• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another Unofficial Chatterbox Thread- Everyone is Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eatmypixiedust

<font color=blue><marquee>I'm coming to you live f
Don't adjust that TV set because it's time for another unofficial chatterbox thread! Everyone is Welcome! :woohoo: :yay: :banana: :cheer2:

2emfl1u.jpg

And now a brief message from one of our proud sponsors....brought to you by Sameyeyam Incorporated

2lj0osp.jpg

hi :) This is my first time joining the unofficial chatterbox thread. Since no one else has posted yet, I'll take this opportunity to introduce myself lol.

My name is Gina and I'm 35. I have a 13 yr old daughter. Due to medical problems I do not work. I use to work in the medical field though. I was a phlebotomist in a blood plasma center. (the liquid part of your blood. Its used to make medication)

I live next door to my parents. (This arrangement only works if you are very close to your parents. Thankfully I am. hahaha). My sister and soon to be brother in law (I refer to him as my BIL alot) live about 10 minutes away. We live in the suburbs of Pittsburgh PA.

I like to read, pen pals (the old fashioned pen/paper kind), scrapbooking, couponing/refunding.

I found the Disboards when we were planning our first trip in 2006. After my sister's wedding in April we are saving up to go back. I can't wait.

I hope to make a lot of friends on here. Right now I have none :(

hi :) This is my first time joining the unofficial chatterbox thread. Since no one else has posted yet, I'll take this opportunity to introduce myself lol.

My name is Gina and I'm 35. I have a 13 yr old daughter. Due to medical problems I do not work. I use to work in the medical field though. I was a phlebotomist in a blood plasma center. (the liquid part of your blood. Its used to make medication)

I live next door to my parents. (This arrangement only works if you are very close to your parents. Thankfully I am. hahaha). My sister and soon to be brother in law (I refer to him as my BIL alot) live about 10 minutes away. We live in the suburbs of Pittsburgh PA.

I like to read, pen pals (the old fashioned pen/paper kind), scrapbooking, couponing/refunding.

I found the Disboards when we were planning our first trip in 2006. After my sister's wedding in April we are saving up to go back. I can't wait.

I hope to make a lot of friends on here. Right now I have none :(

Hi Gina! Welcome to the thread :goodvibes Thanks for sharing! :) I've made some good friends on the DIS boards. I used to just read around the boards and tried to help with questions once in a while. Then one day I started chatting with some fellow DIS members and we all got to know each other. We hung out a few times at DL and I couldn't ask for a sweeter and cooler bunch of friends. :) We hope to get to know you and a few of us do like scrapbooking. I love to scrapbook but haven't had the time. Some of the ladies are also big on coupons so you'll fit right in! :rotfl: :goodvibes

BTW, my name is Rochelle and everyone calls me Pix, Pixster or Pixie for short. I'm 28 years old and I have a boyfriend but we do not have any children. I live in So Cal and Disneyland is my stress reliever...or it also could be due to the fact that I am addicted to dole whip floats. :rolleyes1 :)

Thanks :) I did spend some time earlier on the scrapbooking board. I also posted a link to get 75 free pictures printed from kodak gallery for first time customers. I'm sure that will win me some brownie points :rotfl: Just kidding I only posted it because I wanted to share it not for the brownie points.

Thanks :) I did spend some time earlier on the scrapbooking board. I also posted a link to get 75 free pictures printed from kodak gallery for first time customers. I'm sure that will win me some brownie points :rotfl: Just kidding I only posted it because I wanted to share it not for the brownie points.

Wow! That's a cool bargain :thumbsup2 I usually upload pics to Costco's website or Walmart's website and pick them up from there. I've been meaning to scrapbook again but I haven't had the time to do it. I still have pictures from 2 years ago that I haven't developed. :scared:

I still have pictures from my trip to WDW in 2006 to print. We took way too many pictures. Between 2 cameras and the photopass we took over 1500 pictures easy! lol.

I still have pictures from my trip to WDW in 2006 to print. We took way too many pictures. Between 2 cameras and the photopass we took over 1500 pictures easy! lol.

:rotfl: I haven't been to WDW in years. I hope to go back some day. I've been there 2 times with family and we had a blast. :)

Good lord, I didn't realize it was past midnight. :eek: I better get to bed or I won't wake up tomorrow. Goodnight and it was nice meeting you! :)

I'm on the East coast so its easier to go to the WDW than DisneyLand. We'll get back there either next year or the year after. We are anxious to go back!

I think a high chair is unnecessary.. The baby can sit anywhere and eat. I used my bouncy seat for a long time with Alex. There are so many things that are NICE to have, and make things easier... But it CAN be done without them.

Im trying to think of what we have.. blankets are a must. babies love a good tight burrito wrap.. sheets for the crib.. a waterproof pad for the mattress. a bumper for the crib. hats!! She will need some little baby hats!! Onsies, and sleepers.. all the little outfits are cute, but again, not necessary. Plus, babies grow out of them with a quickness. Anyways.. those just might be a few things that she hadnt thought of.
I was going to buy her a bumper for the crib and some sheets because I know she doesn't have that but I didn't know how big her crib was so I didn't.
How often do you bathe a new baby? She doesn't have a bathtub so I'm thinking they will have to buy the baby a plastic one?
Bummer to have your ring breaking already.. did you find the stone or will it need to be replaced?

Baby stuff, I agree they don't need much -- it's the parents, friends and family that love to doll them up with pretty clothes and the newest gadgets. :laughing:

Place to sleep, something to eat, and a clean bottom .. they will be happy as lil clams. :goodvibes

The basics:
receiving blankets
diapers/ wipes/ gentle soap
onesies , sleepers or gowns
bottles and formula if not nursing

Car seat if they plan to travel in a car or on a plane.

I can see not wanting to get too much stuff, but if she is staying for the entire first year of baby life.. she might want it anyway.
It's that first year where you want "stuff" to make your life easier. After that it's easy to downsize to the basics.
No I can't find the stone, I've looked everywhere. It's pretty tiny so I'm not sure if it was lodged in my foot if I would even notice it.

Okay, so I will get her some receiving blankets if I can find, I think the other stuff she'll likely get at the shower and she hasn't decided yet if she wants to breast feed.

You guys are the best, so helpful.

Good Morning! Happy Hump Day! I had oatmeal from Starbucks for breakfast. I also got a Peppermint Mocha Twist. Yummy! The oatmeal was oatmeal but you can get brown sugar, dried fruit or nuts to mix it it. I had brown sugar and dried fruit. If I hadn't of had a gift card I wouldn't have even gone. I can't see spending that much on coffee or oatmeal, but I got two Starbucks gift cards for Christmas. One of my good freinds goes there every morning! I told her is she stopped she would lose weight and save money but she still goes every day.

Don't adjust that TV set because it's time for another unofficial chatterbox thread! Everyone is Welcome! :woohoo: :yay: :banana: :cheer2:

And now a brief message from one of our proud sponsors....brought to you by Sameyeyam Incorporated

2lj0osp.jpg

Good job Pix as always! Love the Dalmatian TV thingie.. cute.. and of course our sponsor got a little air time. :thumbsup2

Alison will be so proud! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I can't see spending that much on coffee or oatmeal, but I got two Starbucks gift cards for Christmas. One of my good freinds goes there every morning! I told her is she stopped she would lose weight and save money but she still goes every day.

Hello!
yeah it's pricey stuff.. but mmmmm it's good to splurge on occasion.
Not as many Starbucks here, we have more of Caribou Coffee which is a MN based company.
They use to do this really good Mexican chocolate for hot chocolate and mochas, you would order it as "wild" Mexican Mocha and they would add extra spices to make it zippy. Alas, it is no more. Their sugar free flavor options taste bland compared to Starbucks (or even GASP McDonald's.. shhhhh ).

Starbucks can be found inside of Barnes and Noble or Super Target, the stand alone cafes are inside of bigger malls (Mall of America) and in busy areas (downtown)

Sometimes we get B1G1 Starbucks' coupons with our receipt at Super Target, nice to slurp at half price wandering thru the end caps with hubby. :laughing:

Christina:

Bathing baby.. sponge bath until the cord dries up and falls off. After that tub baths (or even take the lil one in with you in the shower) every few days. They don't need daily baths, it just dries out the delicate skin. The plastic tubs are a matter of personal choice, you can just as easily bathe in the kitchen/ bath sink.. or carefully in the shower -- they get very slippery. :laughing:

Cribs are standard sized and any brand of crib sheets/ mattress cover / bumpers should fit.
Unless it's something unique like those round beds or if things are different in your neck of the woods?? :confused3

Lucky duck! I've never been.
I lived 40 miutes away from DL last year, I miss it terribly.. stuck in frozen land (by choice) yet again. :laughing:

Christina:

Bathing baby.. sponge bath until the cord dries up and falls off. After that tub baths (or even take the lil one in with you in the shower) every few days. They don't need daily baths, it just dries out the delicate skin. The plastic tubs are a matter of personal choice, you can just as easily bathe in the kitchen/ bath sink.. or carefully in the shower -- they get very slippery. :laughing:

Cribs are standard sized and any brand of crib sheets/ mattress cover / bumpers should fit.
Unless it's something unique like those round beds or if things are different in your neck of the woods?? :confused3

Oh okay! I'll let her know about the bathing thing, last time we talked she didn't know how bathing worked. I don't think she's reading any mothering books, I guess she's going to wing it. But bringing the baby in the shower with her will probably be what she'll want to do since she doesn't want to buy too much stuff.

Good Morning! Happy Hump Day!

Are you saying today is bow-chicka-bow-wow day? :eek: Was this a holiday declared by Staley? J/k! :rotfl:

Good job Pix as always! Love the Dalmatian TV thingie.. cute.. and of course our sponsor got a little air time. :thumbsup2

Alison will be so proud! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Thanks Bernice! I can't wait until Alison sees it! :teeth: :lmao:

I am hoping to get back to WDW this summer :thumbsup2

Hello! Welcome to our thread. :goodvibes

DIZZY!!!! How are you? I miss you! :hug:

Christina-How are you? Hope you are doing well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter