Any Canadians planning a fall 2021 trip?

We are booked for Xmas . It was last august then cmas May then august now Xmas again
I am a new dvc owner yet to stay .
we have a large travel bank with JetBlue but like you not sure how I feel about flying just yet but I’d have to rent a car and I’m not sure about that as I’d be the only driver over 25. My car lately has been problem after problem..
I need a vacation so badly .. working as a nurse and single mom homeschooling two littles with two teens I need a break .. and making monthly payments on dvc right now hurts without being able to go ha ha
I will pray it’s safe for all of us to go come summer /fall

I can't imagine walking around in the heat with a mask on 😔. It's cold here now and I still can't handle it. I can't imagine what it would be like in the heat. If it weren't for the masks (and lack of fireworks and DDP), I'd be booked and packed by now. 😢

We are booked for nine nights in November right now. Have a bunch of dvc points to use up. We will see if it happens. Vaccine news seems more positive today, so maybe? I’m not letting myself get excited. Driving isn’t an option. Dd has to go back to school for a final semester, so we are beholden to the school schedule. She and her dad will fly home after six nights. I’ll stay on with my homeschooled twins.

We have a 4 night Dream cruise booked for mid November but I think we will cancel it and try and book with our DVC points for that week at the Grand Californian. I'm not super optimistic it will happen but I just keep planning....just keep swimming!

We are hoping to go in the fall. Still trying to take our trip from last March break. But we know even the fall might not happen.

I have a cruise booked December 2021 and want to add either another week or a week at Disney or something... but that will depend on when things open of course. Fingers crossed!

We have end of aug/early sept booked but I’m about 95% sure we won’t be able to go yet. But a girl can dream! If we can’t go then, yes, we may try a fall trip (November), and if that still doesn’t work then April 2022. I would seriously hope we can travel by then...

I have a July 2021 trip booked, but I am starting to think that it won’t happen. I have received my first vaccination and will receive my 2nd shot in two weeks, but the rest of my party probable won’t be vaccinated by July, so June 2022 it will be.

great lots of us hopeful. Canada is lacking so far behind with vaccines I hope they get moving soon. DH won’t go unless he is vaccinated. We are both in our 50’s so hope we are in phase 2. He is semi retired but works part time at our local grocery store and I am a insurance broker so both essential but will see. God luck to us all being able to go away. 🤞🏻

Disney cruise booked for December 20. Just booked my flights to Miami today! The one worry is the cruise Paid in full date is in August and not sure if we will know about travel retrictions,cruise experience etc by then. If the cruise does not work for us, hope to still go to Florida in December.

When this all started and we lost our March 2020 cruise, we booked Christmas 2020 as a replacement. And then, we shifted that one to Christmas 2021. We'll wait for final payment but am not feeling positive about it. Even if cruises start up again, I think being Canadian and having to cross the border will be a bottleneck....plus, our younger one will be 12 so no vaccine as of now. And although they keep saying everyone will be vaccinated by fall, I have doubts as there is such a shortage and just the logistics. So...not hopeful it will happen.

Had a solo June 2020 that got cancelled, had a November 2020 with friends that got pushed back to Nov 2021. I try to keep my hopes up that it will happen. But somedays I really doubt the borders will be open even then seeing how slow the vaccine is going on our side of the border.

The only thing I have booked is a cruise at the end of March 2022. Our PIF date for the cruise is Dec. 31, 2021. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
We have a 4 night Dream cruise booked for mid November but I think we will cancel it and try and book with our DVC points for that week at the Grand Californian. I'm not super optimistic it will happen but I just keep planning....just keep swimming!
I’d love to stay at The Grand ❤️ But we aren’t DVC and they don’t give great discounts! Much more expensive than The Grand Floridian. Ugh. Maybe a split stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter