Any dining updates for Paradise Pier/Pixar Place?

ballarinamom

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if there are any updates on the redo in regards to dining options. Cant find any recent update news and it just seems not having any dining options for an entire hotel has put strain on the other hotels. I know you can order form DTD restaurants but really, who wants to eat in their rooms? We go at the end of December and in my ideal plan, a character meal would be back there. We miss having another non resort character dining option. We loved Lilo and Stitch though I know a new one would be Pixar based

The only news is that Great Maple will be opening at the Pixar Place hotel, no details as to exactly when and if it will be a character breakfast. Based on the wording we can assume after the complete reopening but not clear if it will open immediately or soon after

Do you think the "Complete reopening" will be after the guest rooms are complete or when the first few common floors done? Id love to see the new art work etc in December

Do you think the "Complete reopening" will be after the guest rooms are complete or when the first few common floors done? Id love to see the new art work etc in December
I was using “Complete reopening” as “official name change” which I think they wouldn’t do until the theming in the common areas is done. The rumor mill is saying a summer 2023 rededication/reopening

I was using “Complete reopening” as “official name change” which I think they wouldn’t do until the theming in the common areas is done. The rumor mill is saying a summer 2023 rededication/reopening
That would be great news! Fingers crossed for accurate rumors!

The only news is that Great Maple will be opening at the Pixar Place hotel, no details as to exactly when and if it will be a character breakfast. Based on the wording we can assume after the complete reopening but not clear if it will open immediately or soon after

I can almost guarantee that the Great Maple will NOT be a character meal.

This whole project has been weird. Vague details on reopening date. Some concept art but no idea what rooms will look like.

This whole project has been weird. Vague details on reopening date. Some concept art but no idea what rooms will look like.

The weirdest thing, to me, is that the hotel remained open during this major transformation. They should have just closed it up and done the work faster.

I can almost guarantee that the Great Maple will NOT be a character meal.

I agree. Great Maple will not be a character meal. Seems like an odd location for a Great Maple anyway. Doesn’t seem like it will fit in with the Pixar aesthetic to me…

I’m a little disappointed just because we had never done the Lili and Stitch character meal so I was really hoping they would bring it back. I love Great Maple but we live a block from the original so it’s a regular in our “eat out” rotation. Maybe there will be two restaurants in the hotel? I don’t know where they’d put a second one, though.

I agree. Great Maple will not be a character meal. Seems like an odd location for a Great Maple anyway. Doesn’t seem like it will fit in with the Pixar aesthetic to me…

I’m a little disappointed just because we had never done the Lili and Stitch character meal so I was really hoping they would bring it back. I love Great Maple but we live a block from the original so it’s a regular in our “eat out” rotation. Maybe there will be two restaurants in the hotel? I don’t know where they’d put a second one,

I’m a little disappointed just because we had never done the Lili and Stitch character meal so I was really hoping they would bring it back. I love Great Maple but we live a block from the original so it’s a regular in our “eat out” rotation. Maybe there will be two restaurants in the hotel? I don’t know where they’d put a second one, though.
There were two restaurants before. A more casual place just off of the lobby and Lilo and Stitch were in the big open dining in the back. I guess it depends on how they design it all. It was always one of our favorites. Not just because of the characters but the food was unique and really good!

There were two restaurants before. A more casual place just off of the lobby and Lilo and Stitch were in the big open dining in the back. I guess it depends on how they design it all. It was always one of our favorites. Not just because of the characters but the food was unique and really good!

We never did the character meal and so I always assumed it took place in the restaurant off the lobby. I didn’t realize there was another restaurant! The article I read said Great Maple is opening a restaurant there and handle food and beverage for the hotel. I assumed that meant the poolside bar and catering for events, but it could also mean food for a character meal so I guess there is still hope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter