• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any ideas for a good digital camera...

Elaine, I saw these reviews for the Kodak on Amazon.com and it made me nervous... not sure how to deal with it.

Thanks, Gillian. I've been reading Dell all evening because most of their deals end tonight! I'll be back! :p

Robin, I did check those reviews and it seems that the trouble was with the software. Truthfully I would ignore those because it is much easier to use a USB card reader and then use maybe Photo Elements (I heard that one is good... I use Photoshop myself) if you want to edit the pictures. But that aside the people seemed to complain about XP so if you don't have XP I doubt you'll have a problem. Most of those reviews seemed positive about the camera.

I also checked my handy dandy consumer reports and they didn't have a good review on any of the Toshibas they tested. That would make me worry.

But of course I am no expert here... just one who loves cameras and electronics ;) I hope I am not frustrating you with all this :eek:

Thanks, Elaine. I wasn't sure that's why I linked you to it. No, I don't have XP so I guess I'm okay.

I'm driving myself CRAZY! Dell's website has me crosseyed! :p

Thanks for all of your help, everyone!

Glad I can help a little with this Robin. I agree with Faith, take your time in choosing. I think you ought to go to a store and just play for a while. You'll get a feel for which you like and which you don't. Then once you decide which one you like best, I think then you could tackle the websites looking for good deals (check out buy.com as well as ecost.com)

I must say forever I really really wanted a Nikon 4500 (similar to Dan Murphy's camera) and then I played and I picked up the camera I wound up buying. I was so glad I played because I think I got the one best suited for me :)

Not to rush you on the Dell thing, but if you decide to go with a more expensive camera (really not necessary! but maybe look at the canon powershot a70) there is also a $40 off $300 coupon AC49146F565D that expires today.

We are also shopping for a new camera. I think I will end up getting a canon, but I have to decide between the tiny but totally automatic ones (s400, s230, s200) and the bigger ones with manual controls (s45, s50, a70 etc).

Don't forget to compare prices with Staples (use a coupon!). :)

Robin, I have a Fuji Finepix 2600 zoom that I LOVE! It's a great digital camera, especially for the price. I think that my model has been discontinued, but the new model is very similar (it's the Fuji Finepix 2650 zoom). It comes with a memory card (16 MB), which is great. Here is a link to Fuji's website for more detailed info:

Fuji Finepix 2650 Zoom

ead79

I just bought the FujiFinePix 2650 Zoom tonight - $197.95 at Walmart and spent the last couple of hour playing with it. Seems to take nice pictures and is easy to operate and use the features. Will have to take it to work and try it out tomorrow. It has 3.X opitical and 2.5X digital zoom with movie (without sound)
It's a lot smaller and lighter than my old digital.

DH got me one for Christmas this year, and did lots of research beforehand. He narrowed it down to the Tech TV pick and PC Magazine's favorite. I love my choice--The Nikon Cool Pix 2500.
It's a 2.4 megapixel and has a display. It took me a week to stop trying to look through a viewfinder, but I now love the display. My kids do, too-they ask to see any picture right away!

When he got it, he paid about 220 at Costco, but we were out shopping last month and saw if for the same at Wal Mart. We assume that because the 5.x megapixel's are out, the prices on the older cameras will go down.

Just buy whatever memory media BEFORE heading to Florida. I got a 128 card before leaving, forgot to set the camera down from Fine and had to get another card in MGM. I paid the same for the 32 meg card in WDW than I'd paid for a 128 at Wal Mart, but we expected it to be $$. At least, he was kind enough to find me a used laptop on ebay last month, so now I can download pictures as I go!

Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter