any hotels near DLR that are under $100?

Question for you: Do you have to book this months in advance for a trip or Do you book this a few weeks in advance? I've been leary of Name your own price because you must prepay on this option.

I always book a fully refundable room at a hotel within my price range a few months out. Then I use Priceline basically to see if I can upgrade my accommodation. You can re-bid every 24 hours, so I just choose a price and stick to it. For example, for my last trip I had the Motel 6 (a 1 star on Priceline) booked at about $70. I bid $70 on 3 star hotels every few days until I got the Red Lion (which was actually an extra upgrade being a 3 1/2 star). Then I just cancelled my booking at the Motel 6.

The only thing I'm wary of on Priceline is that the Disneyland area extends too far down Harbor for my liking. This is where most of the higher level hotels are, so I just bid on the lower level ones to try to keep it as close as possible to the location that I want. For trips where location is the main consideration (like RunDisney events), I don't use Priceline for that reason.

Lori: I think the shuttle was free, but no longer. At Christmas, I'm staying at the Sheraton Garden Grove which I believe is beside the Wyndam. I had read conflicting things about the shuttle, so before I booked, I contacted the hotel for clarification. Apparently, the Sheraton, Wyndam, and nearby Residence Inn share the shuttle. It runs on a half hour schedule (leaves the hotels at 0:15 and 0:45, and leaves Disneyland on the hour and on the half hour). The shuttle is almost free: no charge for aged 9 and under, $3 per day for everyone else. My information is correct as of Sept 10, 2014. In my case, the daily savings staying at the Garden Grove Sheraton (as opposed to one of the two Anaheim Sheratons) more than makes up for the daily $12 shuttle fee. I've never stayed at the Wyndam, but I think it would probably be a good choice. As I recall from my September investigations, the only reason I didn't book them for a couple of days was because the Wyndam doesn't have a free breakfast, which is a deal breaker for me (I could be wrong about the free breakfast; I investigated 5 or 6 Garden Grove hotels, and the details are kind of jumbled up in my mind). Within walking distance, I'd vote for the Super 8 on Katella which Zanzibar138 has already mentioned. I used to stay there a couple of times a year, good value for the dollar (let's call it "consistently mediocre"). No fridge in the room, which is about my only complaint. +++++++++++++++++++++ EDIT: I just had a look at recent Tripadvisor reviews, and it appears the Katella Super 8 now has fridges in each room, so my complaint is no longer valid.

I stayed at Wyndam Garden Grove on Oct 9-11, 2014. The shuttle is free however there is a $15 per night resort fee that includes wifi and the shuttle. Our rate was $109 a night after a 40% employee discount. But from what I had looked at most places around Disney that week were crazy expensive. Double what I was seeing for our December trip.

We just booked the desert inn for next September. We are a large family, 6, so we need a suite. We got a full 2 bedrooms with 4 beds and 1.5 baths for $149 a night. Single rooms were around $89 I believe. It's directly across the street and looks clean.

Thanks for the heads up about the desert inn! I just checked it out for us for next year and we can get a parlor suite (so a seperately couch and TV area for DH and I after ds has gone to bed) for $99 a night. Woot!

We always use the Orbitz discount (usually 15 or 20%) off and combine it with the eBates discount (usually another 3%). Last year we booked Tropicana 2 months out for $98/nt which included tax, but not parking.

Question for you: Do you have to book this months in advance for a trip or Do you book this a few weeks in advance? I've been leary of Name your own price because you must prepay on this option.[/QUOT

We book a week or two out. Never months in advance. I would guess they would not discount their rooms very much that far out as the hotels still have time to book their rooms at a much higher rate through their own bookings. Your odds of booking at really discounted prices come last minute when they want to fill the rooms they have left. We have never been disappointed with our 3 1/2 star & 4 star choice hotels (3 1/2 star is highest level available in Disney area. As well, these hotels provide shuttle service so distance has never been an issue. Not walking distance but no more than 2-4 miles out. We've bid 3 1/2 star rooms as low as $55 and average $75. If it gets any higher I'd prefer to choose the hotel of my choice rather than continue bid.

Thanks for the heads up about the desert inn! I just checked it out for us for next year and we can get a parlor suite (so a seperately couch and TV area for DH and I after ds has gone to bed) for $99 a night. Woot!

My kids and I stayed here in September in the same suite, having the extra area is great. The management and staff here were absolutely fantastic with us. I arrived feeling very unwell after our flight and Auggie arranged for us to get a room super early before usual check-in, I was so grateful to him :goodvibes and it is so close just a quick walk to the main entrance. We could even see some of the fireworks from our rear window :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter