Another Unofficial Chatterbox Thread- Everyone is Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so for the 6th night in a row I have not slept. I keep coughing all night long. I'm so sick of this. I just want to sleep all night one night.

:sick: Ugh, that's the pits.
On the advice of a much experienced (older) pediatrician, we've been using Delsym.

about_prodshot1.jpg

It's the highest amount of Dextromethorphan (cough suppressant) allowed in an over the counter med. When we first heard about it ,a few years ago, it was incredibly hard to find. The ped said to look either on the very top shelf or the very bottom shelf.
Lately they have been pushing advertising, easier to find!

The regular bottle (they have a child version now) works just fine for kidlets too, just a smaller amount per dose. We buy one bottle a year and everyone can use it. :thumbsup2 Tastes okay too, not like the Robitussin that burns on the way down. YECK! When the boys were little, they would ask to lick the dosing cup to get every bit after downing a dose. :rotfl:

Doesn't make you drowsy, but it does knock off the cough for 12 cough free wonderful hours.. and it is an EXACT 12 hours.

You will know when it's been 12 hours.. feeling just fine and then cough cough cough hack hack cough.. hmm what time did I take it last? :idea: wow.. 12 hours. :lmao:

Curiousity about promethazine.. I like looking up meds, see the side effects, usage. etc.

Using it as a cough supressant is actually an off label use. Not a bad thing, docs do that all the time. The reason it works for a cough is due to the side effect of sedation from the drug. It's mixed with other meds .. like a cough suppressants .. to have a complete effect. Knocking you out, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The drug is more known as an anti-emetic (for nausea, severe motion sickness, IV use during surgery) and as an anti-histamine (allergies with mucus production).

Long ago it was used as an anti-psychotic, you can tell everyone that your cough is making you crazy. And this will help you not be totally looney. :crazy: :laughing:

hey! hope you guys had a wonderful day! I did until I got home and my mom was crying and found out that her homenurse that comes to change her wound vac on her foot my mom got both feet amputated and my mom still calls them her feet well she got one of them casted and told the nurse and her nurse goes and says what feet u dont have any u have prosthesis and then says she waved and had my mom look and said what im walking on this is feet not what you have I am sorry that makes me SO mad and upset at the same time do you think I am over reacting? other than that I had a great day :)

:hug:Wow, I think that nurse needs a refresher course in bedside manner.

But you know what. As someone who is missing a body part (breast), I can give one bit of advice. You have two choices you can laugh or you can cry about it. Life sometimes gives you a bad deal, so what are you going to do?:confused3 I've now had reconstruction, but the couple of years I went without a left breast, I called it "the Left Chest, Formerly Known as the Breast". Seriously, what do you call the place that's left after they remove it. I had no idea. So I figured if Prince could rename himself, I could rename my breast.:lmao:

I'm here for a moment. I'm waiting to pick up my dinner. Ugh, having a horrible day today. I went to walmart and some jerk stole my parking space. :mad: I
honked and he gave me a tough nuggets look and hand gesture like oh well too bad. I rolled down my window and called him the "a" word. I know I shouldn't have but I was so upset from work and he made my day worse. Ugh....i feel like crap

Hi girls i am texting fröm the train on my way to edinburgh this hard so i am going to cut this short. Hello and bye.

My husband is SOO FUNNY. Wednesday night he has off... part of the whole 32 hour work week thing. :rolleyes: Anyhoo.. We were sitting on the couch, and I was holding Vinny.. Vinny starts to SOB. Full on, hysterical baby sobs. WELL.. The kid also snorts like nobodies business when he cries. It was freaking hysterical, and I was really tired. So I was laughing my butt off. WAHHHHH WAHHHH.. snortsnortsnort WAHHHHHH WAHHHHH snortsnortsnort..:lmao::lmao: Really, who wouldnt laugh? My hubby thought I was having a mental breakdown or something. But I wasnt.. It was just so cute! And then when Vinny realized I was laughing, he totally stopped crying and started to smile at me! Nutty kid.

My hubby thought I was having a mental breakdown or something. But I wasnt.. It was just so cute! And then when Vinny realized I was laughing, he totally stopped crying and started to smile at me! Nutty kid.
:lmao::lmao:

Cute, you're discovering his own little personality. :lovestruc
I teased DN about how he would cry when he was hungry IKE IKE IKE and one time suckered himself to my mom's neck while she prepped his bottle .. giving her a hickie. :lmao::lmao:

Vinny will dicover his funny bone soon ... :laughing: snort :laughing: snort :laughing: SNORT :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I loved when my kidlets discovered how to chuckle and laugh. J would giggle, giggle and lose his balance.. ker plop... stunned for a minute.. and then start giggling again. It was the cutest thing!

Watched the Star Trek movie-- it was awesome!!!!

If you have watched any of the orginal TV series or movies, you gotta watch it. Nicely written to seam it together with the original storylines, yet gave it a nice modern edginess for the current generation of soon to be Trekkies . I hope they can spin off more movies and another TV series. I didn't like the most recent Star Trek series on TV.. it just didn't have the right feel. Wrong actors? :confused3

When the time comes to end Heroes, this would make a nice replacement. ::yes::

My husband is SOO FUNNY. Wednesday night he has off... part of the whole 32 hour work week thing. :rolleyes: Anyhoo.. We were sitting on the couch, and I was holding Vinny.. Vinny starts to SOB. Full on, hysterical baby sobs. WELL.. The kid also snorts like nobodies business when he cries. It was freaking hysterical, and I was really tired. So I was laughing my butt off. WAHHHHH WAHHHH.. snortsnortsnort WAHHHHHH WAHHHHH snortsnortsnort..:lmao::lmao: Really, who wouldnt laugh? My hubby thought I was having a mental breakdown or something. But I wasnt.. It was just so cute! And then when Vinny realized I was laughing, he totally stopped crying and started to smile at me! Nutty kid.

:rotfl: AWww....cute Vinny! :teeth:

If you have watched any of the orginal TV series or movies, you gotta watch it. Nicely written to seam it together with the original storylines, yet gave it a nice modern edginess for the current generation of soon to be Trekkies . I hope they can spin off more movies and another TV series. I didn't like the most recent Star Trek series on TV.. it just didn't have the right feel. Wrong actors? :confused3

See! I was never a fan of the TV show but the movie rocked. :) :woohoo: lad that you liked it too! :)

:lmao::lmao:

Cute, you're discovering his own little personality. :lovestruc
I teased DN about how he would cry when he was hungry IKE IKE IKE and one time suckered himself to my mom's neck while she prepped his bottle .. giving her a hickie. :lmao::lmao:

Vinny will dicover his funny bone soon ... :laughing: snort :laughing: snort :laughing: SNORT :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I loved when my kidlets discovered how to chuckle and laugh. J would giggle, giggle and lose his balance.. ker plop... stunned for a minute.. and then start giggling again. It was the cutest thing!

:lmao: I KNOW he will snort when he laughs.. I do, and so does Mikalah.. and my mom. :lmao::lmao: I cant WAIT for him to start.. Jazz too. They are sort of pre-laughing. I cant explain it, but they sort of suck in air while smiling all huge. These babies are AWESOME. :love: It must be because I am older or something.. but I am having a MUCH easier time with these two then I did with my other kids. And they were only one at a time! :confused3 and oddly.. I think my relationship with Alex is getting better. not that we had a hard time, but we are so much closer with the babies here. It sounds crazy, doesnt it?

Everyone seems to really like that Star Trek movie.. I might have to send the boys when we have a little extra dough.

Hmm? I'm thinking we need to see this movie!! I remember watching the original series all the time. But then got out of it.

I didn't care too much for the new series either.

:lmao: I KNOW he will snort when he laughs.. I do, and so does Mikalah.. and my mom. :lmao::lmao: I cant WAIT for him to start.. Jazz too. They are sort of pre-laughing. I cant explain it, but they sort of suck in air while smiling all huge. These babies are AWESOME. :love: It must be because I am older or something.. but I am having a MUCH easier time with these two then I did with my other kids. And they were only one at a time! :confused3 and oddly.. I think my relationship with Alex is getting better. not that we had a hard time, but we are so much closer with the babies here. It sounds crazy, doesnt it?
How wonderful that you are so happy Megan! The babies sound so cute, and so do you! :cutie:

Hi Pix!! Que pasa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter