into a discussion of alcohol and alcoholism rather than one of Disney restaurants that serve alcohol.

At the end of the day, Disney isn’t a dry vacation destination and technically it never has been completely dry as the resort hotels served alcohol even when MK didn’t. I don’t see how a discussion about how alcohol at Disney impacts alcoholics and their families is appropriate on the restaurant board...on the community board perhaps, but it’s really veering pretty far off course at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter