Any Canadians planning a fall 2021 trip?

So then what about those unable to get vaccinated? Esp the under 12's. Still 14 day quarantine? We won't be going anywhere if that is the case :( Pfizer isn't even submitting data til the end of summer at the earliest for the under 12's.
This is my question too. We're also in BC - booked through Dreams to come in late August. (Already delayed a year after being booked for last summer). My husband and I will both be fully vaxxed by then but our kids are 5 and 7. If we have to do hotel quarantine and then 14 day quarantine, we'll have to cancel.....again. Our original trip was supposed to celebrate our youngest about to start Kindergarten....and now he's alraedy about to start grade 1. Just want to get to WDW!!

I have 3 sets of hotel rooms booked for San Diego and Disneyland ranging from end of August to mid November, in hopes to replace our cancelled trip from last year. We have DLR tickets and San Diego Zoo, Safari Park and SeaWorld tickets that all expire in December so I'm hoping we'll get to use them. I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll be able to go the way things are progressing! August might be pushing it but maybe October? DD12 is booked for her first vaccine dose June 17th so it will depend on when we all can get our second doses and what the border restrictions are. I don't mind having to produce negative test but the 2 week quarantine is a deal breaker for us so I'm really hoping that will be lifted.

I booked park passes for September and hoping to upgrade back an annual pass then too. Our just expired in April and I did not want to renew them as I didn’t want to pay for something we could actually use yet.

Well ... I took the plunge and booked flights last night for December. They were cheap so I knew I’d kick myself if I waited and they went up. I feel like once the border officially opens, people will be rushing to go somewhere.

We had a gift card from WestJet that had been refunded after our flights last April got cancelled. Last time I had checked they put the funds in my travel bank, and then when I went to go use them the funds were gone. So I called WestJet at midnight and was like uhhh I’m missing $500 lol. Turns out they removed the funds from my travel bank and reissued me a new gift card so it didn’t expire. But I never got anything.

The two people I dealt with had to manually search through 2000!!!! gift cards that had been issued that day to try and find mine. Turns out they sent it to the wrong email and thankfully it hadn’t been claimed. They were so nice And helpful. She was like “I need a glass of wine after that” 🤣

I can’t wait to book ours! They don’t quite have our dates yet though, but within a month they will and we will also be using our WJ credits form our 2020 cancelled trip! Too bad I can’t book in the free cancellation period, but I’m also not too worried about April at all so it’s ok.

I can’t wait to book ours! They don’t quite have our dates yet though, but within a month they will and we will also be using our WJ credits form our 2020 cancelled trip! Too bad I can’t book in the free cancellation period, but I’m also not too worried about April at all so it’s ok.
They extended the $0 change/cancellation policy until June 30th now (they just changed it), maybe you might be in luck??

All day yesterday I looked at renting Disney points like we always do - anything at all from late sept to December and it was ALL full. Because everyone has points they need to book stays.

So I booked a cancelable week at the Swan this fall so we’d have it because it might be gone soon too! My Aéroplan will also allow cancelling.
We have three kids - only 1 is over 12 but I’m open to a quarantine on return if we really have too.

Hubby and I got our first dose of vaccine on the weekend and today I took my soon to be 12 yo for his checkup with the paediatrician. Asked him if we should vaccinate our 12 yo as the doctor would not recommend this a few months back. Today he said there is a lot more data from vaccinating 16+ even which is not much different than vaccinating younger kids and it’s deemed very safe. He did say that covid is mostly benign in children and while children don’t necessarily NEED the vaccine, it’s about spreading the virus to the rest of the population. Bottom line he said if my kid was his kid or grandkid he would vaccinate. More for others though not for him.
I am still torn... but more leaning towards yes because I want my kid to play sports, to take parts in tournaments and travel. My 12 yo is not convinced he wants it for some reason, probably what he hears from others. He doesn’t know we are thinking about it.
Anyway. It would be good to know what they plan to do with kids and border restrictions AND also wanted to let you know my friend had her 12 yo vaccinated on the weekend (Ontario) and they already booked his second appt for July.
Meanwhile mine and my husbands is for mid September.
It’s interesting they appear to want to vaccinate kids faster than older even though they are at less risk.

Hubby and I got our first dose of vaccine on the weekend and today I took my soon to be 12 yo for his checkup with the paediatrician. Asked him if we should vaccinate our 12 yo as the doctor would not recommend this a few months back. Today he said there is a lot more data from vaccinating 16+ even which is not much different than vaccinating younger kids and it’s deemed very safe. He did say that covid is mostly benign in children and while children don’t necessarily NEED the vaccine, it’s about spreading the virus to the rest of the population. Bottom line he said if my kid was his kid or grandkid he would vaccinate. More for others though not for him.
I am still torn... but more leaning towards yes because I want my kid to play sports, to take parts in tournaments and travel. My 12 yo is not convinced he wants it for some reason, probably what he hears from others. He doesn’t know we are thinking about it.
Anyway. It would be good to know what they plan to do with kids and border restrictions AND also wanted to let you know my friend had her 12 yo vaccinated on the weekend (Ontario) and they already booked his second appt for July.
It’s interesting they appear to want to vaccinate kids faster than older even though they are at less risk.

They want to have middle and high school students fully vaccinated by the time school starts. So then they should be able to open those schools up without restrictions.

Could be great news! Looks like the Federal panel is recommending to end hotel quarantine and end quarantines altogether for double vaccinated! :)

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coron...s-end-to-hotel-quarantine-in-canada-1.5445641
They want to have middle and high school students fully vaccinated by the time school starts. So then they should be able to open those schools up without restrictions.
What do you think will happen if only some are? I see so many parents opting out for now (even though their kids could make the decision themselves most don’t)
In most of Ontario (except for full french) kids up to age 14 are in elementary schools with kids from 4-14...

What do you think will happen if only some are? I see so many parents opting out for now (even though their kids could make the decision themselves most don’t)
In most of Ontario (except for full french) kids up to age 14 are in elementary schools with kids from 4-14...

My son is Catholic School board in Ottawa and will start high school in September, grade 7. So I would like for him to be vaccinated asap, but he doesn't turn 12 until December and depending where you live, (in Canada and even within Ontario) he can't get it yet. If I could take him to certain areas of Ontario to get the first shot, I would. He wants it, to be able to play with his friends and keep me and my parents safe. He's aware that while he probably won't get sick, he wants to make sure we don't either and he also wants to travel.

My son is Catholic School board in Ottawa and will start high school in September, grade 7. So I would like for him to be vaccinated asap, but he doesn't turn 12 until December and depending where you live, (in Canada and even within Ontario) he can't get it yet. If I could take him to certain areas of Ontario to get the first shot, I would. He wants it, to be able to play with his friends and keep me and my parents safe. He's aware that while he probably won't get sick, he wants to make sure we don't either and he also wants to travel.
And this is what my son’s doctor said to him today as well.

I don’t know where you are hearing a lot of parents are opting out. Everyone I know with teens is getting them vaccinated.

And it’s different everywhere. In my area most kids in grades 7-8 go to separate senior elementary schools. Other places I know of grades 7 and 8 are taught in classes attached to high schools (both Ontario).

The more kids that get vaccinated the more protected everyone will be. And this where parents need to take some responsibility as to how safe the schools are. You can’t exactly complain that schools aren’t safe if you won’t get your kid vaccinated

I don’t know where you are hearing a lot of parents are opting out. Everyone I know with teens is getting them vaccinated.

And it’s different everywhere. In my area most kids in grades 7-8 go to separate senior elementary schools. Other places I know of grades 7 and 8 are taught in classes attached to high schools (both Ontario).

The more kids that get vaccinated the more protected everyone will be. And this where parents need to take some responsibility as to how safe the schools are. You can’t exactly complain that schools aren’t safe if you won’t get your kid vaccinated
So far I hear this from most parents I know - at work, my son’s hockey team parents and in general I only know one 12 yo that went so far, also from the neighborhood where we live and it’s all upper middle class which surprises me. They are not saying they won’t, but are waiting. This is why it’s harder for my almost 12 yo - he doesn’t know peers that have gone so far.
I didn’t say I won’t, I wanted to consult my son’s doctor first. In our city only French schools have kids in middle schools. All other boards here have kids in one JK-8 in one school.
I was just wondering how they would handle it on the school level, as far as I know no proof of vaccine will be required?
Simply being curious, nothing else.

Just booked Sept 8-15 2 nights ago. We *REALLY* needed something to look forward to, and I felt like this was our last chance to go before the insanity of the 50th starts in October, so I decided to be optimistic and go for it. I'm very nervous that the border won't be open by then, but perhaps there will be allowances for fully-vaccinated travelers, as others have suggested. I could do the 14-day quarantine, I work from home, but it would be more challenging for my husband. Anyway, I have a Google Alert set for "Canada US Border" and so far the only news I've seen is that some lady got caught with a sloth (among other things) at the US border 🤷‍♀️

I just booked a solo birthday trip for Disneyland the other day. Oct 17-22. Since the flight to LAX was the same as MCO and I haven't been to DL since 2011 I thought I'd try Calif again. tickets are cheaper than WDW and I can just walk from the motel I figured why not!!! Plus I get to do all the new stuff and still get to ride Soarin'!!! I'll be fully vaccniated by Sept so fingers crossed we can travel again!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter