Another package to try, this one for Festival of the Lion King **(reviews start on page 5)**

I should have probably clarified what I meant when I said these packages are never about math.
I meant you cannot find the "is it worth it" monetary value in any of these, dessert parties, pre fixed meal and ride/parade. You cannot eat $100 worth of dessert/food... Which is why I bring the convenience value factor. True you can do Safari and fotlk , even get a fp for them but to the person buying this package they are obviously finding it worth a try, maybe they are excited to save some fps or excited for an animal expert?
All I'm saying is, yes, it's a Disney money grab but what isn't ? and who am i to say "don't do it" or "you're crazy " you know.

Thanks for that updated info - what time is your lunch for the 3pm show? Was that the earliest show you were able to use the pass for?
We have lunch at Noon
3:00 was the earliest show I was offered a time for and that's what I took.

I'm curious how this will effect FPs for FOTLK or is it for specific show times.
They were for specific times. Lunch show choices were 3:00, 5:00 or 6:00, and lunch is the earliest meal served at Tiffins, so those are the earliest shows. I just looked up the times for 9/1 (the day we are going) and they end at 6:00, and there is one at 4:00, so I probably just didn't hear her offer that time.

We have lunch at Noon
3:00 was the earliest show I was offered a time for and that's what I took.

They were for specific times. Lunch show choices were 3:00, 5:00 or 6:00, and lunch is the earliest meal served at Tiffins, so those are the earliest shows. I just looked up the times for 9/1 (the day we are going) and they end at 6:00, and there is one at 4:00, so I probably just didn't hear her offer that time.

So if it is those times then it shouldn't impact FPs, which is good. I'm not a fan of Tiffins and would just get a FP for it as it is my favorite show on all of Disney property and I like to sit as low as possible.

Ok, got in touch with DSS and got a little bit more details on it. No idea if this is part of why it's not booking online or not, but I had to tell her when I booked which time for FotLK show I wanted. There isn't really a way to do that online. So either that's what is keeping it from working online or that wasn't really necessary info for the booking and she just took it anyway.
At any rate, we are doing a lunch meal and could choose to do a 3:00, 5:00 or 6:00 Lion King show, with the Safari following that. After I picked the show we picked the lunch time. She had no problems with booking it once she got both pieces of that info. So, if it turns out they do need both times in order to book it, I wouldn't be surprised to learn this is something you have to call to book and they remove the ability to book online. But at the same time, I would be surprised to see they make you pick the show time before you dine. They don't do that with other show dining packages but those do take a lot more guests. So who knows.

ETA - Below is how it shows up in my MDE, so I do think you may well have to pick the show when you book and the current booking set up does not allow for this, which is surely why it's not currently working online
Tiffins - FOLK Tier 1 (3:00PM show) Lunch
Is this one you have to pay for in advance?

Ok, got in touch with DSS and got a little bit more details on it. No idea if this is part of why it's not booking online or not, but I had to tell her when I booked which time for FotLK show I wanted. There isn't really a way to do that online. So either that's what is keeping it from working online or that wasn't really necessary info for the booking and she just took it anyway.
At any rate, we are doing a lunch meal and could choose to do a 3:00, 5:00 or 6:00 Lion King show, with the Safari following that. After I picked the show we picked the lunch time. She had no problems with booking it once she got both pieces of that info. So, if it turns out they do need both times in order to book it, I wouldn't be surprised to learn this is something you have to call to book and they remove the ability to book online. But at the same time, I would be surprised to see they make you pick the show time before you dine. They don't do that with other show dining packages but those do take a lot more guests. So who knows.

ETA - Below is how it shows up in my MDE, so I do think you may well have to pick the show when you book and the current booking set up does not allow for this, which is surely why it's not currently working online
Tiffins - FOLK Tier 1 (3:00PM show) Lunch

I have been wanting to try Tiffins (have only been to Nomad Lounge) and FOTL and Kilimanjaro Safari are also 2 of my top favorite attractions as well - so this package definitely sparked my interest. I also had problems booking online and ended up having to call to reserve. I got the same times as you - 3:00 show/12:00 lunch. What date are you going? We are going 8/13, I am excited!

I have been wanting to try Tiffins (have only been to Nomad Lounge) and FOTL and Kilimanjaro Safari are also 2 of my top favorite attractions as well - so this package definitely sparked my interest. I also had problems booking online and ended up having to call to reserve. I got the same times as you - 3:00 show/12:00 lunch. What date are you going? We are going 8/13, I am excited!
We are going on 9/1. You'll have to come back and report what your thoughts are

Seriously debating booking this as a surprise for my wife. We’re taking our first WDW trip this September. We’re already doing the HEA and Star Wars dessert parties and a ROL dining package. Plus we will book the FEA dessert party if it ever becomes available to book. So we’ve got quite a few “extra experiences” but I think my wife would love this one.

It's ALWAYS about actual math and money to me, and many others.
Its about value and value is subjective. Some will see value in this and others not. I find value in the Tiffins Rivers of Light dining package so I do that. Others don't find value in that.

@AngiTN - did you get any more info on what the safari is like and how it's special?

We've got Tiffins ROL booked right now but I can see cancelling that and adding this for the safari portion since my 3 kiddos are mostly too little to extra safari stuff. If it was more than just the regular KS that is.

@AngiTN - did you get any more info on what the safari is like and how it's special?

We've got Tiffins ROL booked right now but I can see cancelling that and adding this for the safari portion since my 3 kiddos are mostly too little to extra safari stuff. If it was more than just the regular KS that is.
They have that info on the package page
You have the normal Safari but your guide is one of the AK Animal Care experts vs one of the usual Safari CM. You meet up with the guide right after the Lion King show and all the package guests ride the Safari together then

So you'll have someone with much more knowledge to ask questions to. I've done other safaris with similar guides and they are great. You learn so much not just about the animals but about their care and handling at AK specifically, all based on questions asked of course. Since those attending are usually animal oriented types you usually get great questions

We booked for the last day of availability... 11/21. We also got scheduled for an early lunch (12:05) and the 3:00 FotLK show. She was telling me that there was very limited availability for Tier 1 packages. It wouldn't surprise me if they try to condense all of the Tier 1s into one or two shows to limit the time investment needed from the special safari guides. For us, the package 'makes sense' because it frees up two fastpasses, we love Tiffins (and having the alcohol included could potentially create some value), and the unique safari guide will be a fun extra. Overall, we are looking forward to it!

They have that info on the package page
You have the normal Safari but your guide is one of the AK Animal Care experts vs one of the usual Safari CM. You meet up with the guide right after the Lion King show and all the package guests ride the Safari together then

So you'll have someone with much more knowledge to ask questions to. I've done other safaris with similar guides and they are great. You learn so much not just about the animals but about their care and handling at AK specifically, all based on questions asked of course. Since those attending are usually animal oriented types you usually get great questions

Thanks - didn't even look at the webpage as I fired this off right before my FP window opened :)

Its about value and value is subjective. Some will see value in this and others not. I find value in the Tiffins Rivers of Light dining package so I do that. Others don't find value in that.

Exactly. My kid would not want to eat at Tiffin's. There are plenty of things I find value in for adults, but not so much for the kids.

FYI, noticed that you can now book online. They assign a Lion King show time. So I'd say if you want a specific show call so you can pick it

FYI, noticed that you can now book online. They assign a Lion King show time. So I'd say if you want a specific show call so you can pick it
Just like CP, it assigns the show time randomly, but after several attempts I was able to get 3, 5 and 6 all to populate with my 11:30 search. So possible to “pick” your show time online, just takes a bit of trial and error!

Just like CP, it assigns the show time randomly, but after several attempts I was able to get 3, 5 and 6 all to populate with my 11:30 search. So possible to “pick” your show time online, just takes a bit of trial and error!

Huh, do you think its random? (and the CP is random, too? man, I thought there was a method to it, haha). I have tried a few times and I have only gotten 5pm offered with a lunch. (I'm also trying 11:30). I will keep trying since you managed 11:30 lunch and 3:00 show (which is what I want). I loathe having to call...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter