Any Canadians thinking of cruising in March 2012?

ambushangel

Mouseketeer
My son and I have just booked our 3rd cruise, this time on the Dream.

Wondering if there are any other Canadians looking to book, or have booked on the same cruise. Would love to chat and pass the time.

:cloud9:

Contemplating a cruise next year but have no idea what to expect or have not even looked up anything yet, too busy planning our may trip!Would love to hear about your experiences on the cruises though!

I love cruising in March. You do have to book now to sail at that time. When it comes to holidays, I have a serious case of OCD. I plan everything , and I mean everything.

It's so nice to be able to have eveything booked and paid for early. It allows me to be able to enjoy the spring and summer, then we jump into the holiday season. Once that's done it's time to plan our trip. This helps pass away time during our long winters.

Then March comes, off to the sunnu south for a week of rest and relaxation. I'm so relaxed when I come back I can deal with the last bit of snow.

I would recommend it 100%.

Not March, but I am looking for Feb 2012 or more likely 2013. The kids get the week of the Family Day holiday off in February. I haven't cruised in almost 20 years so I'm like a brand new cruiser. I am learning that it is almost too late to find a deal for Feb. 2012. The week we want to go is crazy expensive - over $4100 for a 7 day cruise on the Magic.

I've looked at other cruise lines and they are pretty much in the same ballpark as far as price. I'm not sure if there will be deals closer to the sailing date but I'm not hopeful but will continue to look. If no cruise then we definately want to go south, either WDW or DL. I don't think we can stay sane if we don't try to get away next winter, especially after the winter we've had this year.

I am watching carefully for when 2013 dates will be available to book. I'd love to sail on the Fantasy for 7 days.

Like SaskDisnut, we're also not March. We're currently booked on the Magic for this December, but moving it to November 2012. We discovered, at least for us, we missed too much of Christmas with family while on our last December cruise. (Besides, November ties in nicely to DW's birthday! :))

I have booked the March 13-18 cruise as well. Our first Disney cruise will be this May on the Dream. I think it is going to be great so I snatched up a march break ASAP. :cool1:

Worth checking out cruisecritic.com...bet you might find a 'roll call' for your sailing and connect with some others cruising with you!:thumbsup2

We booked this same sailing as our "dummy cruise" as our recent on-board rebooking, but will likely move it to a later date. We are also booked on a 10 night on RCCL for that same week with my parents, but the Dream is our back up plan just in case they bail on us. :laughing: More likely we will move it to Dec. 2012 for DH's Big 4-0 :woohoo:

Worth checking out cruisecritic.com...bet you might find a 'roll call' for your sailing and connect with some others cruising with you!:thumbsup2

I was just scrolling down to say the same thing. It's a great site for cruising info.

So for those who have booked a cruise, where do you go to find the best deal, onboard credit? Do you deal with a travel agent, book online through Disney or other travel sites like Expedia or Travelocity? I do everything myself for booking trips to WDW but booking a cruise seems like a completely different beast.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I always book my WDW park stuff myself ... but for my first cruise I used Dreams Unlimited. I have used expedia and travelocity for other things, but do not trust them enough for booking a cruise.

I've just booked the March 9th/ Dream cruise, our first!!

I am also planning to either go March Break 2012 or in the summer told the kids we are selling the cottage but will do some great trips in the future. So this is the last summer to spend in PEI on the shore.

We rebooked for Feb 2012 on our March 10th Dream cruise. We had never cruised before and our 3 day was way too short, so we booked a 7 day Eastern on the Magic for the 26th of Feb. Thought it was close enough to March and the pricing was silly cheap. Can't wait to try a smaller ship with a longer itinerary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter