Any knitters out there?

Poohshoney

<font color=6666CC>Ya-ya sister!<br><font color=gr
Jennifer (jldriscoll) and I (Carol) were just wondering. We're Dis knitters - our husbands laugh because we both had to go halfway round the world to find a knitting friend!

Hi Nancy! Good luck with the recipe exchange! :wave:

You can tell your husbands that you only went as far as London England and found a very keen knitter, although now my children (boys aged 11 and 7) are getting older they are not so keen for me to knit for them - it has to have a label on the outside or my eldest won't wear it- but I am still busy knitting for myelf and my god-daughter.

Hi Snookhams!

London hey, I wondered what someone was doing up at this time! We lived in London for 4 years (Hornsey) till we came back here.

We've been doing a bit of pattern swapping so if you're interested in anything, let us know! The US seems fantastic for knitters, a real paradise! It's not so easy to fiind a lot here.
:wave:

Does just learning to knit count? I have made 2 children's sweaters and am working on finishing my DD's before the winter is over and I started it last winter!

Definitely! I'm not much of an expert but I am addicted! Jennifer's really good. If you're looking for any patterns at all, Jennifer has two daughters (= lots of littlie patterns) and I've got a large number of toy patterns.
:wave:

I can knit, but I haven't done anything in quite a long time. I think knitting is alot prettier than crochet, but since I learned to crochet first, I have a tendency to do more of that since I find it easier.

Last year I went to an estate sale. The woman had Alzheimer's disease and they had put her in a home. She was a knitter, a sewer and a world-renowned horticulturist.

I got 10 paper boxes full of thread, and tons of knitting needles, sewing stuff, etc. for around $40. It's all up in my attic. I need to go through it all and take out what I want to keep and either sell or give away the rest. Maybe that will get me to knitting again.

So many craft projects, so little time. LOL

The US is fantastic for any sort of crafting! my Mum always laughs when I go there because she knows that I will bring more back with me, and it's helped by the fact that compared to the UK its so cheap - we're going to Canada this year and are hoping for more crafting bargains along with bargains of any sort in particular clothes for my 11 year old who is 5'6" and doesn't seeem to stop growing.

Not a knitter but wanted to say :wave: Hi Carol!!
Glad you made it over onto this board!!

I've never knitted but thought those that do would enjoy this story. My 8yo DD is a very hands on person, my twin sister crochets, mostly lace and promised that she'd teach my girls how. As my 8yo DD was learning to crochet she asked my sister if she knew how to do that thing with 2 sticks. Said she'd got 2 sticks and tried it but couldn't make it work ;) My sis finally figured out she was talking about knitting, she's going to get her some needles and show her how to do that too :) She doesn't do much but does know how. My DD really enjoys crochet, doesnt' really know much more than making scarfs & squares but she'd made them for several friends.

Hi Nancy! :wave:

Jipsy that's a bargain! But it's sad about the old lady, that's a horrible thing to happen. As to doing lots of projects - a magazine Jennifer sent me said if you'd got 3 or more projects on the go at one time you were addicted. That's me!

I didn't know it was cheaper too Snookhams! Wow, I was just impressed by all the beautiful things on offer... Fingers crossed for Canada!

Cute story Janette! Want to learn?! It's FUN, really it is! :wave:

:wave: I made it!

HI everyone....Carol is right, it has been great fun sharing ideas and patterns as such. Newbie knitter keep it up....knitting is one of those things that is good for the soul (if not for the pocket book ;) )

Carol has ther CUTEST toy patterns ever!

And if anyone is interested I have a number of disney patterns and even designed a couple at my girls request....here's one!....
fd152a3e.jpg

Hi Jennifer!

I'm so pleased with myself - I've just finished a beret for my MIL! It was my first knitting in the round and it's easier than it looks is all I can say! :wave:

Yay!!! Carol!!! Pictures! I need pictures! Next I'll send you some picks of socks and mittens you can try!!! :teeth: (I can tell you love knitting in the round :p)

Thanks Jennifer, you're such a love! ;)

Anyone else we can share our experience/patterns with? It's amazing how you can have a knitting circle without actually being on the same continent! :wave:

:wave: Hi Carol, Hi Jennifer (and everyone else)....just dropping by to watch for awhile :)

Can I sit with you all if I bring my cross stiching?

Oh course you can Nancy! Dd I tell you I did a Beauty and the Beast CS! I have the pattern for Alice and Wonderland too. :)

I have the Mickey Self-Portrait. I need motivation for that one....but let's not let this thread get Hijacked ;)

:bounce: still looking for some knitters......pehaps we could start some sort of sharing circle. WHat are you all working on now?

Me....a sweater to take to WDW!!!!

snookhams, have you used Mission Falls yarn? It's Canadian and really wonderful. Comes in a textured cotton and a really soft wool.

Hi everyone :wave:

I'm a knitter too and have been for many years. I don't have too much spare time at the moment but I'm currently knitting a lacey patterned cardigan for my 4 year old DD. LOL - I hope I get it finished before the end of the winter!:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter