Any chance of Holiday codes ever?

adisneyfan2

<font color=red>No one can make you feel magical u
Want to go to WDW over NY, but rack rates are downright scary. :eek: We can get the rooms we want now, but wonder what the chances are of codes coming out. We have AAA, Disney Club & non-FL resident AP's. Even though we can cancel 5 days ahead, we would have to get non-refundable airfare ahead of time, so don't know what to do. Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks everybody! :cool:

To the best of my knowledge, there have never been any room discounts for arrivals 12/26 - 12/31. This was true even last year. If you want to be there over NY's, you'll either have to arrive on or before 12/25 or resign yourself to paying rack rates. Good luck!

Depending on how long and when you are going - maybe you can check in Christmas day 12/25 and stay past New Year
and hence qualify for the discount rate? CRO was able to quote
me a discount rate for BC checking in 12/25 and checking out 12/31. I did not ask for checking out beyond that date.

Or can you go really close to New Year's eve and have 2 reservations? Pay 1 or 2 nights rack rate and then check out and check in again Jan 1st. Value season does start Jan 1st. I am pretty sure you don't have physically check out of your room for that.

adisneyfan2:

I was in a simular situation so hopefully this will be of benifit to you. My fiancee' and I are going to WDW next year during the holiday season. (Dec. 20th - Jan. 2nd) Since we are going in between seasons (value and holiday) I decided to call and heres what I found out. (You can also find this info on mousesavers.com.)
We changed plans and are now checking in on Dec. 19th, (last day in dec. for value season:D ) so we can get value rate for our entire stay even though our stay runs into holiday season. WHATEVER season it is the day you check in, that's what your room rate will be for your entire stay!
That was assuming you have 1 reservation. If value season is near the middle of your vacation and you don't mind, you can check out and check back in, but there could be the possibility of changing rooms because this will be a separate reservation from your first one.

Hope this helps

Diznee25
WDW Christmas Bride Dec. 2003

Disney doesn't usually have to discount during the holidays. You might want to look at some of the offsite hotels if you're not comfortable with Disney's prices.

Thanks everybody for all the feedback! I know it's (almost) always less expensive to stay off property, but I'm too spoiled now to consider that. :rolleyes: Thanks for the other suggestions though. I'm going to look into checking out/back in or playing with our dates. Thanks again!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter