Any attractions closed for rehab?

Jenny

DIS Veteran
i rides, shows or exhibits closed for rehab now or planned for the future? we're going in mid-may & hoping that everything will be open. i thought i read somewhere here on the boards that the Sting Rays were closed earlier this year. can anyone confirm?

Just went 2 weeks ago (mid-March 06) and sting ray exhibit was closed although you can view and feed some in a smaller pool by the Shark exhibit. Not sure when the larger exhibit is due to re-open. Also, the new Shamu show and three kiddie rides are supposed to open around mid-May, I think (although you can never be sure ... SW is advertising it as "Spring") Don't worry, though, the regular Shamu show is still continuing until then.

FYI: on our trip the kiddie Shamu playground was open although all of the water/get-wet portions and games were closed. Not sure if it was just because it was a weekday and the "Season" started right after we ended our trip... They were not closed for re-furbishment ... :confused3 ?

i hope the kiddie rides are open by may 15th (our day at SW)....my 4 y.o. would be very happy! we also hope that the large sting ray pool is open but good to know there is a smaller one at the shark exhibit. thanks for the info. i'll post this question again in may before we leave.

U Guys Made Me Ink said:
FYI: on our trip the kiddie Shamu playground was open although all of the water/get-wet portions and games were closed. Not sure if it was just because it was a weekday and the "Season" started right after we ended our trip... They were not closed for re-furbishment ... :confused3 ?

We were there on the 19th & it was the same...sting ray's closed, and the kiddie water section was closed...Near there they have a section closed off & some construction going on....I dunno what they are doing, maybe I'll ask next time. As far as I know the Shamu show is still shortened & hopefully the new Shamu show-"Believe" will be opening soon....I hear it's going to be Great! That is a good idea to ask again in May b/c I'm sure that others' can answer again right before you leave. We go all the time & if I see your post I'll answer ya! Take care.....

I have a feeling that the construction near the Shamu playground is what will become the kiddie ride section. I am curious about what type of rides these will be because I think I have only heard about them on the DIS boards althought he new Shamu show "Believe" is promoted throughout the park. Anyone have the scoop? :listen:

U Guys Made Me Ink said:
I have a feeling that the construction near the Shamu playground is what will become the kiddie ride section.

NEAT!!!!! If that's the case my DD's 4 & 6 will be on :cloud9:

This is the first time I have been disapointed by SW. The stingray tank was not open but the biggest disapointment was thr Shamu show. It truely rotted. We will return in Sept because we have season passes but I hope it is great when we get back.

I am going to be there Monday April 10th. When I checked the show schedule, starting April 8th they are showing "The Making of Believe" instead of the "Shamu Adventure". We will also get to see Mystify since the park is going to be open until 10 from April 8-22.

isla bonita said:
This is the first time I have been disapointed by SW. The stingray tank was not open but the biggest disapointment was thr Shamu show. It truely rotted. We will return in Sept because we have season passes but I hope it is great when we get back.

Sorry you were disappointed. We have been skipping the Shamu show lately because of that very reason....They are still getting ready for the new show Believe to debut. We can't wait for that new show!!!!!....Soon, Very Soon! :)

~Kristi

Nite0wl71 said:
I am going to be there Monday April 10th. When I checked the show schedule, starting April 8th they are showing "The Making of Believe" instead of the "Shamu Adventure". We will also get to see Mystify since the park is going to be open until 10 from April 8-22.

So.....The Making of Believe will be a new/different show at the Shamu theatre before Believe comes out? (Did I "read" that right?!)

Mystify.....Is that the water show? If so, The last time we went (On the 19th of March, I think it was). There wasn't anything on the park map about this show. Our first "so called" attempt to see it....We happened to be walking by the roped off "Mystify Section" & wouldn't you know it....Sat down to watch Right when the show Ended! Pretty Funny! Had a good laugh w/some others about that! (Later we did catch the whole thing!) Seemed you had to be in the right place at the right time, though, to catch the show.....When we actually did see the whole thing from beginning to end.....Someone else did the same thing as we did earlier (They sat down to watch it.....right at the end!) I told him not to worry b/c we did the same thing, Better luck next time! Anyway, I wonder if they will have it "advertized" better (for lack of a better word) on our next visit to SW??!

~Kristi

WeLuvDisney05 said:
Mystify.....Is that the water show?

I was just researching & saw that Mystify is the fireworks show - Neat O, Can't wait for that! OK so now my question is: What was the name of that water/fountain show? (Anyone know what I'm talking about?)

~Kristi

We are going first week in May and already booked the Shamu lunch show and are very concerned now that the reports aren't so good. I see someone said the new show was scheduled to start in April, should I call to check confirmation at all? Has anyone dined in the Underwater Grill? Is it similar to the Living Seas in Epcot with the fishtank wall? I understand that SeaWorld is stamping the tickets as you leave so that you may come again unlimited times for the next 10 (I think that's how many it was) days consecutivly? Has anyone found that first hand? Also, any info about the fireworks shows would be appreciated! Thanks! :confused3

mystify is all the same show, fireworks, fountains, water screens.

our last passholder mailer and the website says only that Believe is opening in spring of 2006, no definate date.

sharks underwater grill is like the living seas with the underwater viewing wall, but the food is better.

we've done dining with shamu a couple of times and like the food choices.

if you present your pass at guest relations before you leave, you will be be given a pass that allows unlimited admision to the park for the next six consecutive days. parking is not included.

Thanks so much for the answers to all my questions! I was wondering though, are there two Shamu shows? Is the lunch with Shamu a seperate show than the one that is said to open in the spring? I'm not so concerend with the quality of the food at the lunch, I think just being that close to the whales will be such a thrill for my daughter the food is secondary! Any other Sea World tips to pass on to us? We've been there only once before and it was our trip 2+ years ago. My daughter will turn 9 while we are in Disney. Thanks! :banana:

If the show premieres may 11th, i hope that the kiddie rides will also be open - i would assume so??? great news about may 11th (we're planning on 5/15) - hope it opens on that date. thanks for passing along the info.

FYI: Just found this on the SW website:

"Shamu's Happy Harbor at SeaWorld Orlando Is Doing Just What Kids Do Best...Growing

For more information:
SeaWorld Orlando Communications, (407) 363-2280

SeaWorld Orlando to Add First “Kid-Friendly” Rides

ORLANDO, Fla. (October 2005) – This May, SeaWorld Orlando will unveil three brand new “kid-friendly” additions to Shamu’s Happy Harbor including a family-friendly roller coaster that is themed to the park’s signature killer whale, Shamu, a jellyfish-themed samba tower ride and a beach bucket-themed tea cup ride.
The “Shamu Express” will gently thrill 28 children and parents per cycle down more than 800 feet of track in killer whale-themed cars. The samba tower will lift and spin families in jellyfish-themed seats while the new tea cup ride will enable adventurous youngsters to sit in over-sized sand buckets while they spin around a giant sandcastle.
“This expansion adds even more thrills for our youngest guests, who may be riding a roller coaster for the first time” said Jim Atchison, executive vice president and general manager of SeaWorld Orlando and Discovery Cove. “To further the family experience, parents can also ride with their children.”
Currently, Shamu’s Happy Harbor is a three-acre children’s play area that offers SeaWorld’s littlest guests four stories of colorful climbing nets and tunnels, nine slippery slides and a splashy water maze. "

Here is the link: http://www.buschgardens.com/seaworld/fla/ftp_press_releases_articles.aspx?pr_num=822

Wow, Wow, WOW!!!! Thanks for posting that info.! SW really has needed something like that in the kids section, I think. I wonder when it will be opening up?(hopefully I didn't look over that info. on your last post - I was so excited :)). Anyhow, Last time we were there it seemed that they had a ways to go still with construction....I'm gonna check it out again next time we go. Just wait til' I tell the kids esp. my 6 yo....she loves roller coaster type rides. Thanks again for posting what you found out :)

~Kristi

PS. New Shamu show, Mystify show, Now THIS.....I can't wait for it all to happen so we can go and Enjoy it all!!!!! :jumping1:

Just says "May" although this is from a press release issued in Oct. 05, so I hope it's going as planned. I am trying to find out a more definite date but so far, this is as much as I was able to find online. Maybe I'll get around to calling and see if they are willing to offer any details. If someone else gets around to it first, PLEASE POST HERE. :Pinkbounc I can't wait, either since we just got our passes that are good thru the end of the year and I want to make good use of them! :fish: I guess May will be a big month at SW!

i just called the Sea World Communications tel. # & the woman said that "Believe" will open in "mid-May". I asked if she could give me a specific date & she said that "we don't have one yet." maybe a phone call back in late April, early May will reveal a more specific date? i'll try again - i would think that they should know at least 2 weeks prior to the opening date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter