• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Canadians planning a fall 2021 trip?

I have just booked my flights for our September trip. I'm banking on all the vaccines being administered in Canada in the USA will have our borders open sometime this summer. I already had a room booked on our DVC points. I'm holding off buying park tickets just in case. Fingers crossed.
Me too! I just booked my October flights for Universal, Have AP. Room booked too. 🤞🤞🤞

Still booked with flights for September 4-12. Both myself and my traveling companion have our first vaccinations now. The second is currently booked for August 25 so a bit too close to the vacay but I am hopeful this can be put forward so we'll see. :)

We actually dared to dream and did a rough plan of 2 different trips last night.

We had a change in employment. Dh bought some shares into the business where he works (and now partially owns :) I'm sooo proud he took the leap) so we need to see how paychecks and payments and everything works out. Alot will depend on how all of this works out in the next 3-6 months. I can see how it will all work out, but he is the type A personality, and needs to actually see how this will all wash out in the next couple of months.

Even daring to dream a little bit and rough plan, made my heart and soul lighten 2000 times. I am the traveller. Dh is content enough to stay and do thing locally and enjoy all the amazing destinations around us. I'm the one who loves to experience different areas of the world. So crossing my fingers that our finances work out the way I think they will...then we will be joining you all and booking something.

Does anyone know where I can get COVID test if I want to fly down to FL? What kind of test is require?

I am starting to contemplate an August trip... so beyond frustrated with the Ontario lockdowns, so mentally drained while watching others reopen for a while now that husband and I (if the dollar stays good) are wondering if we could drive to Florida/Disney - but as far as I know at this point we can’t just drive across for a vacation correct?
I wonder if some of it is at least partially relaxed this summer ... I don’t think we’ll be fully vaccinated (still waiting for first shot) but even thinking of quarantining... lol
Yes feeling desperate lately haha. Ask me again next week I’ll probably have nothing to do with it ;)

Last edited:
I am starting to contemplate on an August trip... so beyond frustrated with the Ontario lockdowns, so mentally drained while watching others reopen for a while now that husband and I (if the dollar stays good) are wondering if we could drive to Florida/Disney - but as far as I know at this point we can’t just drive across for a vacation correct?
I wonder if some of it is at least partially relaxed this summer ... I don’t think we’ll be fully vaccinated (still waiting for first shot) but even thinking of quarantining... lol
Yes feeling desperate lately haha. Ask me again next week I’ll probably have nothing to do with it ;)
I am trying to find out the legal way to goon trip as well. I don't mind if I have to quarantine at home for 14 days after came back. We have been in this for way too long. I really need a break!

I am trying to find out the legal way to goon trip as well. I don't mind if I have to quarantine at home for 14 days after came back. We have been in this for way too long. I really need a break!
You can fly there. No direct flights though. My friend just went to Arizona last week. Had to fly through Chicago after leaving Toronto. Full flights both out of Toronto and Chicago. She actually completed her vaccine regimen upon arrival in the states. The shot was free at Walgreens. No waiting. No appointment necessary.

I see direct flights from YYZ to MCO. Is your friend dual citizen or something? I didn't think US has free anything! LOL

You can fly there. No direct flights though. My friend just went to Arizona last week. Had to fly through Chicago after leaving Toronto. Full flights both out of Toronto and Chicago. She actually completed her vaccine regimen upon arrival in the states. The shot was free at Walgreens. No waiting. No appointment necessary.

I see direct flights from YYZ to MCO. Is your friend dual citizen or something? I didn't think US has free anything! LOL
No direct flights right now. You might see them for the future, which will depend on the border situation. She is not a dual citizen. Walgreens is vaccinating anyone who wants a shot. She disclosed her citizenship, offered to pay via travel medical insurance. No need. Free.

Don’t get me wrong, I definitely “mind” having to quarantine but I am starting to think about doing it... hoping they’ll shorten it by August. At least. I won’t be fully vaccinated then but hopefully one shot.
My husband on the other hand it’s more of a problem because he has a business and it would be harder for him to quarantine for 14 days. 3 to 5 maybe...
What I wish more than anything is that our government would release some kind of reopening guidelines like everyone else has. Not “until cases are way down” as was stated yesterday. What does that even mean...
No direct flights right now. You might see them for the future, which will depend on the border situation. She is not a dual citizen. Walgreens is vaccinating anyone who wants a shot. She disclosed her citizenship, offered to pay via travel medical insurance. No need. Free.
Yes this is true, regardless if you are a US citizen, permanent resident or not, you can get a vaccine.

I am starting to contemplate an August trip... so beyond frustrated with the Ontario lockdowns, so mentally drained while watching others reopen for a while now that husband and I (if the dollar stays good) are wondering if we could drive to Florida/Disney - but as far as I know at this point we can’t just drive across for a vacation correct?
Anyone with info on driving across? I assume its a no go right now?

Well those flights I booked, they have already changed the one to MCO, now have to change planes. In Toronto is what they "suggest" which gets us there about the same time, but we've never gone through TO before, is 1 hour 16 minutes enough time? I assume then we have to clear US customs in Toronto, and checked bags should go through.

They changed the flight home as well, but that actually worked out, still direct at least.

Don’t get me wrong, I definitely “mind” having to quarantine but I am starting to think about doing it... hoping they’ll shorten it by August. At least. I won’t be fully vaccinated then but hopefully one shot.
My husband on the other hand it’s more of a problem because he has a business and it would be harder for him to quarantine for 14 days. 3 to 5 maybe...
What I wish more than anything is that our government would release some kind of reopening guidelines like everyone else has. Not “until cases are way down” as was stated yesterday. What does that even mean...

Yes this is true, regardless if you are a US citizen, permanent resident or not, you can get a vaccine.
I’m curious. Do you know if your friend received one of those cdc vaccination cards? I wonder how they will handle Canadians getting the first dose here and the second in the states? I’m tempted to book a trip this summer and try to get my second dose there. Thanks in advance.

@hdrolfe, we typically have a 1.5 hour connection in YYZ to/from MCO and have time to use the washroom and grab a snack with time to breathe.

Don't dottle though. No pee breaks until on the other side LOL

That'll be my worry, I always have to use every bathroom lol. I have to make sure kiddo is prepped though, hopefully he'll be better about flying by then. Having him throw up between flights would probably not be a good thing.

@hdrolfe, we typically have a 1.5 hour connection in YYZ to/from MCO and have time to use the washroom and grab a snack with time to breathe.

Don't dottle though. No pee breaks until on the other side LOL

We always have the same. Get off, clear customs, back through security, EVERYBODY PEE.... now, do we have time for food? No? GET ON THE PLANE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter