Any New Info about the Disney Treasure?

I've never really considered a Disney Cruise, primarily because of being trapped on a ship with hundreds of other people's kids. However, the Treasure is calling my name. These are my favorite characters—Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Aladdin, Haunted Mansion, Coco, etc.

A rumored Coco dinner show?!? A rumored Haunted Mansion bar?!?

It's like they surveyed me. 🤣

If they could just squeeze Tiki Room and Jungle Cruise in there somewhere, I'm all set.

I've never really considered a Disney Cruise, primarily because of being trapped on a ship with hundreds of other people's kids. However, the Treasure is calling my name. These are my favorite characters—Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Aladdin, Haunted Mansion, Coco, etc.

A rumored Coco dinner show?!? A rumored Haunted Mansion bar?!?

It's like they surveyed me. 🤣

If they could just squeeze Tiki Room and Jungle Cruise in there somewhere, I'm all set.
No offense but does not sound like fun. If I want the park attractions I will go to the parks.

Sounds fun to me. There are plenty of ships without Disney theming if you don't like it.
Yeah, but they don't have the same service or feel as Disney ships. They also don't have rotational dining, which I love. I like Disney theming that's why we do Disney cruises, but not every venue has to be completely IP. Subtle theming is what they should be thriving for.

Change is OK, but having everything based off movies/attractions is not what Disney Cruise Line is about.
Tbf, ALL the ships have theming based off movies/attractions. The bar on the Disney Wish is Star Wars, the dining rooms are based off Frozen & Marvel. Is it really that out of left field to change the Star Wars bar to Haunted Mansion? Or the Frozen/Marvel main dining rooms to Coco & Moana? They'll still prolly keep 1923 as the subtle nod. I think Disney does a great job as to not overwhelm passengers with the over the top theming. It's done tastefully, and if they were to remove more of that I could just go on RCL or Celebrity.

Some of this theming isn't original, but has been added in more recent years, but it's hard to say the older ships aren't themed around IP.

Magic/Wonder:
  • Lumiere's/Triton's (hard to miss the huge mosaics)
  • Rapunzel's/Tiana's (with dinner shows)
  • Animator's Palate (with dinner show)
  • Soul Cat Lounge/French Quarter Lounge
  • Almost every family venue on the pool deck
Dream/Fantasy:
  • Royal Palace/Court (maybe these are more subtle)
  • Remy (the servers always refer to the movie quite a bit)
Plus the atrium statues, the ship's stern, the bow, constant meet and greets, the "hidden" Mickey stacks, most of the entertainment, and the art work and music all through the ship... I find it hard to miss that I'm on a Disney-themed cruise.

Some of this theming isn't original, but has been added in more recent years, but it's hard to say the older ships aren't themed around IP.

Magic/Wonder:
  • Lumiere's/Triton's (hard to miss the huge mosaics)
  • Rapunzel's/Tiana's (with dinner shows)
  • Soul Cat Lounge/French Quarter Lounge
Dream/Fantasy:
  • Royal Palace/Court (maybe these are more subtle)
  • Remy (the servers always refer to the movie quite a bit)
Plus the atrium statues, the ship's stern, the bow, constant meet and greets, the "hidden" Mickey stacks, most of the entertainment, and the art work and music all through the ship... I find it hard to miss that I'm on a Disney-themed cruise.
well said. Personally I like all of that, otherwise I wouldn't go on Disney cruises lol

Yeah, but they don't have the same service or feel as Disney ships. They also don't have rotational dining, which I love. I like Disney theming that's why we do Disney cruises, but not every venue has to be completely IP. Subtle theming is what they should be thriving for.
This is the opposite of what Disney has been doing recently. Across the parks, ships, etc they're bringing in more characters and Disney theming into places that previously did not have it. I'd expect Disney to continue this trend adding more characters and Disney into spaces that previously didn't have any.

Out of our 18 DCL cruises, I believe 14 were out of PC.
I find it hard to believe there weren't a lot of kids. It's pretty easy to find pictures of the pool area. Disney does a good job of entertaining the kids, but to say you don't see them is a bit of a stretch don't you think?

I find it hard to believe there weren't a lot of kids. It's pretty easy to find pictures of the pool area. Disney does a good job of entertaining the kids, but to say you don't see them is a bit of a stretch don't you think?
Perception. I don’t see the kids so much because I just walk past them. Not my responsibility. And mostly well behaved. ☺️ They are most noticeable - to me - in my early seating for dinner.

I try to book cruises which are not during school breaks, summer, holidays… so it doesn’t matter where my cruise originates. For my purposes, there aren’t that many kids on Disney cruises.

I referred to a recent cruise as a Toymaker and his Wife cruise. One of those unique, longer itineraries on the Magic.

But I totally believe there are plenty of sailings where they are everywhere. I am just not the witness to them.

Recollections may vary.

Not really a stretch. We go to the adult pool. We frequent the up-charge restaurants. We enjoy watching the kids interact with the characters when they are not in the kids clubs. And to be clear, I didn't say I didn't see kids. Only that I didn't have the perspective that I was over-run by them when on a DCL cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter