Any New Info about the Disney Treasure?

Agree …

Some of the details I love, if you look around the lobby of the Dream there are many pieces of Art Deco art of different lobbies / buildings done in the Art Deco style, including the Dream lobby. Subtle and brilliant theming … the layers are rich and classic “Disney” without having to be tied into the latest animated feature.
The original 4 ships were Disney because of the subtle touch of Disney Theming (like DVC Villas) and the overall experience. You didn't have to be immersed in Disney movies to know you were on a Disney Ship.

The original 4 ships were Disney because of the subtle touch of Disney Theming (like DVC Villas) and the overall experience. You didn't have to be immersed in Disney movies to know you were on a Disney Ship.
Fortunately they kept the same philosophy when they made the Wish

Fortunately they kept the same philosophy when they made the Wish
I don't think so. The first thing you see in the Wish (the Atrium) is so much different than the original 4. You watch the making of the Wish compared to the videos about the Magic/Wonder it's a completely different philosophy.

I don't think so. The first thing you see in the Wish (the Atrium) is so much different than the original 4. You watch the making of the Wish compared to the videos about the Magic/Wonder it's a completely different philosophy.
The atrium follows the original idea of subtle theming, though. What movie is the atrium? What obvious IP is it? It's not. It's just a different style.

It’s confusing…IMO. You walk onto a ship that looks like a castle, has some people in medieval attire and others in nautical attire. And off this castle lobby is a restaurant themed to 1920s is the US … the whole concept is bizarre and misguided…

The atrium follows the original idea of subtle theming, though. What movie is the atrium? What obvious IP is it? It's not. It's just a different style.
I never said it’s from a movie, but it’s based of fairytale castles. For example it is called the “Grand Hall,” not the atrium. So I would argue it’s based off Cinderella.

I just think the atrium doesn’t fit with the classic ships. Those are based on art themes and fit with the classic oceanliner theme Disney based the first 4 on.

I never said it’s from a movie, but it’s based of fairytale castles. For example it is called the “Grand Hall,” not the atrium. So I would argue it’s based off Cinderella.

I just think the atrium doesn’t fit with the classic ships. Those are based on art themes and fit with the classic oceanliner theme Disney based the first 4 on.
No, it doesn't fit with the classical ships. But so what? Should Disney never change anything ever? I don't get that idea. New things can be good, too. The original claim was simply that the Wish uses subtle, non-IP-based theming for most areas, just like the other ships did. That's true.

No, it doesn't fit with the classical ships. But so what? Should Disney never change anything ever? I don't get that idea. New things can be good, too. The original claim was simply that the Wish uses subtle, non-IP-based theming for most areas, just like the other ships did. That's true.
Some change is good…but the Grand Hall on the Wish is not better than the classic ships.

I think the Wish uses subtle theming in some places and it is good. But there is a lot more IP than the other ships. I think its more of a Disney issue than DCL. They seem to rely on it more for attractions/venues instead of original storytelling. It’s good and bad depends on what you want. I think Disney overall is moving away from what made it special in the first place.

Every stateroom, four of the dining rooms, two of the bars are themed to IP, and if they are subtle or not is debatable ….

Happy Sailing!

I think they should change the chip and dale pool area into the adult only area and then add mini golf to the back of the ship. Not sure how this works with logistics but just an idea that popped in my head.

Oh no! That's my favorite of the 3 resturants - I wish they'd do royal court instead.
Agree. My hope is they go along the lines of a subtle Mary Poppins overlay … just introduce some character and musical entertainment instead of a full blown “re-imagining” …

Agree. My hope is they go along the lines of a subtle Mary Poppins overlay … just introduce some character and musical entertainment instead of a full blown “re-imagining” …
Hey if they want to add but not take awayI might be ok - but right now Enchanted Garden reminds me of my favorite resturant in New Orleans.

Can the Fantasy use the Panama canal? I may be mis-remembering this, but I was under the impression that the Wonder & Magic are the only ships to do this.
I have seen this discussion go on for a few years now. It seems that the answer is that the Dream and the Fantasy would fit. Rumor for the future is that the Fantasy will do a PC cruise in 2025 or 2026, and then the Dream will change to PC and West Coast cruises. The Wonder will stay in Australia year round. Heard it from our server on the Dream who has been with Disney for many years.

We just got off of the Dream on Saturday. During the gold, platinum and pearl reception the usual review on what’s new with DCL was gone over. The BIG moment was when it was announced that due to lots of feedback on the Wish from cruisers and crew, that there were lots of changes coming to the Treasure. The whole place erupted in applause! Of course, no specifics so we all have to wait and see what this really means.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter